Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Do You Believe Them?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do You Believe Them?
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear it all over-"I had the BEST sex last night", or "Of course I gave him a blow job!" People are constantly talking about the sexual acts they've been involved in. What I wonder is, does anyone believe them?

Personally, I don't believe practically anything I hear. For example, if someone tells me "all their friends have had sex," I don't believe a word of it. I don't know if it's because I'm not a very trusting person, or because it just seems totally bogus, I can't seem to accept it.

Is it just me? Or do other people do this?

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some people like to be "naughty," and for them, part of that is making themself sound like they've added chapters to the kama sutra.

for me, i'm pretty discreet about what I've been doing. sure, i might wake up the next morning and think, "that was pretty good." but i'm not gonna be calling the SF Chronicle and telling them to stop the presses.

maybe it's my priorities. i think there's more interesting things to brag about than my sexual exploits.

------------------
Kill your TV! And while you're at it, your mobile phone, too.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in high school people tend to be very gossipy about that, so, no I don't believe most of what I hear. No one I know has ever said anything like "Of course I gave him a blow job!" but if so, I probably wouldn't think very highly of them...especiallyif I had reason to doubt them.

------------------
"it's like being hit in the head repeatedly with a sock full of quarter's" ~~Daria~~

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, I don't believe most of what people tell me either. It seems that people in my school tend to brag alot about stuff like that, but I doubt the truth to it sometimes. Besides, like lilnerd said, it wouldn't make me think very highly of them. I think they crave attention if they have to brag about their sexual acts- plus it kinda grosses me out.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
reading your post made me think of the blond girl in american beauty - you know, the one who says "of course i slept with him" about some director or something, but then turned out to be a virgin in the end. all i could think when i saw that was how i never knew anyone who said "of course i slept with him," and i never knew anyone who lied about how much sex they were having. yeah, guys might exaggerate a bit, but i believe pretty much all i hear. why would a girl lie about giving a guy a blow job? at my school, giving head to a guy like that usually just screws with her reputation and her self-esteem. i don't think lying about it would inflate anyone's ego. i dunno, maybe i'm more honest than most, but i've never lied about stuff like that, and i figure most people i know are probably pretty similar to me about things like that, you know?

em

------------------
Love is a word that is constantly heard
Hate is a word that is not.
Love, I am told, is more precious than gold.
Love, I have read, is hot.
But hate is the verb that to me is superb,
And love but a drug on the mart.
Any kiddie in school can love like a fool,
But hating, my boy, is an art.
-Ogden Nash

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to gape in awe when I heard such things from guys.

But after being with my bf and hearing the crap they spout, I realised it was all fake.

I and my guy do not actively talk about our sex life to the whole world. He's very shy. I only talk about it when I am asked. I honestly believe that the shy, quiet ones are having the best sex. Haha.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.