Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Eeeeee, it's dark in here!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eeeeee, it's dark in here!!!!
Lina79
Neophyte
Member # 2276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lina79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, I was sitting in the bathroom, minding my own buisness, when the lights went out. At first, I thought it was my little brother playing a very cruel joke, but then they didn't come back on. So, I got got myself squared away and went downstairs to see what was going on. It turns out, the power lines had frozen and the power was out. In fact, it stayed out for most of the night. For some reason, darkness makes me wide awake, so I was up really late with nothing to do. So I got to thinkin' what's my favorite time of day? For me, it's 3a.m coz that's when 3a.m Jeanette rolls around and let me tell you, she's a fun girl.: What are your favorite times of the day??

------------------
*Lina79*

Posts: 12 | From: St. John's, NF, Canada | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would say right after 1st period, when I'm walking down the hallway, and this really sweet guy smiles at me, everyday . And at 2:11, one minute after the dismissal bell rings. And on Saturdays, around five o clock, when Lifeguarding is finally over and I'm going home.

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lynne
Activist
Member # 713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lynne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm awake for it, I love the early morning. It's cool and quiet. If it's overcast or foggy, it's delightfully gloomy, and if it's clear, the sunlight is bright and white and beautiful.

I generally do not like most of the daytime, particularly the majority of the afternoon, because I always get tired and sluggish then.

Late afternoon and evening -- around sunset -- is also nice, because it's getting cool and dark again. I love the night, too. It's beautiful, I like how it's cool and dark (can you tell I don't like warm weather?), and I love the way lights contrast with the darkness. Night has always somehow managed to be both invigorating and soothing to me.

------------------
To the rational mind there can be no offense, no obscenity, no blasphemy, but only information of greater or lesser value.
-- Jennifer Diane Reitz

Posts: 266 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdxnate250
Neophyte
Member # 2771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdxnate250     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its 3 in the afternoon, right after school gets out... I'm usually sitting out in front of the music room and the most amazing girl I know comes over and we talk while we wait for our rides...
Posts: 26 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From midnight til dawn. It's really the only time I have to myself. I just love laying there in my bed in almost complete darkness in my room, not really sure if I'm awake or dreaming.

------------------
I have a hideous, hideous secret...
you see, when the full moon shines, I undergo terrifying changes... My skin gets hard and stiff... shingles grow on top of my head... I turn into... a house.

That's right... I'm a werehouse.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently switched from a day shift to a graveyard shift, so now I work from 6pm-7am. I have found that there is a certain time, between about 4:30am and 5:45am when the entire city is quiet and the sky is just starting to go from black to deep blue in the east. If it's not busy, I can sit and watch the sky go from black to dark blue to blue all in about an hour. It's a beautiful sight, the sunrise...if any one of you are insane enough to be awake at that hour, I highly recommend it. =)

[This message has been edited by BruinDan (edited 09-26-2002).]

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favourite time of the day will be anytime after midnight. Especially when I am out, everything seems so quiet and peaceful. And if I feel worried or troubled, I feel like everything will be okay.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have to like 2:30-4:00 on weekdays. It's the time I have alone after school before my family starts rolling in. I can just be me... and alone!

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any time after midnight. I think the night time is so sexy.

------------------
To be a princess is to be an actress, but not necessarily a good one.
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with BruinDan on this one.

I love the dawn. By nature, I've always been an early riser, and I really cherish that time of day. In summers, it's the best, because I can go outside and do my sun salutations as the sun is rising and the world is barely waking.

Ah, bliss.......

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~KandyKiss69~
Activist
Member # 3052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~KandyKiss69~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After 11 p.m....

------------------
Shine, make em wonder whatcha got!-Newsboys
(((Kristine)))

Posts: 66 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7of9
Neophyte
Member # 2578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7of9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I live in the moutains, in the Alps, and the best thing to start the day is watching sunrise... In a few seconds the whole scene changes and I am ready for the day...
Posts: 15 | From: Germany | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like dawn, too. Watching the sun rise and watching the world wake up is fab, simply fab.

------------------
"I am capable of, but sometimes not interested in making myself happy."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3.45 weekdays because that's when we are freed from the evilness that is my school. Nothing compares to the feeling of freedom as you run down down the stairs into the big wild world. I really hate school at the moment. But for the most beautiful time of the day, it's gotta be sunset out of my bedroom window. I think it's the pollution that makes it even more beautiful-hows that for irony??
Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.