Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Scarleteen, life, and the interconnected beauty of it all

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Scarleteen, life, and the interconnected beauty of it all
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or something. This thread is about something that is a part of my life.

I was talking to a certain teen-sex-help-site proprietor recently, when I realised:

I kinda like it here. I mean I like it a lot.

I don't know even close to everything about sex, sexuality, reproductive physiology or disorders, or even how people "work". No one does. But its sort of fun to learn.

I like reading up on things I'd never heard before - no matter how disturbing it may be to the mainstream. I like learning stuff that could help my sex life, or save my life in general.

I like helping others - a small comment I make in a short, 5 line post could keep some 15 year old from catching a disease that would otherwise lead them to a slow, gruesomely painful end.

Given the misinformation that still exists in mainstream sex education, its nice to know that someone is helping to make a difference.

Didn't realise how good this place was til now, I guess.

I just wanted to say how much the regulars, advocates, and sexpert types all kick *** . This site - and I've seen nothing else that comes close to it - is quite literally a life saver.

Whether its saving someone from AIDS or similar, or saving them from themselves, or helping them deal with their own lives, Scarleteen matters. It matters to me, and whether or not they realise it, it matters to a lot of other people, too.

In short - Sex = good.
Scarleteen = good.
Miz Scarlet = uber-good, bordering on great. Well ok - she's great! Just don't tell her that I said that. ;p

------------------
Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice
Crazy like a shoehorn, bay-be!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ThisGuy, you just made my whole day. Thank you.

XOX,
Miz S.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Since I am 14, almost 15, my parents and even the health class in school dosen't tell you all the info on sex, or diseases or pregnancy and all that good stuff. Thanx to this site, it probably helped me deside to not have sex till I am older.

Thank you miss scarlet.

~Who~

------------------
~dont underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers~

~Duck tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and binds the world togther~

I'm ~You*Know*Who~ and I am a redneck. Anyone for mud?

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Who let her in here!
Demmit.

And its Miz Scarlet, thank you! None of that pansy Miss stuff.

------------------
The Lone Gunman of Lunacy

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally agree ThisGuy. Even though it says Advocate next to my name I'm still human and I'm still learning all this information, which is good because people ask the same questions over and over (apparently no mouses have the ability to click on search) so I can help out with stuff like that. I just got home from homecoming and you think I'd be writing in my journal, but naw, scarleteen comes first.

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Activist
Member # 484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey ThisGuy, you said it! This is a super special place. There are many people her that are really amazing people. It makes you wonder about the karma that brought them all here. I think this site is something that really makes a difference in people's lives. Pretty cool, huh?

Posts: 364 | From: San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with all you guys...

I especially agree with what Brittany said - I generally come by Scarleteen and check out everything before I do anything else online (of course, it does help - a lot - that I'm at school and have a constant Internet connection. ;] )

This place is wonderful, all of you guys are great, the Sexperts all deserve major props (hey, I used it!), and I'm glad to think that maybe we're having an impact here!

~lem

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and the great revelation of the day award goes to...

Me.
I've decided to go for a change of career and train to do sex education and teen guidance..
Not yet, in a few years when I an afford to do it, but gawd darnit, it's going to happen..
Owe it to ya, Miz S

entropie

[This message has been edited by entropie (edited 09-25-2002).]

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Entropie that's so great! Props to you! (see lemming, we can do it too!) that's so cool!!!

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for Entropie!

That's excellent, lovie. I wish you luck and a better paycheck than we get.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hanne
Sexpert
Member # 100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whee! Sounds mighty marvy, Entropie.

Y'all are fabulous, and we're glad to have you all -- and lucky!

------------------
Hanne Blank
Co-Editor, Scarleteen

Start a Revolution -- Stop Hating Your Body!

Posts: 1538 | From: boston, ma, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for entropie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
woohoo! Wasn't sure what kind of response I'd get for that, I'm glad it's positive..

The weird thing about this, is that when I was 13, I stayed with my Aunt, after having some family troubles..
My Aunt happens to be a bit of a hippy throwback spiritualist type (which is all good).. so we went off to church on a Saturday afternoon..

Spiritualist church.. funny place

Anyways, afterwards there was this big 'do' with all of the churchgoers and the oldest proprieter of the church, a lady named Pearl, who was 105 (if I remember correctly).

She talked to about 3 people that afternoon, and I was one of them. She told me I was going to be a nurse, and work with children and teens.

She died the week after.

Spooky? I never thought about it until now, I'd never even considered that kind of work..

Sorry to ramble

entropie

Posts: 1030 | From: Aotearoa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spooky, entropie? Eeep, yeah!

And what a timely post. I just started up my computer, loaded Netscape, checked the Ask a Sexpert board, and was a bit surprised there was an unanswered question on spermicidal condoms. Netscape crashed, I swore, reloaded it, opened the page again and -- tada, question answered! So fast . . .how do you do it, guys?

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
entropie
Activist
Member # 26

Although, I must add, I've been a bad example, and think that I may have ruined my chances at this idea.. the ole voodoo chile(d) in the belly..

Ah, well, we'll wait and see.. I feel like a hypocrite, but these things happen..

Big hugs and smiles to all

entropie

Femalepleaser
Activist
Member # 637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Femalepleaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree to that this site has helped me deal with other people's problems as well as solve my own....i try to give my opinions to help some agree some don't but, its just opinions.

The people such as the sexperts and advocates are intelligent as to how to answer your questions, i also appreciate how you answer the same questions that you get everyday. O.k enough *** kissin back to reading now.

------------------
If you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life!

Posts: 86 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.