Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » War is hell, but the INS is worse.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: War is hell, but the INS is worse.
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three and a half brutal hours.

Bodies lay everywhere. People were dying like flies under the withering barrage of stupidity.

I never once thought any of us would make it out alive. Such was the cruelty of the enemy we faced.

She was vicious - 5'4, middle aged, and firmly entrenched inside her little pill-box. Nothing would shift her. She was truly the Bitch Troll from Hell.

No mercy. No quarter. She could eat a visa applicant whole and spit out his bones. All this from behind 2" of bulletproof glass.

"Your photos are no good! Go and get some new ones!", she'd scream at whichever poor unfortunate dared approach her.

"Go pay the fee!", she'd scream, before brutally disembowelling her victims with an ice-laden glare of death.

Then it was my turn. As I nervously approached the window, I had a sudden flash of inspiration - water! It'd worked on the Wicked Witch, so why not the Evil Immigration Lady of Satan?

I splashed her. I doused her. Whole litres of precious dihydrogen monoxide were unleashed upon her. She withered and fell. "I'm meeeeeelting! I'm meeeeelting!", and then we were free.

As we ran for the exits, we sang joyous, Disneyised tunes of freedom. Glorious freedom.

War is hell, my friends. But the Immigration Service can be far crueller.

------------------------------------------------
Oh alright, so you want the real version? Reality is over-rated, you know...

Following a delightful 13 hour bus trip up to Sydney (courtesy of a friend who insisted on getting a bus there, then pulled out at the last minute), I had a visit to the friendly United States Consulate-General. For some reason the Consulate only a few km from my house wasn't good enough...

Then followed three and a half hours of confusion, rudeness, and a near heart attack.

But after it all, all the pointless time-wasting. All the money-wasting. All the stress and agonising delay. I had my visa.

I now have a piece of paper to allow me to see my fiance. I can see a woman I haven't seen since June. YAY!

------------------
Sometimes I ask myself: "Self, what's life all about?"
But I never reply. I'm rude like that.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yay! yay yay yay yay! oh, i'm so happy for you! ...i remember one time when i had to go get a passport from the federal building because it was too late to send away for one. it sucked. US federal people are just not nice.

em

------------------
Love is a word that is constantly heard
Hate is a word that is not.
Love, I am told, is more precious than gold.
Love, I have read, is hot.
But hate is the verb that to me is superb,
And love but a drug on the mart.
Any kiddie in school can love like a fool,
But hating, my boy, is an art.
-Ogden Nash

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I can do is smile for you Forms and beuracracies can be hell, congrats on getting through it all to the ultimate goal YAY!
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!

I told you it would go just fine! I'm so glad it went well for you!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Yay Yay!
Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, ThisGuy!

Where'll you be going in the USA, by the way?

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just South of the Hot Air Factory.

Northern Virginia.

------------------
Sometimes I ask myself: "Self, what's life all about?"
But I never reply. I'm rude like that.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
=]
Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*big hug*

That's great ThisGuy! I hope you and your fiance have a great future together!

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy! Email me at Ladybug705@yahoo.com

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karina582
Neophyte
Member # 2181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karina582     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOVED YOUR STORY! A ThisGuy original--hehee...kinda reminded me of the time I went to the DMV for my drivers test. hehee..oh yah..and of course congradulations on the getting a visa! Finally getting to see your fiance! Any plans for the wedding yet? Wow! I hope you continue to update us! REALLY excited for you! yah!! Good Luck and have a safe trip!
Posts: 38 | From: Irvine, CA USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.