Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » POLL: What is your Nickname origin? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: POLL: What is your Nickname origin?
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well my nickname here comes from my original nickname, it's Sally_Champagne. I came up with that name long before I had internet, I just thought about a "nickname" for anything, and I was a huge oasis fan back then, so I wanted something connected with them. There's this song called "Don't look back in anger" that has a girl "Sally" in the lyrics, so I thought "Sally's cool, now she must have a last name" eheh... so after trying combinations with some words from other of their songs, I chose Champagne, from "Champagne Supernova". These 2 songs are actually 2 of my faves.
When I got the internet I used the nickname for irc and stuff, and there are lots of people who call me sally Then as it was a bit long I made up "Sallynha", which is kind of a word for a "short and sweet" sally. The way the word is built is like it was a portuguese word (->we add "inha" to say a feminine noun is small,short,cute, that kind of meaning)... So I hope you're not too bored! eheh
I've recently been using another nickname though, tHATGIRL coz my boyfriend's nickname is tHATDUDE --> this reminded me it's kind of similar to ThisGuy ehhehe only we're "that" and he's "this" lol

------------------
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~~~~Sallynha~~~~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
countrygirl23
Neophyte
Member # 3323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for countrygirl23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I chose my name because its what I am! I just recently moved into a city that is gigantic compared to my old town and so everyone that knows me or talks about me at school calls me the "countrygirl" or that "hick chic" since I'm really into the Rodeos and wat-knot...and the 23 is for the day I was born..the 23rd of January.....by the way...to the LilBlueSmurf..I think thats one of the cutest nicknames....lol and its also what everyone calls my mom 'cause shes only 4'9

------------------
~*~Don't sweat the petty things...and definately don't pet the sweaty things!~*~

Posts: 14 | From: Texas, U.S | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked this nickname because I absolutely love Van Gogh's painting, Starry Starry Night!
Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCagedOne
Activist
Member # 3746

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCagedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my nickname comes from two places really. The first, which is where most of the meaning comes from, was from my old job. I worked in a warehouse, and my "office" was a corner of the warehouse that was fenced in. Since there was a gate in the fence(to keep nosy people away from my computer while i was gone) my co-workers thought it was funny to take a padlock and lock me in there. Hence, I spent quite a few hours locked in the corner of a warehouse. It doesn't hold too much meaning anymore since I quit that job, but I like the name anyway

------------------
"A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey"
----
"Recycle, stay in school, and fight the power" ~ SSX
----
"We're all here cuz we're not all there"

Posts: 52 | From: Usually somewhere between MI & FL - currently KY | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Munchy
Activist
Member # 6463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Munchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I posted this once, but it seems to have evaporated. Anyway, I also use a different nick on this site than I do on the rest of the web. My sig line kinda explains my nick. In high school one of my best friends called me Munchkin, which she then shortened to Munchy, and deformed into Monchichi. For those of you who don't know, Monchichi was a small monkey-like doll that was around when I was a kid. The song on the commercial went, "Monchichi, Monchichi, oh so soft and cudd-ely." My, ahem, former nick on this site was from my childhood. When I was little, I used to jump on my grandparents' bed, so my Grandma called me "Popa's Little L-------."

------------------
Munchy, the Munchkin, the Monchichi

Posts: 64 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum7/HTML/000739.html I started that one without even checking to see which ones were still circulating... silly me

------------------
"It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we all stop trying." -Jennifer Aniston

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VorteX
Neophyte
Member # 6713

Icon 2 posted      Profile for VorteX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nickname? Which one? The "alexpulp" I use most of the time was only 50% inspired by something in the outer world (namely the band PULP I was very fond of in 1998, the time I started spending hours in the Net), the "alex" part came out of nowhere. No, wait, it has an origin, but that's a long and not a very happy story. As for VorteX... hm... I think it appeared when I got my hands on UnrealTournament and needed something less freaky than "alexpulp". The UT era has passed but the nick remained, now it's the title of my 1-person software company

------------------
Don't stare at your enemy
with disgust. You'll might
have to eat him.

[This message has been edited by VorteX (edited 01-24-2002).]

