Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I'm being attacked by PIMPLES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm being attacked by PIMPLES
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooook, I know I've posted on here before about pimples and such..but they truly were not something I got often at all. I always considered myself to be pretty lucky because of that...until lately. I have been getting pimples by the hand-full (at the same time)...on my forehead (a couple on there, actually), on my nose, on my chin, in my ear, above my ear, everywhere! I don't know what's causing them..I don't eat many greasy foods, and I'm not doing anything different. Does anyone have *ANY* idea as to what's going on and how I can stop this?

------------------
"I do what my rice krispies tell me to do"

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well. Have you been touching your face a lot? When you sleep, do you sleep on your hand? Do you rest your chin in your hand? The oil on your hands tends to block pores. It could also be hormones. A shift of the winds, per se.

Try using a daily face wash. Just a gentle one. And keep hands off the face. That's what gets me.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could be a hormonal change as DarkChild said. That usually happens to me just before I get my period.

In the meantime, keep your hands off your face and wash your face with a fragrance free cleanser. Before you go to sleep, apply pimple cream or tea tree oil to the affected areas.

Try drinking more water and getting more sleep. If after some time, the pimples still don't clear, it might be wise to see a dermatologist.

Are you using a new cleanser or skincare product? Coz I tend to breakout when I switch cleansers.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emsily0
Activist
Member # 2059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emsily0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
stress! i get stress zits. they're the worst. i think it's a comnination of the stress itself and the sleep-deprivation which makes me too lazy to take care of my skin.
i also get zits right before my period. could it be that?

Posts: 786 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When your horomne levels fluctuate, it usually shows in your skin, and -- no big shock here -- during adolescence, your hormones are like a serious roller coaster.

Just use good skin sense in the meantime: don't use any makeup that can block your pores, wash with a gentle cleanser twice a day, drink enough water, get enough sleep, and if you want some nutritional support, be sure you take a multi-vitamin that has zinc and vitamins A and C in it.

You know, if it makes you feel any better, I never had even ONE pimple all through my teens. And I was very haughty about the whole thing...until I started getting them in my twenties. Ah, the powers of karma.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What everybody else said is really good advice. I just wanted to add that maybe pulling your hair back off your face before you go to bed might help too. Keeping your bangs, and the rest of your hair off your face will help with reducing the oiliness to a certain extent...or at least I've found that it works that way for me.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell."
~Joan Crawford

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.