Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » POLL: What is your Nickname origin? (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: POLL: What is your Nickname origin?
dixiechick88
Neophyte
Member # 8786

Icon 12 posted      Profile for dixiechick88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just luv the Dixie Chicks!

luv ya, dixie!~!~!~!

Posts: 9 | From: Chicago,IL,USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbarosa
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 19894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbarosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A hint only. It is of latin origin, and describes a feature of mine. A removable feature.
Posts: 380 | From: Up North, Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbarosa:
A hint only. It is of latin origin, and describes a feature of mine. A removable feature.

hmm, i thought you had named yourself for a certain cowboy movie. but i did date someone with the same feature you speak of, and asked that i never see it (i looked at the photos and freaked). some people wear it better than others.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenna D.
Activist
Member # 18964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenna D.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My nickname is Jay. Currently, I am studying in the UK. Therefore I am Jay, in the UK. After I go back to Canada, it'll no longer be relevant, but oh well.
Posts: 72 | From: Scarborough, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_red_radiance
Neophyte
Member # 22420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_red_radiance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The story behind my name:

It was the first time my boyfriend came over my house, probably 2 weeks after we got together. (we're going on 5 months now, wow this was a while ago!) Anyway, we were laying on my bed kissing and I happened to turn on my red tube light which forms the word "love". Just to set the mood. It makes the entire room glow red.

He commented that he liked the light because it felt like being in a movie and he also said I looked hotter under it lol. Turns out, so did he

So that is where the "Of Red" part comes from.

As for "Radiance", the first song we started writing lyrics to each other from was AFI's "This Celluloid Dream" our fave part of the song was "Bathed in your radiance, I melt."

And voila, Of Red Radiance was born

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm a HUGE fan of Amy Brown's Faery art. So, that is where my handle came from. Nothing huge with a nice long story-I just enjoy fantasy art with faeries and dragons and mermaids...cool stuff if you ask me
Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DixieG
Activist
Member # 21554

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DixieG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well my nickname came from the fact that i am a sounthern girl and my daddy one day just started calling me dixie girl as my nickname and my friends call me it too. It's just because i am a redneck and proud of it.
Posts: 51 | From: Bradenton, Florida US | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaperFlowers
Neophyte
Member # 23303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaperFlowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Paper Flowers" is a lyric in Imaginary by Evanescence.
Posts: 4 | From: New York, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lizenny
Activist
Member # 22661

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lizenny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This nickname started from Lenny (I'm a girl bt I still spell it with a Y. SO THERE! ) Lenny Quites was a fake name I used whenever I needed one like in a prank or just to use as a pen name. Then I just started using that one every day because I hate my real name and I plan on changing it. My parents gave me a name that sounded like the name of some ancient movie star hoping some talent would rub off or something except mine sounded like the cheap imitation. It's like trying to make your kid the next Brad Pitt by naming him Brad Pott. I use lizenny here because I thought Lenny was too plain so I jazzed it up a bit and here it is.

------------------
You catch more flies with manure than you do with honey.

Posts: 110 | From: Worcester MA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
windycityskacore
Activist
Member # 19031

Icon 1 posted      Profile for windycityskacore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I was in a ska-core band for a while (which is a style of music...kinda like ska but sometimes more "punk" or "hardcore" or "progressive and exprimental" or whatever musical tag you want to put on it. Some of my favorite ska-core bands are Hot Stove Jimmy and the Blue Meanies...) although, just recently, we broke up...

I'm also from the Chicago suburbs and am hella-proud to be from here (both the Chicago area and the suburbs...)...hence, the name...

------------------
...or is that just me being naive
again?

Posts: 49 | From: Chillinois, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RUDeelite08
Neophyte
Member # 23364

Icon 6 posted      Profile for RUDeelite08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i go to ***** university in nj...
my name is danielle and when we drink at school im a lightweight hehe...hence deelight...and i graduate (hopefully) in 2008!

------------------
*Contraceptives should be used at every conceivable occassion*

Posts: 37 | From: Spotswood.NJ.USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natasha Lockhart
Neophyte
Member # 23648

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Natasha Lockhart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My username is my real name

Well, not really, but it might as well be. I never cared for my legal name, so I came up with a new name, Felix Lockhart, and that's how most everyone knows me (except family and co-workers, which is for the best). I may get a legal name change, because the two different names get confusing sometimes, but it's also nice to have a bit of a division between my "controversial" life (political columnist, author, very outspoken queer) and my "mundane" life (computer technician in an ultra-conservative small town).

