Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » I don't know if I should help him or strangle him.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I don't know if I should help him or strangle him.
AmakusaShiroTokisada
Neophyte
Member # 403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmakusaShiroTokisada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear the strangest things happens to me. Not that I'm complaining but I lost my spear because of it!!! Man this other day my love struck buddy came over to my house and borrowed my 20lbs pratice spear. He said something about showing off or something. So I wrapped it up and lend it to him. Couple of hours later...

"Hello?"
"What this the NYPD!?"
"Do I know this person? Yes I do..."
"HE WHAT!?!?!?!? He got in a fight and was arrest and also carrying a weapon!?"
"Yeah... I'll bail him out..."

Yes my friend went to beat up this guy with it. Apparently his gf was going to dump him for another guy. Luckily he used the spear just to scare him so he didn't get into that much trouble. I'm not too sure on the details cause I was busy being upset. The NYPD has my spear. I know, I know, it's my fault that I lend him my spear in the first place... *sigh*

Do people always do such stupid things for love without even thinking!? I couldn't believe he would get into a fight just for some girl! I lost my pratice spear because of that... *sobs* I don't know if I should cheer him up or beat some sense into him. The spear's not that important, but the fact that he to fight without thinking about the consequences is what makes me so angry. Should I knock some sense into that idiot? Do anybody else do such dumb things for love or is it just my half-wit buddy.

Remember kids do not lend your spears, guns, tanks, stealth bomber, surface to air missiles, and nuclear warheads to your love struck friends.

------------------
Anyone who dares to block my path shall die! Step aside, step aside!!!
*swings blade at the idiot that block my path*

Posts: 26 | From: Kirby's Dreamland, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, I was wondering what happened to my nuclear warhead! This explains sooo much. Okay, if I were you, I'd strangle him a little bit and hug him a little bit and smack him around a little bit all at once. In other words? If he needs to be comforted, do it, but you might want to gently remind him that there are better ways to handle it, you know?

And some advice, never do anything drastic out of love, anger, hate, sadness, etc, because it only works out in the flicks. In other words, if you need to do something don't do it when you are so emotional, wait until you calm down. You might want to pass this on to him.

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky for you that's ALL that happened. It'd sure have been a real bummer if someone wound up in the hospital, no?

You're going to find I'm not going to be very giddy about situations like these. If you're going to keep weapons of any form around, you need to be able to be responsible for them, which includes things like not passing them around or lending them out.

Again, you shouldn't be sobbing right now, you should be thanking your lucky stars. Imagine how responsible you'd feel (and be) if someone had gotten hurt. Your friend wasn't the only one who acted foolishly. So did you.

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmakusaShiroTokisada
Neophyte
Member # 403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmakusaShiroTokisada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I know that was foolish. He caught me with my guard down. I was busy playing video games when he asked me that. I should of known better. Borrowing a sword to impress someone sounds normal, but borrowing a spear? With a sword you can fake it a look like you know what you're doing, but using a spear takes partice. Yeah I know I'll never lend another my weapons again. I'll have to order another spear. Luckily nobody got hurt and he didn't say the spear was mine. *sobs* I've been using that spear since I was 10... Oh well I still have 6 more, but the collection won't be complete.

Oh if anyone lives in a place where the have a martial art's shop, you can buy all sorts of weapons(fake weapons that aren't sharp). You get a discount if your martial teacher knows the owner.

------------------

Posts: 26 | From: Kirby's Dreamland, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My partner and I collect swords and knives as a hobby (restoration of old blades), and as a part of a martial arts practice (Iaido).

It strikes me that a student of martial arts honestly ought to have no need and, really, no impulse, to use a weapon to show off... and would respect his or her weapons, and their potential for causing harm, sufficiently that he or she would not permit anyone else to use them to show off, either. You know better, and your Sensei has probably taught you better, and you know it.

Your budo makes you responsible for any ill that happens because of your weapons. Even a sai can crack a skull, break a leg. You know that. If you own weapons you own the responsibility for them. Period. Respect your weapons and your art. If you can't be bothered to do that, we certainly can't be bothered to be sympathetic when you don't hold up your end of the bargain.

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmakusaShiroTokisada
Neophyte
Member # 403

*groan* I know, I know, but my friend is NOT a martial art's student. I'm not one either, because of college I stopped for 2 years to study the SAT.

And I do respect my weapons, but not when my brain's in Lala land. I do take responsibilty for lend it to him in the first place. I've learned my lesson, not to lend weapons to people. I also learned my lesson of don't talk when I'm playing video games, and I should stop playing when someone ask me something.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.