Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I have a rat!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a rat!!
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess what? I'm now the proud mommy of my first baby rat. She's white w/ red eyes and she's really really cute

I went through some pet names, and after thinking about it for a bit, i named her Kyara (Kee-arah) I got her yesterday, as a bday gift from my bf, and today she finally let me pick her up.

I've successfully managed to dislodge her wheel tho, so now it's just sitting in the cage. At least she's not hiding under it anymore (she can't fit lol)

Ahh ... Anyone own any rats? I've had gerbis and hamsters, but it doesn't seem to be the same. She's learned how to squeak and how to knock over the food dish. What am i allowed to feed her? Anything that could harm her?

Hehe I'm gonna go play w/ my rat again!! LOL

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A RAT BUDDY! I have a white rat with red eyes, too, LilSmurfy . Her name is Mimi, and she's 2 and a half years old. We named her Mimi, because when we got her she had a big tummy like Mimi on the Drew Carey show. And guess why she had a big tummy! That's right... She was pregnant! So we had nine baby rats in our cage, about the size of peanuts. Unfortunately, Mimi was still young herself, and she couldn't care for the youngens. We lost them . But on a lighter note, Mimi is still doing well! We feed her rat food from the pet store and then my book said to feed them fresh fruits and vegetables, so we give her a tiny bowl of apple, banana, and beans every night. She also likes noodles! But don't feed rats cat food! My book said it's very bad for them, becasue it has so much protein. Just thought I'd warn you. I love my rat . I had two when I was 5 and then my Mimi. Make sure you play with Kyara everyday, because they're social animals. My book said that it's best to have two rats, becasue they'll keep eadh other company and unlike some other rodents, they won't fight with each other. But if you're just going to have the one, you should hold her and play with her as much as possible . I hope you have a lot of fun with your new pet! We'll have to keep each other updated on our pets. Take care, my Smurfy!

------------------
Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you've got their shoes!

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momma cat
Activist
Member # 363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momma cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations from Momma Cat, now you can call yourself Momma Rat! I used to love rats, but they iritate my skin where their precious little claws dig in...so cute, but in about five minutes my neck will be covered in red dots. I'd have to say I prefer cats. I miss my cat!!! That's one thing that sucks about living in dorms, you can't have furry little critters in your room...well, they *do* let my boyfriend in
Posts: 155 | From: WA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you smurfie. At least a white rat sounds much better than a grey one.

Got a rat phobia remember?

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one too! I have had it for a year. Rats make the greatest pets. Her name is Calypso.
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~KandyKiss69~
Activist
Member # 3052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~KandyKiss69~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwwww, rats are so cute!!!

------------------
Shine, make em wonder whatcha got!-Newsboys
(((Kristine)))

Posts: 66 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say hi to your rat for me! My kitty says hi too, but he's a nice kitty and wouldn't hurt your rat.

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy! Email me at FlirtieGirlie7@yahoo.com

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually ... I have two cats

One is my dads and one is mine. My cat (Missy) doesn't seem to really like Kyara. She likes to jump on the desk and scare her. And she still shakes (the rat) when i pick her up

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.