Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » D'oh!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: D'oh!
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, before I say this, I'd like to admit to being one of the clumsiest people around. I pick my fiance up a lot (she's light as a feather), and I'm surprised I haven't dropped her on her head yet!

Now...the other day, my clumsiness really paid off. I stubbed my longest toe (Toe #2), on a conveniently placed chair. Ouch.

After limping around for a few days, I now think its broken or at least fractured. Bleh.

I'm the only person in my family to have broken a bone, and I've done it twice now. I'm gifted, I guess.

Is anyone else out there this clumsy, or is it just me?

------------------
Mail order husband.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam007
Neophyte
Member # 2121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am always running into doorways, doors and chairs. I dont know what it is about me. Oh yeah also when I'm playing basketball I always trip over the friggin lines , it drives me nuts! oh i guess being clumsy is a gift that takes time to understand.

------------------
I like my sex to be like the specail olmpics, lots of drooling and everyones a winner

Posts: 17 | From: NH | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always bumping my toes into chairs or doors so I think I'm blessed with the clumsiness gene too.

I broke both arms and legs when I was young. How's that for being clumsy?

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really, really, really clumsy but I have (amazingly) never broken anything. I think I have rubber bones . However, i do fall over a lot. In public. Flat on my face. People find it very amusing-I do to I guess. If you can laugh it off (unless you've broken something important of course) then it makes it a lot easier for people. In fact some of my best memories involve me going arse over tit in embarassing situations. He he.
Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
clumsy = my middle name.

I also have the best mems due to it tho So I guess there's ONE advantage-hahaha...

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well ... my sister moreso than me

When she was little, she walked into our kitchen table, which was clear glass on the top. She was just the right height for the table and almost knocked herself out. My uncle put his a** through our glass living room table. Don't ask how ... I don't even know lol

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always being hit by a car, parked ones that is

When I'm walking up the stairs I don't step on them fully so I slip some times and down goes me.

My toes love to come in contact with the walls and doors. My head loves the walls and my bed rail.

My books like to fly out of my arms while I'm running late to class.

Gesh there's to many :|

------------------
To be a princess is to be an actress, but not necessarily a good one.
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm clumsy indoors, like I can't walk up or down steps without looking. And half the time, that doesn't help. But if I'm outdoors hiking on really uneven surfaces, I'm fine. I've been hiking for a few years, and haven't fallen once. But then being outdoors doesn't totally take away my clumsiness, because sidewalks give me trouble. I've got scars all over my knees .

I'm also really clumsy when it comes to talking-I can't open my mouth without screwing up a word. No wonder I prefer e-mail to phones.

------------------
Sin by thy lips? Oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again!

[This message has been edited by pink (edited 03-26-2001).]

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all sorts of clumsy too. I've actually taken to carrying the baby around in one of those chest-carriers because I'm so afraid of dropping him! I have these enormous feet (women's size 12 or 13!) and you'd think that would give me more stability, but I just trip over them all day. In the last 5 years I have:

Fallen down the stairs, then up them, then down them again. In the span of 20 minutes.

Given myself a black eye three times.

Smacked my head on the corner of the cupboard, then gotten mad, and slammed it so hard it came flying back into my face -- TWICE!

Hit my head on the bathroom counter bending over to get something out of the cupboard at least once a day.

Sprained my ankles 3 times on each foot.

Sprained the arch of my right foot. Still don't know how I did that one.

Chipped one of my metatarsals. (the long bones in your feet)

Those are just the major ones. Just call me Grace

------------------
I have a hideous, hideous secret...
you see, when the full moon shines, I undergo terrifying changes... My skin gets hard and stiff... shingles grow on top of my head... I turn into... a house.

That's right... I'm a werehouse.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't broken anything but I'm pretty clumsy. I'll be walking with someone and then they turn around and there I am, flat on my butt. I didn't trip on anything or slip, I just sort of fall. It's the worse when I'm getting in my car. Almost every time, I bang the side of my head while getting in. I open doors on my toe or forehead from time to time too. I'm an idiot.

------------------
You know, Hobbes, sometimes even my lucky rocketship underpants dont help. -Calvin

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrQuack5
Activist
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrQuack5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's actually kind of funny. Between my brother and I, he is definetly the clumsisest. He has had to get stitches 8 seperate times in 8 seperate places. Neither of us have broken anything ... but last year I had to have a cast because I over-extended a ligament in my thumb because I was a soccer goalie and I had to block the shot, so I did. But the shot was pretty damn hard and I didn't have a good grip and it bent my thumb back.

Oh, and I play hockey.

Posts: 290 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
s13_sr20det
Neophyte
Member # 3236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for s13_sr20det     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my friend tim is pretty clumsy. its kinda scary at times cuz our group of friends likes modifying cars. we work in my garage a lot and around sensitive, heavy, and dangerous tools. we don't let tim do anything. he just sits and watches
Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~KandyKiss69~
Activist
Member # 3052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~KandyKiss69~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im a klutz. Big time. Fallen downstairs. Stubbing toes. Yup.

------------------
Shine, make em wonder whatcha got!-Newsboys
(((Kristine)))

Posts: 66 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrazyGirl
Activist
Member # 2648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrazyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm usually not that clumsy although I have my moments.

I work at a music store and we also sell tickets to concerts. I had just printed out some tickets and bent down to get them, banged my head into the computer, staggered backwards, and fell on my butt. And that in front of about 20 custumers. What fun.

------------------
"Always shoot for the moon because even if you miss you'll land among the stars." -Unknown

Posts: 136 | From: City of Angels | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sweetheart, you have no idea

Unfortunately, I'm naturally clumsy. I've broken my wrist, 6 fingers, 3 toes, cracked my skull on a stone fireplace ledge, the list goes on and on.

My mom says I take after my late uncle, who was given to walking directly into large trees because "he didn't see it there!" Thankfully, martials arts training has helped me immensely. I no longer trip over patterns in the carpet!

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siren
Activist
Member # 3243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, clumsy, that's me.

But the times I get hurt, I'm just being too brave for my own good. I have broken a rib, torn a ligament, and my toenail turned black once (tried to block a hockey puck with my foot, bad, bad thing to do).

I always mis-judge my corners though. I get bruises on my hips and thighs all the time because I hit them on the side of tables. I also crash into corners, my dad is always asking if I've been drinking too much, hehe. Anyway, hope your toe feels better!

------------------
Lil Siren

Posts: 190 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
italienprincess
Activist
Member # 3087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for italienprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am proud to say that i am almost close to jackie chan, with 25 broken bones, 53 fractures and 31 sprains. ( mind you i broke some more than once )

i got stitches about my left eyebrow because i ran into the wall.

dont worry! im your buddy on this one!

Posts: 130 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.