Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » music

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: music
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was reading the post about the mushy love songs coming on at the wrong times and everything...and i totally agree...i'll be missing my bf & then the sweetest song comes on & i can't stand it that he's not there with me.

so it got me thinking about what the best love songs are & i was just wondering what y'all thought.

personally i love amazed (lonestar), arms wide open (creed), you're still the one (shania twain), i dont' wanna miss a thing (aerosmith) & lots more. to me, amazed is the best love song. it describes almost perfectly how i feel about my bf & it makes me miss him soooo much. well i guess thats all i wanted to say...let me know what y'all think

------------------
"Be who you are & say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"No guy is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry"

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm.

My primary sweetie and I are very fond of "We've Got a World that Swings" by They Might Be Giants. He also used to (and sometimes still does) call me up and sing me showtunes, so a lot of those have special meaning. He will also slip silly songs like "You're my top ramen" into our shared mp3 folder.

"You Can't Always Get What you Want" by the Rolling Stones reminds me of another sweetie, but that's mostly because it was on in the car the first time we went out and it was very appropriate for that moment. "Smooth" by Carlos Santana also reminds me of him.

I don't really have any music that I associate with the other sweetie.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although you see the world different than me / Sometimes I can touch upon the wonders that you see / Through all the new colors and pictures you desigh / Oh yes sweet darling, so glad you are a child of mine / Child of mine, child of mine, oh yes sweet darling, so glad you are a child of mine.

You don't need directions / You know which way to go / And I don't want to hold you back / I just want to watch you grow / And you're the one who taught me / You don't have to look behind / Oh yes sweet darling, so glad you are a child of mine

Nobody's gonna kill your dreams / Or tell you how to live your life / There'll always be people / To make it hard for a while / But you'll change their heads when they see you smile

The times you were born in / May not have been the best / But you can make the times to come / Better than the rest / I know you will be honest / If you can't always be kind / Oh yes sweet darling, so glad you are a child of mine.

That's my favorite 'love song'. I sing it to my son every night, and it gets me all choked up

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
should we move this to "It's All About You?" i think it'd fit better there.

------------------
Maurice! Bring in the albinos! muwahahahahaha!!!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love music and have more than enough love songs that touch me but there's one that absolutely melts me! "Kissing You" by Des'ree-

*Pride can stand a thousand trials, The strong will never fall.
But watching stars without you, my soul cried. Heaving heart, it's full of pain. Oh, oh, the aching.
~Cause I'm kissing you. Oh. I'm kissing you, oh.~
Touch me deep, pure and true. Give to me forever.
~Cause I'm kissing you. Oh. I'm kissing you.~
Where are you now? Where are you now?
~Cause I'm kissing you. I'm kissing you. Oh.~*

It makes me cry!

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AAAAA! ErinK, you can't have that song! That's my *parents'* song! Teehee...we're all TMBG fans. ;]

Mmm. my love and I don't have a 'song' atm, but there are songs that make me think of him... 'the love cats' by the cure... 'pulled along by love' by the mutton birds... 'ana ng' by they might be giants (one of his favorite TMBG songs)...

a million more...oh, fine, I'm just thinking about him all the time. ;]

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

want to know the inner lemming? read her diary at http://innerlemming.diaryland.com/ .

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CharmeD
Neophyte
Member # 1625

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CharmeD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To StarryRedhead(and all the rest!):
My favourite love song is also Kissing you!!! It always makes me so sad...and if i'm not sad it just makes me fall asleep and have really really sweet dreams.

------------------
*I hate it when you make me laugh,
Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you're not around,
And the fact you didn't call.
But mostly i hate the way i don't hate you.
Not even close...not even at all...*

Posts: 31 | From: Far away | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm ... let me see ...

My bf and i don't really have a song, but there are certain songs that just bring me to a big puddle of mush (and i'm normally not a very mushy person!)!! Okiez so here's my list ... and these are just my really big faves, i have tonnes more!

How do i live ~ Trisha Yearwood
All My life ~ KC and jojo
Arms Wide Open ~ Creed
I turn to you ~ Christina A.
Angel of mine ~ Monica (?? i think lol)
Have you ever ~ Brandy
I wanna know ~ Joe
I'll Be ~ Edwin McCain (my all time FAVE!)

And i can't think of anymore ... but these are really really good And anything by armageddon is grrrreat ... hehe

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aria51: whats the name of the song you wrote the words to & who sings it? it sounds soooo sweet.

------------------
"Be who you are & say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"No guy is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry"

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
michelle: it's Child Of Mine by Carole King.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hee, more TMBG fans!

I love Ana Ng, too. It's such a great song for LDRs. "I dont' want the world; I just want your half."

Oh, and crossing threads briefly, Aria, you were so right about the dead guy thing. I was compltely exhausted last night and making no sense. :O

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.