Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Phobias (fears) (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Phobias (fears)
MaddieK
Neophyte
Member # 16804

Icon 13 posted      Profile for MaddieK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have caulrophobia (which isn't on the list). that means i'm afraid of clowns. I don't know why, it's not very fun, but there ya go. they creep me out in a major way.

------------------
We could all take a lesson from crayons: Some are sharp, some are beautiful, some have weird names, all are different colors; but they all have to learn to live in the same box.

Posts: 3 | From: K-Town, Tennessee | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bookworm2005
Neophyte
Member # 16786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bookworm2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really afraid of snakes, and my psych teacher knows this. We were doing an experiment on desensitization, which gradually reduces your fears by exposing you to the thing that you fear a little at a time. He told me that he had a snake hiding in a box (it's name was "Mr. Wiggles") and that he wanted me to pet the snake. He pulled it out, and it turned out to be fake, but I freaked out anyway.
I'm also afraid of heights, spiders, and I'm not too fond of circuses.

Posts: 13 | From: NJ, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bxLADIE
Activist
Member # 17091

Icon 4 posted      Profile for bxLADIE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
one of my FOOLISH fearS are snakes!
im also affraid of getting hurt im not affraid of death because if you are affraid to live you are affraid to die! why be affraid ? you only live once!!
~BUT MY GREATEST FEAR IS...
ok my boyfriend means the world to me and it's like he's constantly in the hospital for multiple reasons i do not kno what i could or would do w/o him it's like he's a major part of my life he's a perfect person at times i reminisse about the time we spend together and other times just think what i did i do to find him? It's like omg.. im crazy about him! In 12 days it will be nine months and he's my best friend he's always been there for me whenever i need him we have been through alot together! BUT EVERY NITE i cry just wishing he was ther next to me so i could hold him next to me so he could never leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
~Cj*

Posts: 67 | From: newyork | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlove2004
Neophyte
Member # 13782

Icon 7 posted      Profile for jlove2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I know it sounds crazy but I am afraid of clowns. Ever since I saw that movie IT, I just don't like them anymore. They are suppose to be good, and make people laugh but i don't like them.

I am also afraid of the dark. Whenever I see like a shadow or something it just scares me. I get this rush that just makes me want to run and scream. I don't know what it is.

------------------

Posts: 5 | From: Rowland, NC USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anamiasongbird
Neophyte
Member # 17314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anamiasongbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am afraid of three things..and I will put them in order:

1. I have a tie...The Scale/weight gain and spiders
2. Abandonement

The first two scare me more than anything in all the world.

------------------
Love always,
~*KeLLe*~
xoxo

Posts: 8 | From: Lake City, MI, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
15_F_TranceIsGood
Neophyte
Member # 17676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 15_F_TranceIsGood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
addiction to drugs...there to good..exspecially MDMA
Posts: 3 | From: Australia, NSW | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They might be, but talking about illegal activities (like taking drugs) isn't okay here, especially in any sense that might be seen as promoting such things. Just an FYI.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

Everything's been sold to others' revolutions

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bubblex
Activist
Member # 17452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bubblex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a fear of needles, sharks in swimming pools and the ocean trying to eat me, getting an std, and getting pregant.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nmcowgirl87
Activist
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nmcowgirl87     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It scares me to death when someone reaches out to touch or grab me suddenly. It kills me to even think about it, let alone put it on a board for the whole world to see, but I was raped three years ago by someone I knew and trusted. He literally grabbed me off my horse, dislocating my shoulder in the process, and ever since I completely freak out when someone grabs me. Other than that, I'm totally over it.

On the lighter side, I'm terrified of having to clean out the sink strainer. I have no clue why, but I am. I hate our garbage disposal, so that may be part of it, LOL

------------------
Ride it like you stole it!