Posts: 2 | From: Tallinn, Estonia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kythryne was my first totally made-up screenname. I decided one day that I wanted something totally unique and different from my real name to use online, and I played around with a bunch of stuff until I found something that didn't seem to be in use by anyone else on the internet. It's a permuatation of both Kathryn, which is a name I've always liked, and Kathleen, which was my great-grandmother's name.

And Aisling I found in the book "Peachtree Street" by Anne Rivers Siddons. It's an Irish name that means "dream" or "vision," and I loved the way it looked even before I knew what it meant.

Eventually, I decided I liked Kythryne Aisling better than my real name, and I started using it in real life. It's not my legal name yet, but will be soon.

And Miz S. is responsible for shortening Kythryne to Kyth.

Kyth

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

[This message has been edited by kythryne (edited 02-17-2002).]

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwistedPyroGirl
Neophyte
Member # 7117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwistedPyroGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I choose my name because I am a bit strange, and so my friends tell me "hey your so twisted" and because I have a thing for fire. And I am a girl, lol.

------------------
~**Pamela**~

Posts: 19 | From: tulsa, ok USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 7 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i got the nickname Rits... by: i was at my friend's house and she was online... and i wanted to see if a bunch of people were on so she made me a new little tab on her buddylist... that was i would b able to see if they came on rather than checking every 15 minutes... i was typing fast and i meant to put rita's... but i put rits as a typo... and every since she's called me rits... and she's gotten lotsa other peoples to call me it too... but they dunt even no how it originated lol
Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sh!mmeR!ng*staR
Activist
Member # 6475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sh!mmeR!ng*staR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
um.... i like stars? =D?

------------------
Prosperity that
the golden Muses
gave me was no
delusion: dead, I
won't be forgotten
-Sappho

Posts: 97 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lilfran14
Activist
Member # 6858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lilfran14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a couple nicknames!

Fran~My middle name is Frances(yes im a girl) and all my friends laugh at it and get a big kick out of it so they all decide to call me fran, frances, franny at times!

Unders~ unders is definetly one ill never forget..it was last year during a basketball game, my team wears white shorts, and i forgot that u could see threw our shorts, and i wore black underwear with pink pocadots! everyone saw! so it stuff!

Grace~ Grace is because i have a big problem with standing up. if i was walking on class i would trip over something. I have a balance problem! lol

------------------
~*Katie Frances*~
"No i dont want to meet ur friends,
and i dont want to start over again
i just want my life to be the same just like it
use to be"

"In the land of the free, home of the brave, why is it that i still feel like a slave.?"

Posts: 183 | From: Buffalo, NY :) | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer23
Activist
Member # 6893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone knows what ElfQuest is, WELLLL YAY! hehehe...anyways, it's a comic book, and my fave. I belong to an online fan club, and Stargazer is the name of the charcter I play. I am 23, which is where THAT comes from. That was only cuz plain Stargazer was taken....
Posts: 45 | From: Girard, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearcub
Neophyte
Member # 6958

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bearcub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why Bearcub?
Hmmm... 'bear' - I guess because my real name sounds somewhat like it, and 'cub'... it's cute *G* I didn't really expect it to be available, but I guess I was lucky :-)

------------------
"We read to know we're not alone."

- C.S. Lewis -

Posts: 12 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
italienprincess
Activist
Member # 3087

Icon 1 posted      Profile for italienprincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my nick-name is starfish

my speech coach started calling me that after i sent a poem to everyone on the team about a man who was watching a little boy on the beach try to throw the starfish that had washed onto the shore back into the ocean. everytime he threw one back it seemed as though fifty more would come. the man says to the little boy,'what are you doing? the tide is just bringing them all back.' and the little boy says,' so? maybe ill save one." or something along those lines.

awe!!

Posts: 130 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
italienprincess, the question was supposed to be 'what is the origin of your scarleteen name?' lol.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the1andonly
Neophyte
Member # 4925

Icon 7 posted      Profile for the1andonly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everyone calls me Eore or w/e from the Pooh show thingy because I always looks sad, even if Im really happy. LoL. I cant help it. But hey, Ill deal...

