Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What Should I Do??

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Should I Do??
Member # 2226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phsygnosis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My mom and Dad are getting a separation and they keep on fighting. My girlfriend acts as if she is not interested in me any more. I just got my ear pierced and it hurts! (Sorry I just had to put that in because it amused me!) Do you guys have any idea on what I could do to take my mind off of it. I know this may sound bad but I am more sad about my girlfriend than I am about my parents. I know thats bad. I just think it hasn't hit me yet just as Smurfie said.


Posts: 88 | From: Canton, Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Hug* *Wishing for something a little more original....*

Rent a comedy movie, get a whole lotta popcorn, and chill out. Read a good book. Go for a long walk. Take a long, hot bath. And do this all by yourself. You probably should be alone for a while-just to gather yourself and relax. Then, after you feel good again, do all of the above with your friends (minus the bath, though ). And it always helps to get out your problems- either to a friend, diary, mentor, etc. Good Luck Hon!

Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About your gf, I suggest you talk to her and ask her what is going on. Maybe you are being too sensitive but you will never really know till you talk to her right?

About your parents, I think they should sit down and talk calmly too. Tell them that their shouting and fighting is affecting you and hurting you. And you would much prefer it if they could just sit down and work out any problems they might have.

Don't worry. YOu are not a bad person for caring more about your gf than you parents. Maybe it is coz you know what's going on with your parents is a done deal whereas you and you gf still can work things out. Whatever it is, gd luck and all the best.

Psst, I'm going to get my belly button periced and I am totally freaking out. Have a really low pain threshold.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrayolaChica12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i feel for ya man!

when my parents got divorced, i just wanted to be alone. i spent alot of time doing stuff that i loved, painting and dancing. i got involved a lot with school also. get involved in something challenging or fun and it will help

i wish you luck

Posts: 13 | From: Elk Grove Village, Illinois, United States | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3