Posts: 8 | From: Harrisonburg, VA USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alamus
Neophyte
Member # 23631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alamus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, well once I got into college I got two new friends well after a few months.

Their names were Alexis and Alexandra....
My full name is Alexandria....

So, in our large group of friends I soon met Alexis went by Lexi, Alexandra went by Alex, and I went by Al. Thing is I was getting tired of being called Al, but the name stuck with me cause if they all started calling me Alex I would get confused with the other Alex and if anyone called me Lex I'd hit them. So Al it was... It wasn't until another person (boy this time) joined are large group of college friends, his name is Alexander (CRAZY AIN'T IT?!) and so we were just all mad! But he went by the name Nipples (don't ask why) and eventually Alex started teasing me and started calling me Alamus. Like a sort of name of power or something just like a Roman or something. And from there she would just call me Alimi (as in two of me... I don't know what she's refering too when she calls me that though.) But yeah, Alamus... it stuck. People still call me AL, but I like Alamus better. I like it. hehe.

Posts: 20 | From: Elgin, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brite Crayon83
Activist
Member # 23517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brite Crayon83     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its kinda weird how my screen name originated.

My sn for everything used to be Sleepyhead. But once I started college, I never slept anymore so I thought I should changed it.

There for I got Brite Crayon83.

I am always a happy, energenic, and fun person, and ppl say that I am a 'bright' person. So thats where the Brite came from. Crayon is because I like to color. Im 21 but I still color ALL of the time. And 83 is the yr I was born in. I put them all together and they sound good together!

Posts: 74 | From: Rhode Island, USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x-chantelle-x
Neophyte
Member # 23888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for x-chantelle-x     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well mine is basically my name but with a few x's and -'s around it!!
Normally I would go by the name of Microsoft Girl though...although I couldn't be bothered to write that out when I signed up!!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shawtysboo23
Neophyte
Member # 23408

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shawtysboo23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My nickname is kinda boring lol This guy I have loved for like 5yrs now (he dont love me... yet) And all the time I'm trying to do stuff to get his attention and be like you know what?! I LOVE YOU! lol so i came up with the nickname shawtysboo23, because his basketball number is 23 and well yeah hes my boo and im his shawty lol i wish but itll happen someday!! lol so hope that explains my nickname?!
Posts: 13 | From: Cudahy, WI, United States of America | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ILoveRyanSeacrest29
Activist
Member # 22226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILoveRyanSeacrest29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine should be pretty self explanetory (sp?) lol I'm a huge fan of Ryan Seacrest and the 29 is how old he was when I first became a fan. After that I've begun using that number for everything.
Posts: 52 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ceresbaistat
Activist
Member # 23736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ceresbaistat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine isn't very fancy. I recent got a puppy names rebel and he's a very small dog. Plus, littlerebel was taken, i think.
Posts: 52 | From: Seabrook, TX | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SquishaySka77
Neophyte
Member # 25157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquishaySka77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. Squishay comes from Squishy, which comes from Finding Nemo..(You know, the little jellyfish..) The extra "a" is from my cousin Alex, being dumb and pronoucing everything with an extra "ay" at the end. It just sort of stuck. Ska comes from me not wanting to be classified as "punk" so everyone started calling me Ska..which is totally different but yeah.. and 77 comes from, well. That's my favorite number. Interesting huh? -Not. lol.

------------------
"It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not."

Posts: 1 | From: Exeter,Ca, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dani Rage
Neophyte
Member # 22203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dani Rage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Danielle and Dani is a usual nickname, but I had gotten into a fight one day and one of my friends came up with Dani Rage. It's stuck since then.

