Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » The doctors say I have 6 months to a year to live

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The doctors say I have 6 months to a year to live
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the doctors a week ago to get tested just for rutine stuff. and they asked me if i had any concerns, i did. i told them that i got black outs almost every. they told me it might be a good idea to get a cat scan because cancer runs in my family. so i whnt in for a cat scan and i got the results back today. i have an abnormal groth in my brain, aka a tumor, meening cancer. it has grown so much that they cant do anything but wait. and chemo isnt an option. but u know what? im not scared to die. i think it'll be just another great adventure. and there isnt anything that i regret or that im going to change about myself b/c i love my life how it is. but i now the one memory i will carry with me always. once at a semi-formal that i whent to with my BF he got up on stage and requested a song for me, thinking he was sweet i got to my feet and blew him a big kiss the song he asked to be played was "bye, bye bye" - he was brakeing up with me after the song was over i (being the quick witted redhead that i am) i also requested a song and lip sinked the WHOLE thing just to him "ALL THE SMALL THINGS" man that was a fun night, love and good luck to u all. and i hope u never have to go through telling ur friends ur dying,
katelin

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wuwuwuwu1
Activist
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wuwuwuwu1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How old are you?
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in complete shock.

Not that I don't believe you, but. Really?

I don't want to say I'm sorry, because you obviously don't want any sorrow. I guess all I have to say is good luck, wherever you go. We'll miss you.

And your ex deserved that .

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're all terribly sorry to hear that. If there is anything, anything at all, that I can do, please let me know. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell."
~Joan Crawford

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* I'm sending loads of positive energy your way, dearie.

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweetheart my eyes are watering just reading your post.

I really can't believe this. I don't usually pray but I will pray for you every single night.

I am glad you are taking such a positive attitude and I jsut want you to know we are here for you. Every step of the way.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My eyes are also doing what Lin's are.

Honey, please ask for any support that you need here during all of this. Any of us will be happy to do what we can.

A candle will get lit here for you at my house for some time.

Big hugs,

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
troublemaka......

Sending some positive energy your way and will light another candle for you over here.

*huggles*

'Laska

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck - and remember: the fight is not over til its over.

------------------
Friends don't let friends use pathetic Microsoft OO languages.

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Just A Girl*
Neophyte
Member # 2293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Just A Girl*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow,sending lots of love your way.
Posts: 8 | From: Virginia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrayolaChica12
Neophyte
Member # 2393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrayolaChica12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry to hear about that. I know that this might not help, but i work on the weekends at a senior citizens home, and alot of them have limits on their lives, or so their doctors say. don't worry. you will decide when itz your time. until then, have fun. a lady name lorraine has been at the home as long as i have worked there ( 2 years ) when i got there, we had a 'going away' party because she was told she had less than a few months to live. she's still there!
and if you ever need to talk, im here! ive been through cancer myself, and my mom and brother.
flutterby1286@aol.com

Posts: 13 | From: Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Confused boy
Activist
Member # 1964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Confused boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would take what the doctors say as definite. U could live a lot longer than that. Also I recently heardabout herbal medicine. In general people dont give it much credence but I've heard that they can remarkable effects on tumours. They can slow down their growth and even stop them indefinately. And of course they dont have any side effects at all so there is no harm in trying them.
Posts: 711 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I wish the bestest luck. I send all my love to you, your family, and friends. I'll to have a candle lit for you in my room.

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid! :)

"No one can stop you from who you love and the one love is who you love."

"Never frown because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile."

Watch out! I'm a awful speller. *hehe*

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whew. that sucks! I couldn't imagine being told that. How old are you again? Oy any age i suppose is too young to die at least while your alive do some kewl stuff that you've never done. that should be awesome. you don't wanna go without having done anything right? oh. stupid me always looking at the unparallel sid of things.

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to send out good thoughts to you. I don't know what to say. I do know a guy who the doctors gave 6 months to live with a tumor and he's still alive 2 years later. I'm not saying that that happens to everyone, but doctors aren't always right. Regardless just try to enjoy life as much as is possible. Lots of positive energy going out to you.
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for troublemaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey thanks for all ur support, not to be rude, but i dont need it. just one little lesson for all of u, take nothing for granted and make every count or, at least do something u would never think of doing or havent done before everyday, believe me u'll never regret it in the long run. That is how i've have always lived my life and i love it and my life is not over yet, and i dont think it will every be over, i have always loved acting and this is will be my farewell profomence! lol but if u want to help me just keep treating me like everyone else.
LOVE
Katelin
oh yeah for thoses of u who asked, Im 15.
------------------
Deffintion of "Tube top"- an elastic basket to hold the peaches. -SNL Cheri O'Teri-

[This message has been edited by troublemaka (edited 01-18-2001).]

Posts: 92 | From: Somewere over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyAngel84
Activist
Member # 233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyAngel84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GOODLUCK!!! it seems as if you're satisfyed with how life has gone and u've fullfilled everthing you wanted to during these 15 yr's.....so i guess there is nothing to regret. Oh and good choice in song to get back at ur ex with!!!

