Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Daria

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Daria
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that lilnerd has a Daria quote in her signature, so I just thought I'd take a moment to say that I absolutely love this show. I was wondering if anyone else here is a fan of that most wonderful cynic.

My favourite quote from the show would have to be "I don't have low self esteem. It's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else."

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've had a few people tell me that I remind them of Daria. None of these people knew each other, either.

it must be the glasses. couldn't possibly be the caustic sarcasm i sprinkle on everything i say.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I absolutely adore her. And my fave quote is the same one as yours Beppie.

But I don't think MTV Asia is showing Daria anymore.

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 02-22-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i love daria!!!! me and her share the same views on life and people.

------------------
frozendream1026@aol.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's my girl! I love Daria!

------------------
"it's like being hit in the head repeatedly with a sock full of quarter's" ~~Daria~~

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three words: Sick Sad World.

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/.
"Is love like the sweet, bitter taste of marmalade on burnt toast?"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Daria Rocks!!! She reminds me of myself in a weird way!!!

------------------
~*~*Sourgirl*~*~

"I would like to get away from Earth awhile and then come back and begin all over."-Robert Frost, from the poem "Birches"

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I am a little like Daria. I am a very sarcastic, cynical person. But I am kinda' weird and perky at the same time so I am not toatally like her. But I do love the show. I watch it whenever its on.
Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ningrrl
Activist
Member # 685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ningrrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, people have told me I remind them of her as well. I didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or insult! I think a lot of people get mad at me because I have a smart mouth, hehe. Anyhoo, that is my favorite cartoon. It rocks.

------------------

shedding skin sucumb defeat
this machine is obsolete

Posts: 124 | From: Lucasville, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People used to call me "daria" but that was more of a "haha you have dark circles under your eyes, you're pale, you have cuts on your arms and you seem like a depressed cynic to me" than a compliment. *sigh* I love that show and I love watching Britney and Quinn (sometimes you just gotta laugh). *sigh* But I only have basic cable now...no Daria for me.

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smittenkitten
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smittenkitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apart from the fact I have a younger brother, my family is much like Daria's.

I am the elder sister, cynical, witty, with a fav show that hardly anyone else likes (me:the x-files, them: Dawsons creek).

My younger sister is the socialite - compared to me who hardly leaves the house alone, let alone with friends.

She is always complaining about her clothes - I am not daggy, but I don't follow trends.

My dad is always getting mad or freaked over something.

gillians gal :0)

Posts: 465 | From: Canberra, ACT, Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rizzo
Activist
Member # 802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rizzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta say I like Daria too. Nice to see a show in which high school is not portrayed as a party a minute, best time of your life sort of thing. I can relate to her hatred of trendy popular girls and gym class
Posts: 582 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~KandyKiss69~
Activist
Member # 3052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~KandyKiss69~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I luv Daria too, though we are total opposites!!

------------------
Shine, make em wonder whatcha got!-Newsboys
(((Kristine)))

Posts: 66 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.