Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » MAKING OUT!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MAKING OUT!!!
some_girl
Neophyte
Member # 3033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for some_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys! Well i was just wondering what your all time fave make-out song is and why?? I have no idea about me so i just wanna get everyone else's opinion! CiAo..
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever you and your boyfriend like. Its a preference, like a lot of things in a relationship. Talk it over with your babe and that will be that. Easy, right?

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh sweetie, you want to make out to out make out song?

As Glitter said, just find your own. It will come to you, I promise. It comes to people at the weirdest moments. Or it could just be any song you like.

I have to say that Sade would be the ultimate in making out music. But my boy prefers no music. Says he gets distracted.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on the mood we're in.

Sometimes electronica like Fatboy Slim, sometimes classical tango music, sometimes eclectic finnish music like Hedningarna, sometimes classic R&B like Otis Redding, sometimes old Jazz like Billie Holliday, sometimes world pop like Shakira...all depends.

But I can likely guarantee you that if it were somthing in today's top 40 mainstream radio, I'd be more inclined to scream than smooch.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishGirl
Neophyte
Member # 3060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IrishGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this may be wierd but me and my bf like hanging by a moment by lifehouse. it's kinda upbeat so we don't kiss really slow but the message is perfect for me and him. he doesn't know it but when i'm alone i hear this song and tear up everytime. because that song is exactly how i feel about him. i know, awwww how sweet.

------------------
%Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly% -Chrissy

Posts: 8 | From: jonesboro,ar,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my lord, I just have to say that i LOVE that song by lifehouse, they are my all time favorite band! (this week......jk)

It's such an awesome song and the lead singer is such a total cutie!!!! Okay, just wanted to say that!

Ciao!

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy! Email me at FlirtieGirlie7@yahoo.com

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Silence...

But I do remembering making out to, oh heck! I can't remember the song. My minds not listening to the music it's listening to the sound of smooching.

------------------
To be a princess is to be an actress, but not necessarily a good one.
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we have a mix. i have a cd burner, so i just downloaded a bunch of songs and put them on a cd ...unfortunately, the CD got scratched. oh well, time for an update.

"teardrop" by massive attack
"caterpillar" by the crystal method
"lay lady lay" by bob dylan
"wicked games" by chris isaak
"demon" by guster
"the dubeliscious groove" by the crystal method
"porcelain" by moby
"crush" by the dave matthews band
"weekend" by blackeye peas
"can't keep running away" by pharcyde
"lovesong" by the cure
"sugar water" by cibo matto

eh...there's more, but i can't think of it right now

it's good. nice flow.

em

------------------
Once in awhile you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

-The Grateful Dead

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's too bad my boyfriend doesn't enjoy music the way i do (live breathe eat sleep).

but the first time we made out, it was to AIR Moon Safari. It's good mood music, very sexy and relaxing. And it's French. My boyfriend loves all things French.

Here's some songs that I like when i'm in the mood:

Jeff Buckley "Last Goodbye"
Sarah McLachlan "Possession"
Black Lab "Time Ago"
U2 "With or With You" (sexiest song EVER!)
Bush "Body"
Orgy "Stitches"
Econoline Crush "All That You Are (X3)"
3 Colours Red "Beautiful Day"
Massive Attack "Teardrop"
Placebo "Every You Every Me"
Stabbing Westward "What Do I Have to Do?"
Nine Inch Nails "Closer" (yeah, it turns me on, but I think it'd scare the sorts of guys I go out with)
Goo Goo Dolls "Iris"
Smashing Pumpkins "Mayonaise"
Garbage "#1 Crush"
Sting "Fields of Gold"
Toad the Wet Sprocket "All I Want"

Honorable Mention to Groove Armada

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
....it differs, it really differs. Thankfully, we both have really decent CD collections. And a pretty similar taste.

So it depends on our mood. Or what kind of music is on when the mood strickes us.....we sometimes like stuff like endorphin (the "skin" album is great!), Moby, Kruder & Dorfmeister and Air (the Virgin Suicides Soundtrack is great, too) - IMHO things with few lyrics aren't as irritating and don't make you want to sing along! - , sometimes prefer good old Cure or U2, Something for Kate...or well, the more I think about it, whatever music happens to be there. It really doesn't matter much, does it?

------------------
"I am capable of, but sometimes not interested in making myself happy."

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surferChicka
Activist
Member # 2232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surferChicka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
gumdrop...definetely Iris!

but my guy and i never have music on.

------------------
peace, love, & seXwax!

