Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Commercials

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Commercials
Rio
Activist
Member # 2072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering what everybody here thinks of feminine supply commercials.
Posts: 60 | From: near Indianapolis | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're pretty stupid.

How many girls sit around discussing pads with wings?

If I were female, I'd feel grumpy simply because the ads are so insulting to your intelligence.

But I do find it amusing that they use a blue liquid, instead of a red, lumpy one.

------------------
- Unprincipled hooligan.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ewwwwwww. Lol....Personally I dont give a hoot, ha.
I dont talk about wings and no wings with my friends. I dont even buy my pads, my dad does, I just tell him which kind to buy.

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually there's this one commercial that I thought was clever. I have no idea what company made it or if even shows outside the US but it's has this little red dot bouncing around black words. It'll have the word "date" and the little red dot bounces to the center of "date" and then the narrator says something like, "Even if your period comes in the middle of a date." Okay I know I totally butchered that. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Tampax has actually been coming up with some pretty creative, half-entertaining commercials.

But then there are those commercials where a woman will look right into the screen and say "Do you ever smell bad 'down there'? (winking) Well, I know I do! So I like to use ________, whenever it happens to me!"

Could you feel anymore embarrased or stupid? I get embarrased just watching them!

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's funny that they advertise that stuff on TV at all. I mean, I'm only 20, and I remember when you could hardly say "tampon" on TV. It's just funny when you realize how much the commercials have changed in the last 10 years. Like the fact that they also never used to advertise perscription drugs on TV, but now it's everywhere.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell."
~Joan Crawford

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha. You know what they are like in Singapore?

Bsically a beautiful young girl prances around wearing all white and jumps and jumps and rolls. Then it goes "No leakage however you move."

And they are ALL the same. Goodness me. Or else, it shows a girl in the bed rolling around like nobody's business and it goes "No matter how you turn or roll in your sleep, --- ensures that you will wake up safe and dry the next morning."

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisyluv
Activist
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok this is a breast cancer awareness commerial but I just had to meantion it.

The Let Cam Do Your Breast Exam one.
I think it is so funny espeically when they show the call takers at the end. I love how they got their point across without having to reel a bunch of scary stats to scare women into doing it.
Though I remember watching a news program where there was a bunch of females that were offended by it. hmmmm...

:

------------------
*~ Daisy ~*
"It's 8am and today I wanna save the world.
.....I'll start from my bed."

Posts: 123 | From: My House, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh, i love the Cam Breast Exam commercial! i about died laughing!!!

check it out at http://www.adcritic.com

i think i posted the url here once.

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eclipse
Activist
Member # 2254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! What an awesome ad--thanks!

I never liked tampon ads... pretty women running around on the beach and riding horses and stuff.. and hehe, yeah, clear blue liquid... really accurate. Fortunately, I don't watch TV any more. I do talk about menstruation with my friends ocassionally, but I can't recall ever discussing pads or tampons (I actually use a rubber cup, available at www.keeper.com, and I really like it).

Posts: 257 | From: Sarasota, FL | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that if I ever found blue fluid in my underwear I'd probably freak out, but the ad-women seem able to take it in stride. http://www.mum.org has got some great ads - including ones for deodorants ('When I don't feel so fresh down there I use toxic chemicals to remedy the problem!'). Still, I love older ads. We've got some magazines from the forties and seventies where I'm not even sure what they're advertising, just that it's an Intimate Female Product.

BTW, Eclipse, I use and love the Keeper too.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish they'd stop showing them, quite honestly. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not swayed by what the ads say.. if I see something new if the shopping aisle, I'll give it a go. I know my brand, I use that same thing monthly..

It seems so unnecessary!

entropie

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.