Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Favorite Vacation Spot!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite Vacation Spot!!
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where is your favorite vacation spot?

I really wanna go to Cancun for my Spring Break and party hardy!! Thats one.

Another one for my hunny moon I want to go to Hawaii.

I love the blue blue waters, they are so beautiful.

So how bout you??

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love New York City. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

------------------
Bad Cats!!

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
St. John in the US Virgin Islands. I love the island sooooo much! It's warm, and sunny, and just beautiful! I've been there 3 times already and I can't wait to go back! And there is a teeny resteraunt that serves the BEST sowrdfish I have EVER had! It's freshly cought that day and mmmmm, now I want swordfish!!!! Grrrr....

I also like all of the other virgin islands, in the british ones there is no drinking age! (hehe, but I DONT drink, my mommy and daddy wont let me anyway) *fakes a pout*

Bye!

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy! Email me at Ladybug705@yahoo.com

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
::quizzical look:::

Vacation? What is that word, vacation?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for the record, I would rather visit London than anywhere else. England's so cultured and has such beautiful buildings and art. I also would like to go on vacation to Ghettysburg (sounds dumb, I know), New York, or somewhere by the shores of Florida. So I could just relax and check out the sites.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
San Fransisco!!!!!! I love it there. I might be going this summer! I can't wait. HERE I COME CALI!!!

------------------
To be a princess is to be an actress, but not necessarily a good one.

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New Orleans, Louisiana. Going there for my honeymoon.

------------------
I have a hideous, hideous secret...
you see, when the full moon shines, I undergo terrifying changes... My skin gets hard and stiff... shingles grow on top of my head... I turn into... a house.

That's right... I'm a werehouse.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with buff chick. I dig san francisco! and it's my only vacation spot since I don't go on vacations much. i'm going tomorrow after class.

i may go to paris with my boyfriend this summer. he's studying there for 6 weeks, but i think i have 2 weeks to spare before i have to lock down for MCATs.

and i enjoy going to thailand. haven't seen my grandma in years. haven't been back since a few years before the economy went belly up.

went to argentina last summer. it was winter there, and it was fabulous. snow in june. we're so boreocentric, we forget it can snow in june somewhere.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Miz Scarlet! You should eat some ice cream! (That's what my favorite professor in the whole world <3 tells me whenever I'm stressed out. It's also why I gained 20lbs my first year of college... )

I'm so tickled to be living in Florida after growing up in the midwest that I don't really think about vacation much. AFAIC, this is a vacation. Going home is also a vacation, now that I'm not there all the time I really do appreciate it even more. If I did travel, I'd want to go see some of my bestest friends up in Washington State. I love Hawai'i, and I'm thinking I might go to graduate school there. I really want a chance to take Hawaiian lessons with other people who actually speak it. My family used to go canoing every year along the Minnesota/Canadian border, and that was nice. I hope to travel a lot some day. Right now though, gosh, there're beaches everywhere!

(Oh, <3 is a sideways heart. It's not very common, but I like to use it. I <3 so many people )

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Say Glitter--do you dive? I think it would be a tragedy to go to Cancun and not go diving. (This coming from the student of marine mammology, of course...)
Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda sorta, Im taking diving in school next year. I will be on a diving team. I can only do a ok back dive and a good regular dive and a swan dive.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Hehe *blush* ... I meant SCUBA diving.
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm, fave vacation spot? Depends what I am looking for, really.
I like city tours, and living "in the heart of Europe" (more on the western edge, really), I think Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris,London and Rome are fab places to go...Rome in May....aaaaah.
I've been lucky to have been to New Zealand, and it's south Island is rpetty damn beautiful, if you're looking for loneliness and mountains and rain and forest. The west coast there is loooovely.
And then there is Australia, of course...and all the bits I've seen of that country so far have been awesome. Victoria - you'll love every piece of it.

But right now, I'd really go on holidays anywhere....where it's warm and where I could lie around and do nothing. My rents are on Fuerteventura (canary Islands, Spain) at the mo, and even though that island is really just a big heap of sand (and a few volcanoes), that'd suit me just fine right now.

Wanna come along, Miz S? We'll collect money to pay someone to do your work so you get time off!

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anywhere that has beaches!! I must've been a duck in my past life time b/c i love the water. I love lying in the sand and suntanning and listening to music ... Ahh!! I want to Wasaga Beach for the last week of summer vacation a few years ago and loved it!! I also went to Punta Gorda, FL to spend a few weeks w/ my grandparents and we found a few beaches there ... Ahh ... I miss it
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyAngel84
Activist
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I liked hawaii, i went there last spring break with choir to compete....it was pretty cool but since we had an agenda thing where we had certain things planned at certain times it made it a little less fun.....but it was probably good cuz we got to see things we probably wouldn't be able to if we just went ourselves w/our family or somthing.......i'm going to NY this memorial day for choir......i can't wait.....we were supposed to sing in carnigie hall but we switched to a different competition to save money i would rather spend the extra money but oh well......hawaii was the best so far though!

------------------
* No man/woman is worth your tears and the
only one who is, will never make you cry.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you love someone, put their name in a
circle, instead of a heart, because hearts can break,
but circles go on forever.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen
to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't
say.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If all my friends were to jump off a
bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the
bottom to catch them.*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 161 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I were to go anywhere it'd be in England or New Zealand. However, it's not an option right now, and I find my city has enough used bookshops and decent enough buses to keep me happy for now.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just went to Cancun over Feb. break and it was wonderful!! I got to do so many cool things. I wish I had more time though because a lot of the activities took up full days (like the jungle tour) Scuba diving, and swimming with dolphins. Oh I loved it!!!!

------------------
You should make amends with you if only for better health. But if you really want to live, why not try and Make Yourself?

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn. No one wants to come here.

I am a horribly spoiled brat and I absolutely cannot survive for more than 2 days without a shopping centre. Am a shopaholic as well.

So my fave places would be the States, man do you guys have huge shopping centres, and Hong Kong.

I've only been to LA, San Francisco and Las Vegas. And I love them all. Fab food and wonderful shopping.

However I would love to visit Paris just for the sake of it. And Canada. Have heard nothing but good things about the country.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lin, sweetie, you KNOW, that I will spend more than a few hours next time I come to Singpore, I simply HAVE to! And then we'll go on a shopping spreee........ yeah yeah yeah.
And then next time, we'll meet in Paris...yeah again.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nookiebabe16
Activist
Member # 2190

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nookiebabe16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well out of the vacations I have been on I would say Cancun was the most all around fun, Japan was the most interesting yet culture shocking, and Ireland was the most like home. Jamaica was just hot I would recommend Cancun for anyone who wants a nice vacation. Nice pools, nice beaches, lots of eye-candy boys And plus you feel like your a princess or prince as the case may be. It was fun for me because in my town there are only 400 people and they all look the same. It was fun learning spanish and talking to everyone. Oh and if you go dont make the mistake that I did. "Yo quiero su cuerpo" is NOT "will you dance with me" hehe Have fun!
Posts: 58 | From: Massachusetts, U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~KandyKiss69~
Activist
Member # 3052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~KandyKiss69~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm... Well, I dont often go on vacation, so Id hafta say my cottage, its up by Ottawa, (Ontario).

------------------
Shine, make em wonder whatcha got!-Newsboys
(((Kristine)))

Posts: 66 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.