Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Binge Drinking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Binge Drinking
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know...I have LOTS of issues

I have a terrible problem with binge drinking. I am 16. I'll be 17 the beginning of next month! Woopie! Rated-R movies is about the only thing I look forward to...eh, oh well.

Anyways, who else has been a victim of binge drinking? How do you get a hold of this if you're under age? Is there adult-supervision?

If you have overcome this problem, what would you recommend to under aged drinkers?

Thanks!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've taken the first step ... in admitting you have a problem.

Second, you need to find out why you're doing it. I really believe that we do everything for a reason ... whether we know what they are or not. Are you hiding from something in your life right now? What do you get out of getting drunk? Do you gain anything in this situation?

I suggest you go to your guidance councellor or mom/dad and tell them what's going on. You need to get off of the alcohol, and now. Alcoholism isn't a joke ... it's some pretty serious stuff and you can do a lot of damage to your body that way. Be nice to your body, it's the only one you'll ever have.

I searched Alanon and found a lot of helpful links. The 12 steps was the one i really liked. Just look around ... A little bit of self help can go a long way

Feel free to contact me on icq if you ever need to talk hun ... I'm always here to listen

(Oh yeah ... could one of the mods in here switch this over to support groups? I kinda think it fits better over there. Thx bunches!)

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 03-02-2001).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Angela.

Here comes the overly blunt Miz S: You can't be a "victim" of binge drinking, because alchohol can't jump down your throat. So, uless someone besides you is shoving the bottle in your mouth, you haven't been victimized. You've simply made poor choices for yourself.

I also need to be a Mom here and add that a 16-year-old in the states drinking (and posting it) is illegal. The post alone could get you in big trouble, kiddo.

I agree with Smurfs advice: get some help. Honestly, it just isn't about the aclhohol it's about everything that's been going on with you in the last handful of months.

And if I can be real blunt (and you get to tell me to put a sock in it if you want), this, just like the issues with the sex sounds like yet another way to try and distract yourself from dealing with your real issues and from dealing with getting your patootie together, girl.

We're here for you -- and I know that you can get through ALL of this stuff and make good choices for yourself that really will serve you well and help -- rather than hinder -- you.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hon, my close friend was an alcoholic for about a year.

She is the same age as me. 19.

She constantly suffers from certain medical problems due to her excessive drinking and if she could turn back time, she would.

This is serious hon and you should get help for it.

And I agree with Miz S, I believe you are drinking to deal with certain issues. And that is never good.

You can stop hon. You really can. Stop going to places you know will be serving booze. Stop hanging around with people who you know will be drinking or offering you booze. It sounds tough and it certainly is. But there is no easy way to it.

If you ever ever need to talk to someone, you can always email me or icq me.

*hugs* Angela honey.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Smurf...thanx for the websit thing. The 12 steps..thanx you guys!!
Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.