Posts: 64 | From: Carlsbad, NM USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mathsux
Neophyte
Member # 18130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mathsux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
drowning reeeeeally bothers me. seeing other ppl drown that is, i still like to swim and stuff

Posts: 8 | From: canda | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molly_Macabre
Neophyte
Member # 18137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molly_Macabre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My main fear is ghosts. Ghosts scare me. As creepy as I am, I cannot stand the thought of ghosts. I cross every corner in my house with a balled fist, I've gotten into the habit of having my sword at the comouter table with me at night. (I dont know what good a sword will do against an apparition, but if the shining bath tub lady comes at me I will either wet myself or start chopping her up. I've never seen that movie, but I know about it, and just the thought alone has made me terrified of hotels and bathrooms. o____________O))
Posts: 7 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelMel15
Neophyte
Member # 17004

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelMel15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid of needles/shots... I tend to freak out insanely whenever I need to get something done at the doctor involving needles.

I'm also afraid of escalators, as silly as it may sound. I feel down them a bunch of times as a kid, and I just have a really hard time using them now. I'm not afraid of heights or anything, just escalators.

I'm also afraid of being seen nude, or being raped. I suppose that's normal, but I find it to be a pretty intense fear sometimes. =/

Posts: 9 | From: California, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BiLLaBaBy017
Activist
Member # 6514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BiLLaBaBy017     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agoraphobic- open places, large crowds
Arachnaphobic- spiders
Hypsiphobia- heights
Taphaphobia- being buried alive
Thanatophobia- death, dying

I've been Arachnaphobic since I was little, Sociophobic for about 8 years, and I found out that I was Agoraphobic 2 years ago. I guess I had been Agoraphobic since I was about 8 or so. Heights and death is pretty self explanatory, and being buried alive is a nightmare I always have. I've had it for about 5 years. That's why I TRY to have a good day I also have a fear of being raped.

Do I sound crazy for having all these phobias?

I think I handle all of my phobias pretty well tho.

------------------
--B--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is mystery
Today is a gift

Posts: 294 | From: Minneapolis | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anarchy_and_headbanging
Neophyte
Member # 18571

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anarchy_and_headbanging     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a serious fear of fear! don't laugh i'm totally afraid of being afraid.
Posts: 4 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sexythang7
Neophyte
Member # 18650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sexythang7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid of being raped, getting lost, large crowds, spiders, sometimes the dark, clowns, and dying. Oh yeah, and sometimes heights.

------------------
Save a horse, ride a cowboy!

Posts: 10 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver1381
Activist
Member # 18771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver1381     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid of any flying bug that can potentialy sting me, clowns(they creep me out because they always follow me around at carnivals,) and driving over a bridge or overpass that's over water. I would like to note that I am not afraid of going over bridges when someone else is driving and I'm a passenger. It's kind of strange because you might tend to think it would be the other way around and I would be fine when I'm doing the actual driving. I'm just afraid the car is going to wreck and flip over the side of the bridge and then I'd be trapped inside of the car under water. Does anyone else have this fear?
Posts: 123 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Queer Kat
Neophyte
Member # 19168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Queer Kat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm also scared of the dark to the point that I sleep with my lamp on and I always have to have the loungeroom light on if I stay up at night. I'm also socially phobic to the point that I don't like to meet new people except if it is my mum's freinds or my dad's friends or my sister's friends. I started a topic in the Village People section and I mentioned that I was nervous and a bit scared, and I was shaking alot. I stumble on my words when meeting someone face to face, but online I'm ok.
Posts: 13 | From: Australia, Sydney | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plumerias
Neophyte
Member # 19214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plumerias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My fears:

hypsiphobia, hypsophobia - heights
I am deathly afraid of heights. For some reason when I'm high up and I look down, I feel unsteady like I'm about to fall off. You should have seen me atop the CN Tower near the glass floor tiles - nervous wreck.

hadephobia - hell
Being brought up Roman Catholic, my mom always made sure to tell me stories about how committing sins would get me sent straight to hell. She'd follow those stories up with wonderful descriptions of the devil that would give me nightmares. Sometimes if I do something I know is morally wrong, I fear eternal damnation.

gerascophobia - growing old
I'm afraid that I will be one of those senile old people locked up in a convalescent home, confined to a wheel chair and forced to live out my days playing solitaire with people who don't give a damn about me.

eremiophobia, eremophobia - being alone, solitude
My worst fear. There's nothing worse than being alone. I can't imagine living life in solitude for all time. I get a knot in my stomach thinking about living alone for eternity.

Lastly, a fear that wasn't listed on entropie's long list of fears: I fear eternity, especially eternal consciousness. Ugh what a nasty, horrifying thought.

