Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Mood swings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mood swings
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for live4travel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey does anybody ever have a problem with mood swings? Besides like being on drugs..? I know girls tend to do it a lot, but what about the guys? I know it happens to me a lot, like tonight I'm just like really depressed, right after I got back from a good party with my youth group! I just BAM got depressed and started feeling worthless and unloved. It feels so terrible I hate it. I just wish there was somebody I could hold..a girl I mean. I feel really bummed out. Well, so what about all of you? Do you have a lot of mood swings? or just mood swings every now and then like me?

------------------
"The elections' like a box of choclates, You never know who your gonna get"
-The Mirror

Posts: 116 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it helps, I feel like that every month. One week before my period, bam, that feeling of being unloved and unworthy comes.

I guess it is a hormonal thing for me because I am usually very happy and cheery. I deal with it by eating lots of chocolate and junk food, having a good cry and reading. Reading lots of trashy novels.

Has anything happened recently to make you feel this way? Yea, I know what you mean about having someone to hold. for me, its to have someone to scream at. My poor bf always gets it. It's fine having mood swings but be careful, if you don't deal with it carefully it could develop into depression. I have seen friends who just get into these weird moods and wallow in them.

Gd luck and in the meantime, chocolate really helps. It really makes me happy.

------------------
When a poor person dies of hunger, it has not happened because God did not take care of him or her.
It has happened because neither you nor I wanted to give that person what he or she needed.

Mother Teresa

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unhappykoger
Activist
Member # 1514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unhappykoger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have the worst mood swings than anyone i hae ever met!!! i dont have them when most people do. not one before or after my period not on drugs of any kind. i have them for no reason. one minute i am happy the next minute im about to rip your head off(to put it lightly) i am always being called a bitch because of it. i do this like 5 or 6 times a day at least. i dont know why but i wish they would go away.

------------------
fairykoger@hotmail.com

http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/koger

Posts: 365 | From: dayton,ohio,u.s.a. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Icon 1 posted      Profile for live4travel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah I knew girls would, b/c it's that pms thing. but yeah..That would MAJORLY suck. I don't know. I have it off and on. It will come in REALLY fast though and then I just keep getting down. And Lin, I have had depression. From my mood swings. I was wrong a little too, it kind of lasted till this morning. I woke up, and then found out that I had school, and I didn't have my homework done. Not much of it at all. I just had all this rage build up in me and just DID NOT want to go to school. I skipped my first period working on a project for science that's due tomorrow. My band director wasn't very happy when I came and told him, he emailed the teacher of the room I was in. But like I was not in any mood to work or anything anyway. Second period, (spanish) I tried sleeping, but the teacher told me not too, and I was just invisioning all this bad stuff, of me beating up the people in the room if they said a word to me, even though they'd probably kick my butt. Finally I was like, okay enough of that, and started working on this poem. I'm really good at poetry, especially when I get in my different, dwelling moods. But I basically wrote down all my anger onto paper. By the end of the poem I was happy with what I wrote, but like if anybody tried talking to me while I wrote it I'd just Glare at them with this VERY P*SSED off look. But after my poem, I was talking again, not swearing. lol and then later I started working on a happy poem. I'll post my new poem in THE VILLAGE PEOPLE tonight probably. Or sometime soon. Just not right now, cause I have to work on the homework I never finished! that was due for today. I'll be typing something similar to this in the village people later too, since it's my online diary thingy.

Josh

------------------
-The Mirror

Posts: 116 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm moody. i know i'm moody. i feel bad for boyfriend 'cause he's the one who has to put up with me when i'm moody (most people don't notice it). i feel like i take out my negativity on him sometimes. i don't mean to.

but what i really dislike about it is i go sour suddenly, he'll ask, "is it pms?" and i'll snap at him. it's not pms. i don't like my foul moods being blamed on pms.

------------------
Someday, I will have a sexy car...a very...sexy...car!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just something to think about, Josh -- not all women get mood swings. Or PMS. We really don't. I didn't have either one for many, many years, and only began getting premenstrual symptoms when I was put on medication to regulate a problem with my ovaries. I still rarely have mood swings, and they're usually more related to my circumstances and what's going on in my life than they are to what point I'm at in my menstrual cycle.

MANY women would find it pretty offensive to have a guy assume that they reason behind a mood swing was PMS, or even to assume that all women get PMS or mood swings! It'd be kind of like assuming that all guys get super stupid when they get erections, because all the blood is rushing away from their heads. It just doesn't work that way.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fuzzhead29
Activist
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fuzzhead29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have depression too, niceguy. Usually I'm pretty ok all day, then I have Math at the end of the day, and I feel so horrible all day after that. Then I feel bad for feeling so horrible. Then I feel all right, for no particular reason. Then I feel horrible again for something. I really hate it too.....I also wish it would go away. It's probably just a teenage thing tho; it'll go away in a few years. Hopefully.