------------------
'Just be yourself. It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else'
www.danirage.com

Posts: 8 | From: New York City, NY, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*spacebag*
Neophyte
Member # 25188

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *spacebag*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think mine came from i was trying to say something 2 my friend like " give me my space back" and it came out as spacebag
Posts: 29 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
im not sure but i think my screen name came from an argument me and my sister once had. she said i was guilty and i replied was about as guilty as an angel, hence guiltyangel. the 210 bit came around just because i needed to add a number on the end because there was already a guiltyangel email address for someone else.

as for what some of my friends call me. they call me bob. but my real name is emma and one day someone just called me emzi bob and it eventually got shortened to bob and well. there we have it

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
well guiltyangel comes from an argument me and my sister once had where she said i was guilty of something and i replied that i was about as guilty as an angel (i.e. not at all) and thats where guiltyangel comes from. the 210 was just because there was already someone else using the name guiltyangel on my email server
Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solecita58
Neophyte
Member # 25329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solecita58     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It all started in GSA--- our advisor was going to post reminders on the door, and she asked if anyone wanted code names for the sake of privacy. No one cared about privacy, but the code names sounded so fun! She gave everyone random names and mine was "Sunshine," which everyone seemed to agree fit. And I've been using that ever since.
Then, in Spanish, we needed Spanish names, so I asked for something that meant Sunshine. Solecita actually literally translates to something like "little female sun".
The 58 is a random number that happens to be my favorite, just because it's all mine. No competition, like 16 or 7.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solecita58
Neophyte
Member # 25329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for solecita58     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It all started in GSA--- our advisor was going to post reminders on the door, and she asked if anyone wanted code names for the sake of privacy. No one cared about privacy, but the code names sounded so fun! She gave everyone random names and mine was "Sunshine," which everyone seemed to agree fit. And I've been using that ever since.
Then, in Spanish, we needed Spanish names, so I asked for something that meant Sunshine. Solecita actually literally translates to something like "little female sun".
The 58 is a random number that happens to be my favorite, just because it's all mine. No competition, like 16 or 7.

Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solecita58
Neophyte
Member # 25329

Hmm... my computer is acting up. Sorry about the repeat posting.

[This message has been edited by solecita58 (edited 09-13-2005).]

Orange Juice
Neophyte
Member # 25609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orange Juice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always loved fruity stuff.
Fruit, fruit drinks, synthetic fruit flavoring, smoothies, etc.
Okay, so I really hate bannanas, and I'm not too fond of a few others, I lovelovelove fruit.
Well, last year, I drank fruit juice almost every day of the year during lunch, and soon one of my friends was calling me "that crazy juice lady". We laughed, and it turned into a nickname, Juice. So I use it as an internet psuedonym, and as Juice was already taken, and I love oranges, Orange Juice it is.

I've also recently become interested in the furry fandom, and Juice the white donkey is my "fursona" so to speak.

--Orange Juice

------------------
Life may be hard at times, but it certainly beats the alternative!

Posts: 8 | From: Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LLFU
Neophyte
Member # 25700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LLFU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LLFU = Lovely Little F***-Up
Posts: 9 | From: Benson, North Carolina, US of A | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bebsangel
Neophyte
Member # 25514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bebsangel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
B-Stands for the first letter of my mema's name.
E-Stands for the first letter of my mema's middle name.
B-Stands for the first letter of my mema's last name.
S-Stands for the first letter of my mema's madien name.
She passed away in 1999. I was her only grandchild, and was VERY close to her my whole life. She helped raised and I considered her my best friend. A lot of the really embarrassing things that happened to me my first two years in high school I told her, nobody else, just her. She was my ANGEL. Anytime I can I use bebsangel, in memory of mema.

Posts: 15 | From: Dayton, TN, USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've got a couple of nicknames, but they're not very unusual. Daria, of course, because my friends thought I acted like the cartoon character(the 319 is March 19, the date I registered my first screenname), and Bunny, because of a pink fuzzy jacket I owned. My friend Matt thought the zipper pull looked like a little pink bunny tail, so he called me "lilpinkbunny" and it stuck. Later, one of my professors shortened it to Bunny. That one REALLY stuck. Barely anyone knows my real name now.

I've also got a really old one from a church group I used to hang out with. Apparently, the guys thought I was sweet, but sulky, so they called me Damned Angel, or DA. I twisted it around and made it Angel Of Darkness around fall of '99, when I got my own website

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ya
Neophyte
Member # 25957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It means "I" on Russian. It is the only Russian word I know.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ya
Neophyte
Member # 25957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 10 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ya
Neophyte
Member # 25957

ya
Neophyte
Member # 25957

ya
Neophyte
Member # 25957

quote:
Originally posted by ya:

Sorry, there is something mistical with my computer...

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.