So, now all of you know what a neurotic person I am.

Posts: 13 | From: San Diego | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigz
Neophyte
Member # 19339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
uuum, i may sound kinda weird but i'm afraid of going upside-down o.o

------------------
treat me like an angel and i'll be your little devil!

Posts: 1 | From: Ventura California USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polythene pam
Neophyte
Member # 19494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for polythene pam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid of dogs . . . whenever I'm walking and someone with a dog on a leash approaches me, I always have to move all the way to the other end of the sidewalk (and sometimes even the street!) just to make sure the dog doesn't go near me. I'm always afraid that they'll bite me or something. If a dog barks -- even a tiny one -- it always scares me.

Apart from that, I have a bit of social anxiety. I'm also afraid of losing my mind.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LittleOneUSN
Activist
Member # 17486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LittleOneUSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by anarchy_and_headbanging:
i have a serious fear of fear! don't laugh i'm totally afraid of being afraid.

I was totally going to say that too.
I think I am afraid of die'n, fear of the unknown thing.
I'm afraid of cock roaches damn those harmless creachersm, that roam all over Japan

Posts: 95 | From: Liverpool, NY | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiyapeeps23
Activist
Member # 17908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiyapeeps23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid of the dark. I'm always afraid Regan from The Exorcist is awaiting me there or something.

I'm also afraid of my crush finding out I like him. I'd be devastated.

I'm also afraid of death.

I'm also afraid of freak accidents happening, like electrocution or getting hit by a bus or something. Not only am I scared of this happening to me, but of my family and friends.

I'm also afraid of a burglar. For instance, last night I was cleaning my kitchen and i couldn't look in the dark rooms or through a window because I was afraid someone or something was in there. And I'm such a freak, I kept ducking when I went past windows afraid someone was snipering me or something. I get VERY paranoid at night. Once my friend was kicking her feet in the air with white socks on and I had her stop because it looked like ghosts. *sigh*

I'm also afraid of teeny tiny enclosed spaces. Im chlosterphobic (sp???)

[This message has been edited by hiyapeeps23 (edited 09-09-2004).]

Posts: 118 | From: Where the shoobies roam... | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grandcannon
Neophyte
Member # 19714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grandcannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My main fear is Panocidophobia, the fear of the destruction of the entire human race, because after that, there's nothing you can do. I mean, noone to continue your legacy, noone to pray to their various gods for you, noone to even take care of your remains. But fortunately, I doubt thats going to happen any time soon. However you never know...

------------------
Love is the art of controling something that your not sure exists
-Gasseau

[This message has been edited by Grandcannon (edited 08-31-2004).]

Posts: 30 | From: Rockville, MD | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christinejones
Activist
Member # 19128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christinejones     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm opposite to the first poster in that i often think i am afraid of life... i'm not suicidal at all but life seems so huge and terrifying and terrible and difficult and exhausting that death seems quite good to me - just as a kind of break, a relief sort of thing....

just theoretically though, cos when i am in a life-threatening situation - i get just as scared as anyone else. i had a young (only about 18 maybe - looked younger) policeman pointing a gun at my stomach after our car was pulled over in a mistaken identity when i was abroad (they thought we were mafia/militia of some sort) and he was shaking with fear and i kept on thinking "one loud noise/car back-firing and my stomach is going to have a huge hole blasted through it" and was just praying for him to lower the gun - which he did when they realised, fairly quickly, we weren't who they thought we were and it probably didn't last nearly as long as it felt.
so i am kinda scared of life but only when it's not being threatened!!!
though when i fell over the edge of a ravine i wasn't scared at all - the last thought i remember having before i knocked myself out on the bottom was just "oooh nooo - this isn't right...." no life-altering flashbacks or thoughts and apparently that's what i said too when i was falling just "oh no" - no swearing or anything! i was fine though in the end (obviously) so maybe that's why.

Posts: 139 | From: los angeles | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summergoddess
Activist
Member # 11352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summergoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fear Phobias.. hmmm... past or present?

