Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Hickies!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hickies!
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fuzzhead29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bounced out of bed Tuesday morning and into the shower. I then cheerfully bounded into my room, started getting dressed-and stopped short. In case you couldn't tell from the title, I had a hickey. It wasn't a huge, red, welt-looking thing like in the movies, but it was still noticeable- at least to me. I ran to the bus stop, and from a block away started screaming, "Gilly!!!!! Gilly!!!!" She thought I was nuts. I finally reached the corner and said breathlessly, "Is this a hickey?" I pulled aside the collar of my sweater and showed her the small pink mark just under my collarbone. Her response? Laughing. It's been 3 days, and I still have it! My sweaters cover it up pretty well, but I'm terribly paranoid around my house, because my parents know that I DON'T have a birthmark there, or didn't hit myself there, or whatever excuse I can come up with for whoever has noticed. And that is the story of my first hickey.

Anyone else have a hickey story?

Posts: 50 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a guy i had quite the crush on, and subsequently dated (what a fiasco!) once showed up to lunch at the dining hall, and my roommate pointed out, "oh my gawd! he's got a hickey."

this boy was particularly shy and reserved, and i hadn't figured him to be "that sort" of guy, y'know? i was pretty floored. i was really prudent at the time. in fact, it kinda of changed my opinion of him -- i lost a little respect for him.

since he was a nerd, a lot of people picked on him for having this giant hickey on his neck. and he got in trouble with the RA.

Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You lost respect for him because someone sucked on his neck? And what does "that kind" of person mean anyway?

I'm sorry, Gummygirl, but color me lost. For the life of me I can't figure why knowing someone had someone else sucking on the neck makes them less worthy of respect.

Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phsygnosis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend is a redhead and her skin is as white as a ghost. So when I was lightly sucking on her neck she got one and it wouldn't go away for the longest time and she had to wear turtle necks for like a week. I found it pretty funny but she was kinda of mad at me but she loves me though!
Posts: 88 | From: Canton, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok my latest one
this is funny
my boyfriend came over during the night and we were fooling around. Well in the morning he left and I got ready for school. I got there and a friend on spare with me looks at me and starts laughing. She points out my hicky. and guess what? I didn't bring makeup to school so everyone noticed. And to top it all off I had concert that night where I had to sing and the hicky side of my neck was facing the audience (but thankfully there was makeup on it)
what made it even better was that most people thought it was from some guy at school and that I was cheating on my boyfriend, yeah sure I needed that at school where his sister goes and his dad teaches.
it was so embarressing but now its funny

*~ Daisy ~*
"I wanna save the world piece by piece. I'll start from my bed"

Posts: 123 | From: My House, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'rin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
came home thanksgiving break freshman year, first time i'd seen most of my family since august. with a hickey. they mostly ignored it, after my dad had made sure it was from a "steady boyfriend and not just some guy who you had do that to bug me". untill in the middle of a crowded restauraunt my youngest step brother (about 6) screamed "CORINNE HAS A HICKEY!!!!". i crawled under the table. didn't want to come out.

"-and i hope i'm not shooting my mouth off...again...and i pray i'm not tempting the fates....."
-james, off millionaires

Posts: 219 | From: lost in yonkers | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Miz S: 'cause I didn't think the same way back then. I was really really prudent and conservative (oh no! I used the C word!). And I didn't have him pinned as "that sort of guy." If it would have happened last week, or I would have known then what i know now, I would have thought nothing of it.

Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get hickeys really easily, so I'm really cautious about where I let guys suck on my neck. My ex-boyfriend (he was a jerk, he really was) accused me of cheating once because of a hickey, he said he didn't suck hard enough for me to get it.

I never know what to do when I get one. Make-up doesn't cover mine and I hate turtle necks. I try to rely on my hair for cover-up, and avoid my parents during the time I have one. Scarfs work good too, especially now that it's winter (for most of us here at least).

}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goodness I can't stand them. I think they are really ugly. But that's just me. Coz they are impossible to cover up. Even if I use concealer, it's like my hickey is absorbing the concealer and I have to touch up every hour.

Plus everyone looks at me like I am some kind of slut. Real pain in the rear.

Well I know alot of girls who had their bfs give them hickey necklaces. So they had small hickeys around their whole neck.

Plus my friend told me this story of when she was in Secondary School, the residents called the school coz there was this couple making out under the block of flats. So out came like 5 teachers who chased them around the estate shouting "Stop, Stop running" all the time.

Well they got caught and were told to give a public apology in front of the whole school.

The guy's went "I so and so am sorry for making out with my gf in public and giving her love bites (hickeys)."

The girl's went "I so and so am sorry for making out with my bf and letting him give me love bites."

Geez. I nearly fainted when I heard that.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what a coincidence that i have a hickey right now...

anyways, i get hickeys REALLY fast (cuz i bruise easily). my boyfriend knew i was in a bad mood yesterday so he held me down and gave me one. he knows it makes me laugh cuz of how quick i get them.

**Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted**

JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, I went bra-shopping with a very observant but not always very experienced friend, and was getting undressed to try something on when I realised she was staring at my chest -- I had lots of little scratch marks there. It took some time to convince her that it wasn't my partner being kinky, just his Siamese cat getting spooked (she's so pretty, but so dumb) that had caused them.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I have one, (a story that is) I was at the movies with my boyfriend, and he started to suck on my neck, I mean not sucking to give me a hickie, cuz I told him not to. But he kept doing it, and I didnt think he was sucking on it long enough to leave marks, since he was going all around my neck. It felt sooo good! But BOY WAS I WRONG when I went into the ladies room and I looked in the mirror and there was this HUGE hicky all around my neck! HUGE!! I had a time keeping that one away from my parents! My whole neck was red! But that was when we first started going out, now personally Im not to worried about it, but I rather not walk around with one on my neck!

"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

[This message has been edited by glitter695 (edited 01-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by glitter695 (edited 01-07-2001).]

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2299

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crusher165     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hicky's? now i have an interesting look on the whole thing, probably cause i don't bruise easily. a really good guy friend(no not going out) and i were making out in his bedroom. my bra was gone and my shirt wasn't covering much, so he decided to give me a hicky. or at least he tried he sucked under my breast for like ten min, and when he was done he was like "i gave you a hicky but i don't think it's gonna stay" he was right it didn't. i was disapointed but it's kinda funny cause all you girl's stayed but he sucked on me for so long and that didn't even stay

~i never knew u
but your action effected
my life
in uncomprensible ways
an expanding ripple
u were hurting
so u struck out, angry
so young
so much agression
ruining not only your family's life,
but tramitizing you friends
and destroying your own
u had your whole life before u
a miracle in the making
but who knew what u'd do?
seing as...
i never knew you

Posts: 36 | From: i'll tell you when i get there! ;b | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.