------------------
"If you obey all the
rules you miss all the fun."
-Katherine Hepburn

"What if you slept, and
what if in your sleep you dreamed
and what if in your dreams you went
to heaven and there you plucked a
strange and beautiful flower, and
what if when you awoke you had the
flower in your hand? Ah, what then?"
-Samuel T. Coleridge

Posts: 50 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm moody sometimes and I know it. I think everybody gets that way once in a while. It used to be worse for me, but then I started taking an herbal mood balancer, and that seemed to help alot. Moody-ness just kinda happens sometimes I think. That and those days when you just feel completely unbalanced all day. I guess it just makes life less boring!

~KittenGoddess

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Oh sorry ladies, I wasn't aware of that, I thought all girls got PMS'y Cause I know so many that do. Well I'm doing okay now. I know EXACTLY how you feel fuzz! That happens to me quite often. If I don't get the math, it starts to frustrate me and then it goes to my head. And for the rest of the day I'm really hyper and stressed and just not in a good mood. I have math 4th period now, it used to be 2nd period! It kind of stinks, but now I actually understand what I'm doing so I don't have as many problems and I'm actually getting my stuff done. Well I gotta finish getting ready for school. Talk to you later.

Josh

------------------
-The Mirror

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One little comment: psychotropic medications (like Prozac or Ritalin) can in many cases -- especially in adolescents -- make things worse, not better.

If you're on them, or have a doctor or therapist who is inclined to keep medicating them, I can't advise enough that you get a new doctor or therapist who gives a little more thought to the effects of these medications.

Posts: 67973 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoRoseXo
Activist
Member # 605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoRoseXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UnhappyKoger I feel the same was as U do me and my boyfriend will just be sitting there and he will just touch my arm and ill go off on him ten like 10 min later im totally fine he is kinda used to it now but not in the beggening it was bad...Now he knows once he touches me or just says somehting to just back away....I get mad for nooooooo reason sometimes like my boyfriend will say something that isnt even bad like he will either make fun of me just do something to erratate me a lil and ill be in a bad mood for a while it is really weird my mom has noticed it 2.....well just to let u know unhappykrogr ur not the only one!!
Posts: 59 | From: indian trail | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fuzzhead29
Activist
Member # 532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fuzzhead29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, Josh- Want to hear bad math story? Not only are my teacher and I in a kind of cold war- we haven't fought yet, but we will, I feel it- my class is ALL freshmen. With computer brains. And they're snotty. Plus I hate math. As you could tell.

-Beth

Posts: 50 | From: New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

yeah that would suck a big one. I've gotten so mad during math that I walked out, but it was b/c I was feeling REALLY weird, and I was just LOSING it completely. I was picturing jesus on the cross and stuff like that. I had just went to a christian concert the night before where I got really freaked, but I was reliving it in my head and so finally I just left the room. I've done it before too. Like last year. I didn't get a long with my group members at all, they were like you don't have a life and all this crap. Really ticked me off.well I gotta go!

Josh

P.s Come check out one of my poems at Village people!

------------------
-The Mirror

StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yay, mood swings. I have them a lot. My predictable mood swings occur about a week before my period (at least I know they're coming). I will be fine, then suddenly, the teeniest thing will make me want to scream. And I always cry the day I get my period, about anything too, usually silly things.

I get non-hormonal related mood swings too. Right now I've been feeling sort of down. I know I'm done with college until January, so the sudden shift in schedule....being bored, working more, not being able to see my boyfriend everyday, pulls me down. My mood swings aren't all that bad anymore, I've learned to control them, and if I'm feeling angry or sad I make myself some tea and stick by myself until I'm feeling better. Oh and Lin is right, chocolate does help.....warms the heart.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
live4travel
Activist
Member # 1772

Hey when I was writing that first post, I ate almost a whole bag of candy, so I'm not so sure about the candy thing. it was choclate too. well I'm gonna go now so later..Hey my topic might just go HOT! yeah! hehe
Sourgirl1986
Activist
Member # 2795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sourgirl1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean... of course, I am a girl... but I have HORRIBLE mood swings all the time... I will be happy one day, and then someone will say something little that is upsetting.. and I just lose it! Sometimes I feel so pretty and loved, then the next minute, I am looking at my life and realizing what a loser I am... it's a horrible feeling, but I just can't seem to get out of this dark place that I am in.

------------------
~*~*Sourgirl*~*~

"I would like to get away from Earth awhile and then come back and begin all over."-Robert Frost, from the poem "Birches"

Posts: 43 | From: OK USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.