In the past
--rollercoasters (that was overcomed at 10)
--being hurt by love (overcomed at 16)--death (overcomed that at 16)

In the present day
--I hardly have any. I've learned to accept and love for anything or for any one that i come across to in my life. A big thanks goes to photography interest that was revealed in HS and photography taught me that things are natural and that you should not alter anything from it's course. I've let many doors open up to the lifestyle i lead.

------------------
~Jules

Posts: 369 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DownSouthPosted
Neophyte
Member # 20025

Icon 11 posted      Profile for DownSouthPosted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Black Honda Accords
i know that sounds very specific but if you knew how intricate my life is thats just like a foundation...
But really its what goes on in hondas...

email me if u want my story...

------------------
http://lifeisfucked.diaryland.com

NO 1 DIES A VIRGIN LIFE SCREWS US ALL...

Posts: 25 | From: kings,tn,usa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FadedRoses15
Neophyte
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FadedRoses15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
acrophobia - heights
gamophobia - marriage
dystychiphobia - accidents
claustrophobia - cofined spaces
belonophobia - needles
algophobia - pain
androphobia - men
acarophobia - 1. itching 2. mite or tick infestation, biting insects
atychiphobia - failure
demophobia - people, crowds
dishabilophobia - undressing in front of others
lilapsophobia - tornados
melissophobia - bees
traumatophobia - 1. injury 2. war

OY! O_o .....lol.....It makes me seem like a basket case doesnt it...and for interesting tid bit of information? The tornado bit isnt helpful as I live in OKLAHOMA!!!!....its really bad...any time a tornado watch is mentioned, I go into meltdown mode, and freak out irrationally....and start chanting Im gonna die, Im gonna die, Im gonna die.....oi!

------------------
We're all stars now....

Rock is dead....
Long live paper and scissors

Posts: 32 | From: Oklahoma, United States | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladystardust
Neophyte
Member # 19806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladystardust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm terrified to death of ants. I can't explain it. If I catch one crawl on me, or even imagine it, I freak out and hyperventilate. I'm also afraid of silence and sometimes of height.

My boyfriend is scared of spiders. They never used to bother me, but even since I started going out with him, I've been freaked out by them too. Not to the extent he is, of course, but they're pretty scary creatures. I've never heard of a phobia being contagious though. Maybe it's all in my head.

Posts: 39 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
powerfulone1987
Activist
Member # 20226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for powerfulone1987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am social phobia/anxiety. So I get scared/nervous around people (even family members). I am afraid of heights,spiders, other things too,but I can't think of them right now.
Posts: 49 | From: United States of America | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
powerfulone1987
Activist
Member # 20226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for powerfulone1987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am also terrified of getting old and also I am afraid of dying. I always have said "I want to die before I get old".
Posts: 49 | From: United States of America | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
powerfulone1987
Activist
Member # 20226

I am also terrified of getting old and also I am afraid of dying. I always have said "I want to die before I get old".
EtherealBreeze
Neophyte
Member # 20384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EtherealBreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taphophobia. Most definitely. I would *never* want to be burried alive. I think it may have something to do with my brother sitting on my head and almost suffocating me to death when I was a year or two. Yes... Bad things happen when I'm in extremely tight places and the only way out is blocked. There's a lot of screaming, yelling, cursing, pounding on the walls, etc, that goes on until I'm let out.
Posts: 7 | From: SBU | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Living_In_France
Neophyte
Member # 20659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Living_In_France     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a fear of Furbys. They're just evil.

[This message has been edited by Living_In_France (edited 11-03-2004).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snowshine
Neophyte
Member # 20892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snowshine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things I'm scared of: death, illness, pain, (all horrible things like that), spiders, poisonous things and things that sting (bees, wasps etc), horrible creepy crawlies, the dark (not being able to see what's around me or where I'm goin is scary). There will be more but I'm not gonna go on and on. Man, I'm such a scaredy cat.
Posts: 4 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celery
Activist
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
being in complete darkness really freaks me out (had an episode of panic on the weekend), I'm scared of small, closed in spaces, (claustrophobic), death/dying, being buried/burned alive, drowning, being tortured, I get scared when I'm home alone that someone is going to come in(or is already in) and is going to try and kill me, centipedes, spiders, sometimes heights, tornados, suffocating, getting cancer,

that's all I can think of right now... wow I'm kind of a wuss! heh

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.