------------------
* No man/woman is worth your tears and the
only one who is, will never make you cry.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
If you love someone, put their name in a
circle, instead of a heart, because hearts can break,
but circles go on forever.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen
to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't
say.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
If all my friends were to jump off a
bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the
bottom to catch them.*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 161 | From: Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wuwuwuwu1
Activist
Member # 101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wuwuwuwu1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Only 15?! So young... *sniff*. How unfair. Ay...I'm at a loss for words.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like you don't want any sympathy, but I'm so sorry to hear that. It's so sad for people so young to get news like that. I'll pray for you too, and I hope you make the most of what time you have left. Besides, the docters aren't always right- you may end up living alot longer than they thought. It's also very inspirational that you are happy with your life and that you aren't going to waste your time being upset about it.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
"We have to pause and ask ourselves: how much clean air do we need?"~ Lee Iococca
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter Princess
Activist
Member # 995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter Princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you dont want to hear this, but i truely am sorry. Just continue with the attitude that you have, I think thats awesome

------------------

"No day but today,"-RENT

RIP Jonathan Larson

Posts: 70 | From: a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phsygnosis
Activist
Member # 2226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phsygnosis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My eyes are watering too. I will prey for you. Positive energy towards you. Good luck now and in your next life. We will always remember you.

-Phsygnosis

Posts: 88 | From: Canton, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Yo, Phsygnosis, im not dead yet! and i dont think i will for awhile, i got high hopes.
-Katelin

------------------
Deffintion of "Tube top"- an elastic basket to hold the peaches. -SNL Cheri O'Teri-

Amethyst
Neophyte
Member # 2421

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amethyst     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by troublemaka:
Yo, Phsygnosis, im not dead yet! and i dont think i will for awhile, i got high hopes.
-Katelin

First I was crying but now laughing You are truely an amazing person and an ispiration to us all! I haven't been to this site in such a long time (so long in fact that I forgot my password to my old name hehe) but am glad I decided to pop in tonight. Just hearing your story has given me a new sense of hope! More prayers being sent your way...

~Tiffany

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
troublemaka
Activist
Member # 543

Thanks Tiffany, but the only reason that i MIGHT be an inspration to u all is b/c i know what the serect of life is: DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT THE SO CALLED SERECT OF LIFE IS, AND JUST LIVE YOUR LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
-Katelin
Please, im begging u all, live live everyday likes it ur last, you'll never regret it!

------------------

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I'd want all the sympathy either. I just wanted to let you know that you have a really good outlook on life. It's great! I try to believe that there are positive things in everything. I think you should too, if you don't already.

------------------
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."
--Carrie Snow

"A mistake is simply another way of doing things."
--Katharine Graham

The best website ever: www.evilrobots.com (I am related to the founder!)

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treehuggin_Hippeeechick*~
Activist
Member # 1476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Treehuggin_Hippeeechick*~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm really in awe of how courageous you are.
but one thing -don't assume that the doctors are entiely correct, as brain tumors are really difficult to predict. my dad outlived their predictions for several years, and filled those few years wityh positivity and love. my love goes out to u and ur family, and you ought to be so proud of how brave and positive you are

------------------
~*smiles are kisses for the soul*~ ;)

Posts: 50 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beautiful_teardrop
Neophyte
Member # 2517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beautiful_teardrop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not gonna give youm sympathy, because it seems like you have lived a great life, and this is ocrny, but I do believe in an after life.

However, I'm sure you are scared, I know I would be.

I have a story to tell you:

When I was 3 years old, my father had heart surgery. Although I was still young, to young to really understand death, I did have some clue what was going on.
That day in school seemed totally normal to me, but I didn't know how hellish the day had been for mom, until she picked me up in the middle of the day t school and as gently as possible told me that the doctors had ordered her to pick her children up from school, and 'say goodbye to their father'. Well, I didn't understand this well, but I knew it was bad. My sister did understand though, she was lder, and like a role model to me. SO when she broke down and cried, I did too.
Of course, my brother was still a young baby who didn't understand, so he just looked up with those big blue baby eyes. I don't know if he had any idea what was going on too, but he also started to cry.

Well, that was 10 years ago, and I love my father very much. He is still alive and very healthy, despite the doctors, who told him that he had a 0% chance of living another year.

I often ask him if he is afraid of dying, and he said he isn't, and as soon as he found God in his life, he never was.

He is very smart, he knows that death is a new beginning, not an ending. He knows that when you do die, you go to a better place.

I am telling you this story for two reasons, firstly, I want you to know that wherever you go in life, you are always with the ones you love, and secondly, never give up hope. Fight till the end, and i know you can make it. I will pray for you tonight.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tas
Neophyte
Member # 2547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a great novel character said:
"Death is only the next great adventure."
-Tasslehof Burrfoot
(TsR, DragonLance series, Chronicals volume one or two)
A great book that gave me a difrent aspect on life(somehow).

You are great people
from
Tas

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink*Monkies*Rule
Neophyte
Member # 2588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink*Monkies*Rule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well...i'm really sorry to hear that, and I hope that you enjoy the rest of your life as much and even more then you did before you fond this out, Good Luck!
Posts: 1 | From: Onatario | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marionnette13
Neophyte
Member # 2678

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marionnette13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I want to say is that I hope that when i die I have the same sense of completion in my life that you have. I honestly respect you for that quality, and Im glad that you dont simply mope around about it. Even though death is inevitable, and i know that I will die as well, I dont think that I would be able to approach it the same way that you do. I know that you said you dont know why you should be admired, but its rare to find someone like you, and you should be proud of yourself. I know that I will pray not only for you, but for everyone in the world in your situation. Good luck and may god bless you.

------------------
Marionnette

Posts: 10 | From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~HellsLittle┼ngel~
Neophyte
Member # 2718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~HellsLittle┼ngel~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to here this and I think its kinda cool that your so relaxed about it. Good luck in whatever happens

------------------
~When hell is full, the dead will walk the earth~

Posts: 12 | From: Land Of Fire | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a little morbid to be commenting on this now as you are probably dead. But are you? It could be possible to outlive the expectations this much. But I guess I am writing to a ghost, morbid.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 864 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.