Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Troublemaka Died this morn.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Troublemaka Died this morn.
Sam007
Neophyte
Member # 2121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Katelin died this morning at 9:11am, i am her best friend sam and she told me to let everyone know at scarleteen that she wants to thank everyone for the advice that u have given her. and she also told me she wants me to continue on giving advice here and helping others. i know just from how Katelin was talking about you guys, you must be pretty specail, she doenst talk that highly of anyone. she also wanted me to tell u to live life up and take risks everyday. so i will be posting here instead of her and i guess i just wanted to say that today we lost an amazing person
-to my little wild red head Katelin, i will miss you-
Sam

------------------
I like my sex to be like the specail olmpics, lots of drooling and everyones a winner

Posts: 17 | From: NH | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
bless her. i hope she is well wherever she is.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She was a beautiful person. Incredibly brave and wonderful. I will miss her incredibly.

Thank you Sam for letting us know.

It's amazing how attached you can get to someone whom you don't even know.

And yes. Bless her. This is a sad sad day at Scarleteen.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Sam, and thank you for letting us know. Our thoughts will be with Katelin, and with you. She was a valuable part of our community here and we already miss her.

Please give our best wishes to her family, and let them know that we're thinking of her, and accept our hugs to you, too. It is so hard to lose a friend.

C'mon back to Scarleteen whenever you like, toots. We'll be happy to see you.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sam, I am so terribly sorry to hear this.

Indeed, her spirit here was really lovely, and she was an incredibly brave and spunky person.

If her family is accepting cards or any type of memorial, could you please drop me a note and let me know where to send something?

My email is heather@scarleteen.com.

Thank you for relaying this, Sam.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sad to hear this. She was very special, and she must be someplace good now.

Thank you for telling us, Sam, and I know it's not much, but if you need someone to talk to, we're here.

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for letting us know.

And, yes, Lin.. you're absolutely right. It is amazing to know that you can feel sadness over losing someone you don't even know in real life.

Sam, darling, if you need any advice or someone to talk to we're all here. And do let her family know that we'll be missing her along with many others, I'm sure.

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes to you and her family. I'm sending all my love your way.

------------------
To be a princess is to be an actress, but not necessarily a good one.
Don't dream your life, live your dream

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam007
Neophyte
Member # 2121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miz Scarlet- You can send all ur thoughts or any little notes of well being to her old email. her parents will be checking it from now on, everyone she knew , knew she love the computer and internet. She always joked around and said it was her herion. LOL but here is her old email: dramaqueen101@popstar.com

------------------
I like my sex to be like the specail olmpics, lots of drooling and everyones a winner

Posts: 17 | From: NH | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy I very sorry. Give her family the best for us at Scarleteen. She will be missed.

Bless her heart.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck to Kaitlin!!

And welcome Sam! I'm sure you'll carry on Kaitlin's stream of good advice and be a real help around here. Good luck to both of you.

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry to hear that

It's amazing how attatched you get to a person when you don't even know them ... Thank you for letting us all know, Sam. And welcome ... I'm sure you'll be able to carry the same torch for us that she once held.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sad to heart this, too - and kind of speechless. Am sending my love to you and her family and friends.

Katelin will be missed.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you sam. I feel terrible- she was a really great person. I know she's somewhere better though, and I hope she's doing well. We'll all miss her. I'm so sorry to hear about it, but I'm glad you let us know.

Bless her. I know we'll all remember her.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear that she died . I hope she's in a better place now. Thanks for letting us know, Sam. And welcome to the boards

------------------
Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, because then you're a mile away, and you've got their shoes!

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She will definately be missed. Thanks for letting us know, I know we're all sending our thoughts and love to her family and friends.

~KittenGoddess

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is so sad She was such a great person.
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~KandyKiss69~
Activist
Member # 3052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~KandyKiss69~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never met her, because Im new, but still, Im very sorry.

------------------
Shine, make em wonder whatcha got!-Newsboys
(((Kristine)))

Posts: 66 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.