Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Im so homesick!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im so homesick!
SoupPrincess
Activist
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoupPrincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been at college since the middle of August, and I am just now starting to really miss my home. I talked to my mom on the phone today for the first time in a couple of weeks, and it really made me miss my home. Im from Chicago, and I miss the buildings, and the shopping,and the resturaunts and my friends, but mostly just the hustle and bustle of daily life there.

Here in Bloomington, there are just fields and fields of corn, and cows, and the only store I can get to is Walgreens. I like my college, and I have so many friends here, but every once in a while I get lonely.

What do you all do when you are bored and lonely? Any other homesick people out there?

Posts: 47 | From: Bloomington IL (the boringest place on earth) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okie I admit it ... *sniffle*

I am somewhat homesick. I live w/ my dad now, b/c of problems that have built up w/ my mom and i over the past few years (it's true ya know, when things build up, they can only get worse) ... so now i live w/ my dad and my cat. I miss my normal life. The way things were at this time last yr ... Ya know, my old high school (i'm 2 hrs away from "home"), my old friends, the fights w/ mom beginning from bedtime til 6am. I need normal ... It's hard for me to change, but life is just chalk full of changes isn't it? Just when you think you've adjusted, guess what? It's time to change again.

When i'm sad ... I call my boyfriend. He's not always the biggest help in the world, but iknow he cares. Or i get on icq, or play a game of euchre or read. I love reading, cuz it's a way to "espcape" the real world, even for a few mins, and maybe step into the life of someone in the book. Or, take a nice hot bubble bath (bubbles don't agree w/ me at all, but that's a different story too) w/ candles and good music and ice cream !! It's ok to have *YOU* time too ya know

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the same situation as you. I'm away at university in a small town ( I come from a big city) and I miss my family and friends from back home sometimes. I'm sick right now and I really miss having my parents here, they always take care of me during illness, now I have to take care of myself Not that that's a big deal, it just makes me really miss them. When I get homesick I phone my parents, or write them. I really love letters because they make me feel really connected to people. I also go to my new friends and let them know I'm a little down. The results range from jollying me out of my blues (by doing something or just talking), to now babying me for my sickness (one friend gave me some of her grandmother's chicken soup ). They're very supportive and just talking about back home sometimes helps. I hope you feel better and it's almost Christmas and you can go home then. Just keep connected and share your problems with friends, they go through the same thing too sometimes
Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
same deal here. but i posted in Support Groups earlier this week. you can look at it there

but i do miss my mommy and daddy.

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoupPrincess
Activist
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoupPrincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you all for replying! Its good to know that other people understand. When I first posted, it was really cold and rainy, but now the sun is out and I think that may have something to do with it. I talked to my boyfriend, and watched a movie with my friends, that made me feel a lot better. I hope you all feel better too.

Posts: 47 | From: Bloomington IL (the boringest place on earth) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.