------------------
[i]CrisE ImSoSpecial[i\]
[b]Love me for me[\b]
My diary..

Posts: 23 | From: Erie, PA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparklydiamonds
Activist
Member # 7247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparklydiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's from the movie, Moulin Rouge. I totally loved that movie! People everywhere should watch it. It's the best ever. Lol. The Sparkling Diamond was the name of the main character from the movie, Satine, played by Nicole Kidman. She's a very good singer. As well as Ewan MacGregor. It's seriously worth a look.

------------------
~*Diamonds are a girl's best friend.*~

Posts: 40 | From: City Of Lost Angels | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melimelo
Activist
Member # 7361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for melimelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I chose misscat cause its Miss Cat in one word. My real name is Catherine and I have a friend who calls me Miss Cat. I had no ideas for a nickname.
Posts: 81 | From: north america | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
weeelll... this nick that i go under here is my very first. when i first got online i couldn't think of anything good. soo star is just because i love stars. i have one tattooed on my arm with a moon, other stars and a shooting star inside, kind of a night sky scene.. that really has nothing to do with the name, just a side note because i babble a lot. and the 1120 is an inside joke from marching band in highschool.

my other screen name is xsporkstarx the x's are just decoration. but i really dig sporks, i paint them as a hobby. my website is http://www.angelfire.com/oh4/sporkforest my room is called the sporkforest because i hung a bunch of painted sporks from the ceiling.

sporks are just fun.

*sam*

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks
Activist
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to be Pixie69, because I'm semi-obsessed with faeries, pixies, and other fae creatures.

Now I'm HeatherRocksMyBobbySocks because I needed a new name. See, Pixie69 was an Advocate for over a year. And then she had to stop because of a stupid computer and not enough time. "rocks my bobby socks" is a term I've coined for things that really rock. Heather being the one and only Mz. S, who tops my "things that rock" list. And I'm jsut a regular user now, so I thought I needed a new name

Posts: 103 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BLonDi 1745
Neophyte
Member # 7501

Icon 7 posted      Profile for BLonDi 1745     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my nickname came from well...im a *Natural blonde and not a bleech or fake blonde. i have had natural blonde hair ever since i was lil. the 17 id for how old i just turned and the 45 is my b/f's number.lol

------------------
*~*BLonDi*~*

Posts: 12 | From: P e n n s y l v a n i a, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

I've probably already put in my 2 cents... but what the heck?

Pretty selfexplanatory: I daydream... a lot! Hehe. The 24 is... just 2 numbers. 4 is my lucky number, and... 24 for 24 hours a day!

Heatherrocksmybobbysocks- Whoo-hoo!! I was right, oh yeah, oh yeah!

------------------
Don't Mess With Texas

PeaceAngel
Activist
Member # 7466

Icon 7 posted      Profile for PeaceAngel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I picked the name "PeaceAngel" because I am all about promoting peace and my number one dream is to have world peace. The angel part is because I collect angel figurines and I think angels are SO pretty and my older sister always used to call me Angel, before she died.

------------------
~It takes all kinds of people to make our world interesting and it takes acceptance to make our world peacful.~

Posts: 46 | From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jewishpunk
Activist
Member # 8056

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jewishpunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my nickname is Kasedia, i have no clue how i got it.
Posts: 67 | From: Some unknown planet beyond the solar system. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
devilkinder
Neophyte
Member # 7765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for devilkinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Devilkinder....Hmmm At times im gothic so i thought it would fit. I wanted devilchild but i couldnt have it, so my mom told me kinder meant child in germany.

My real name is Kiffen, pretty unique and i love it. But people assume im a guy when they first read my name.grrr! One of my teachers, and some other friends from Germany have told me that Kiffen also means smoking weed in germany, is that so? If it is i feel so bad for my self, i lived in germany my first 5 yrs of my life:<

The nickname my parents have called me since i was born is Bubba. My mom says they called me this because i was such a bubbly baby.

Better late then never right?

------------------
*~*Kiff*~*

Posts: 30 | From: Somewhere, i'll call when i know~*~ | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cate
Activist
Member # 3634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I'm bored, and I'm avoiding homework, I'll post here! !

