Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Any Role Players?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Role Players?
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for clarity, I'm talking about role playing in the Dungeons and Dragons sense.

I was just wondering if there were any other Role Players out there? I believe I recall 4.exe talking about role playing, but I'd imagine that there'd be a few more amongst our posters.

I've been playing D&D since last May, and I have to admit it just keeps on growing on me. I find it an excellent way to spend time with my friends- there's nothing like smiting fiends for a fun evening.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, I used to role play, but that was 10 years ago!
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, another roleplayer!

I don't do tabletop, but I've been MUSHing for several years. Right now I mostly play on World of Darkness games; my favorite game is Mage, but I also really like Changeling and Wraith.

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only game I play is Tetris. Even Pokemon is too complicated for me .

------------------
Sin by thy lips? Oh trespass sweetly urged, give me my sin again!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my husband and friends play vampire the masquerade. i dont play with them but they also try to get me to.

------------------
frozendreems@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've tried actual, from-the-book RPGing a couple of times, and got painfully bored with it, but playing with extremely perfectionistic people with lead to that. I also met my partner to play the first game, so it wasn't all bad. A friend of mine has, at times, almost convinced me that I could enjoy LARPing (LARPing? *g*), but I think for now I'm happy enough with AD&D on my Intellivision.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've RPGed once, with my sister and her friends...

...I got bored when they didn't let me have a character with lethal halitosis.

------------------
Mail order husband.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laughs_Wisely
Activist
Member # 2610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laughs_Wisely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Ooo me! I roleplay all the time. Live Action, tabletop, with a wide variety of systems. My favorite is White Wolf's Storyteller system, but I also like GURPS, and the D&D3E d20 system...

My current and eternal favorite game is Werewolf the Apocalypse. :-)

Joy!
Now that I've proven myself to be a massive geek, I'll just go back to my seat.

Posts: 140 | From: Saskatoon, SK, Canada | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my husband is considering playing werewolf. he is the story teller for vampire though right now. he likes it. he wants to get into live action though.

------------------
frozendreems@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*raises hand*

I played for a short while when I was still in Highschool. A basic german thing called "the dark eye" (or whatever) and later a little AD&D. However, the greatest fun for me was always ruining the story lines and carrying around one of my fellow players (I was a really strong character and he was a dwarf, so I either threw him around our carried him around on my back, so he couldn't do much but scream)*lol*. I'm not made for that, really.

In regards to life action play, this lovely 800 year old castle where I would help out during kids summer camps was usually the place for the largest life action role play week(s)/ends in western Germany. 't was always fun to watch those fellows, who took a particular liking in drinking met from goat horns and sword figths....but taking part...nah, not for me, even though I can understand the fascination!

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 03-26-2001).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.