Posts: 117 | From: Honolulu, HI | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OperationIVY
Neophyte
Member # 2690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OperationIVY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sublime, just sublime, that stuff works, its upbeat and perfect
Posts: 15 | From: ? | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the name or the artist . . . but it's the 4th song on the Matrix soundtrack. Absolutely perfect. Very intense. It switches back and forth very smoothly from a cello and a piano I think and very high-tech music with all these sound effects. Okay, maybe it's just hard to explain.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
poetgirl: rob d "clubbed to death" (kuryamino mix)

------------------
This space reserved for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite makeout song would have to be "This I Promise You" by NSYNC...

------------------
"There's a peace inside us all, let it be your friend, it will help you carry on, in the end."- Creed (the song,"Inside Us All")

-Shanna-

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree, "Hanging By a Moment", as well as all of Lifehouse's songs would be great to makeout to! hehe! Lifehouse has been my favorite band for almost 5 months now... they're starting to get really big and they're getting alot of air play! They rule The lead singer, Jason Wade, is such a hottie!!!

------------------
"There's a peace inside us all, let it be your friend, it will help you carry on, in the end."- Creed (the song,"Inside Us All")

-Shanna-

[This message has been edited by Sourgirl1986 (edited 03-19-2001).]

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoltzBoy
Neophyte
Member # 3211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoltzBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus Christ Superstar..the soundtrack did it...i know it's quirky or whateva. But it's just got a funky groove...and the song "I don't know how to love him" is one of her favorites...
We also listen to the CD I made for her or Led Zeppelin. Anything from the 60's is just made for gettin into the groove.

Ciao,
--Chuck--

Posts: 14 | From: Virginia | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, Emsily and Gumdrop... Excellent music selection!!! I would have to agree that Air is very sexy. I've never really thought of that.

I just make out. To a movie, to white noise, to music, to whatever. Everything around me goes blank anyway, so...

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonbeam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me + my guy r both into rock +find something intense quite a turn on eg:

the hollow- a perfect circle
orbeus- a perfect circle
ne thing by machine head- my fav-message in a bottle or hard times
one night in spain- human waste project
+ alice + chains r ok too

the wilder the better gets my adrenilin pumping ne way!!!!!

Posts: 84 | From: Ireland.uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
manda_is_cool
Neophyte
Member # 3216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manda_is_cool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I always just chuck a CD on, usually Fiona Apple, Jeff Buckley, or U2 - anything that's relatively mellow
Posts: 6 | From: mandaville | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
towel42
Activist
Member # 3118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for towel42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't do a whole lot of making out, but as far as songs go, I can think of a few. Almost every song on Sarah McLachlan's "Fumbling Towards Ecstacy" or Delerium's "Karma" would be appropriate. I think somebody mentioned it, but "Sugar Water" by Cibo Matto is a dead sexy song, it really is. I like that Lifehouse song, too. There are also some good Tori Amos songs, and some songs by A Perfect Circle. I could go on and on, I listen to waaay too much music.

------------------
...an angel who didn't so much fall as saunter vaguely downward...

Posts: 256 | From: Illinois | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know sometimes I like it quiet when me and my boyfriend are making out, sometimes its nice just to have peace and quiet.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything that's happy hardcore. Seriously. Something about the cheesy lyrics and piano makes it better (But then I love happy hardcore anyways)..

My fave would have to be Brisk + Trixxy "Eyeopener" but failing that (and any other H.Hardcore) it would be Delerium "Silence", MJ Cole "Crazy Love" or (shock! horror!) Ozzy Osborne "Ghost behind my eyes"..

I know.. I'm a weirdo

entropie

------------------
Scarleteen Advocate, not to be confused with Advocaat

I have yet to meet a C compiler that is more friendly and easier to use than eating soup with a knife.

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mm...let me think of some that are special...<br><br>

Stellar - Incubus
Barrel of a Gun - Guster
Iris - Goo Goo dolls
The Score to American Beauty
lots of Dave Matthews
fiona apple
sarah m

lah.

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisygirl
Neophyte
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm... best music to make out to... depends really, i think... maxwell is a definite good choice especially maxwell's urban hang suite... ben harper is a great one, too. elliot smith is sweet. and sometimes you've just gotta throw in dave matthews band's crash cd. great stuff right there. then again there's nothing like the sound of breathing and sighing...

------------------
i'm gonna clear my head, i'm gonna drink that sun. i'm gonna love you good and strong while our love is good and young.
--indigo girls

[This message has been edited by daisygirl (edited 04-03-2001).]

Posts: 38 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joryuu
Neophyte
Member # 2329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joryuu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my picks-

the score to american beauty (i saw someone else mentioned it up there, yessss!)

anything by tori amos, particularly live tori amos

radiohead's "kid a"

and the song "glass vase cello case" by tattle tale.

------------------
-zarah.
karma police, arrest this girl

Posts: 19 | From: in between the moon & you | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.