Cate....it's my name. Caitlyn has been shortened to Cate, and since I have no imagination when it comes to online nicknames, I use Cate for almost everything.
Except AIM, which is what my mommy always calls me, her pumpkin.

Yes, call me original.

------------------

Posts: 87 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreveryoung
Activist
Member # 7990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreveryoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this was my first time ever using foreveryoung as a name, but i was trying to think of something and it came to me cause i am young,, and i kind of want to stay that way forever.

------------------

*****@nna-Christine*****

Posts: 87 | From: PA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maryha
Activist
Member # 7897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maryha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have lots of nicknames aside from this one. . . But the reason I chose "Maryha" is because I've always liked the name "Maria." However, I am also a scifi fantasy fan and like to spell things in alternative ways to make them sound a little eccentric. . . First it was Marhya on another forum and it just sort of evolved into Maryha.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PinkElephants
Neophyte
Member # 8409

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PinkElephants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if u dream bout pink elephants its meant 2 symbolise future happiness and since i'm usually a pretty happy person i fot it would be cool.
Also i really really love elephants-they r so amazing and it is the song in Dumbo-the disney film-u know at the bit where he drinks all the wine and gets really pissed.
It is also a sortofi code name among my friends 4 a penis so thats pretty cool asd well.

Posts: 9 | From: scotland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SirenRose
Activist
Member # 8384

Icon 14 posted      Profile for SirenRose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my nick name came from the fact that people think i use and abuse boys. and i don't. i've been in a good relationship for nearly 3months and i am very happy with him. anyways In Greek mythology Sirens drew in sailors from the sean with their beautiful voices. When the sailors listened to their songs, they fall in love, and follow the song to their death. The Sirens ate the sailors. Very Romantic. and Rose comes from my last name which is Rooze but is pronounced like the flower. i thought it was clever...

------------------
~*Scientists say that one out of 4 people are crazy. go to 3 of ur friends and if they are okay, you are it.*~

~*In faith i do not love thee with mine eyes
for they in thee a thousand errors note
but tis my heart which love what they dispise,
who in despite of view is pleased to dote,
Nor are mine ears by thine tounge's tune delighted,
Nor tender feeling base touches prone,
Nor taste nor smell desire to be invited,
To any sensual feast with thee alone.
But my five wits nor five senses can dissuade one foolish heart from serving thee,
Who leaves unswayed the likeness of a man,
Thy proud heart's slave and vassal wretch to be.
Only my plague thus far can i count my gain,
that he who makes me sin awards me pain.
~*William Shakespeare
Sonnet 141

Posts: 138 | From: ur dreams | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had the nickname "zanney" since I was a baby. I couldn't pronounce my name (Roseanne) properly so I called myself zanney, or zanne. And now everyone else does too.
Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theduck
Neophyte
Member # 8691

Icon 6 posted      Profile for theduck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my nickname from...well, mainly my friend. She had this website at "itsdorkrock", which she got the "dorkrock" from a song by the Ataris, Angry Nerd Rock. Dork rock, nerd rock, same diff. Anyway, I thought "dork rock" was pretty cool since it's ROCK music for DORKS (of which I am a proud member), but of course she'd already taken that. This was about a month ago and I needed a new email, so I asked if I could somewhat take her idea except change it to "duck rock", because ducks are just cool. Their yellow shades, and orange beaks, and the way the squeak (especially if they're rubber)...but I'm going off on a tangent here. Sorry. Anyway, um, I got my duckrock email and ever since all my screen names have been sort of "revolving" around the rubber duckie/duck theme.
Ducks are cool.

Posts: 12 | From: ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniLoo
Activist
Member # 7058

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JenniLoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have had a certian teacher for 4 classes so far in my high school career. My real name is Jenni, and he always called me Jenni Loo, I guess it stuck, another one I seem to be acquiring is Cotton Jenni....long story, mabey later!

------------------
~Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?~

~ Jenni

Posts: 43 | From: Savannah, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got my name from my (ex) best friend who said I looked like a fox because of my red hair and white streak, and fire is just fun to play with (safely of course ) and thats pretty much it!
Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.