Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » A message from Pixie69

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A message from Pixie69
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Read the story behind the quote or just skip down to the quote, but either way this is my message!

Okay, I was jabbing off the ear of an online friend who is more the "cry on my shoulder" than "I yak at you, you yak at me" kind of person. I was in a very tired, no-good mood and asked him what he thought about me (knowing that what he thought would be based on me and my personality since he's never seen me and stuff.) And he said to me:

"I think you're you, and as long as you allow yourself to be who you are, and not what someone else wants you to be, you're perfect"

So that's my message to all of you! If you have any comments or cool quotes of your own this is the place to put it!

Brittany

------------------
I'm the good girl that everyone thinks is a bad girl pretending to be a good girl :D

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I shall do such things, as yet I know not, but they will be the terror of the Earth!

Good olde Billy Shakespeare, tragically misquoted by me. (I'm tired, and I don't have the play handy...)

------------------
Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice
Crazy like a shoehorn, bay-be!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Be who you are and say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

thats my favorite quote

it really helped me a lot cuz i used to be super self-consious and shy and had zero self confidence. i'm still a little of each of those but i've gotten so much better since last year. that quote really opened up my eyes and got me thinking about it and how you should just be who you are because the people who really matter will love you no matter what

------------------
"Be who you are & say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"No guy is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry"

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Those who hear not the music think the dancers mad"
Not sure who said it, but I have it hanging on my wall, on a plaque my best friend gave me for graduation. A little reminder to be myself, regardless of what other people say.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
today's quote:

the measure of a woman's worth is not between her legs.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Activist
Member # 484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My form appeared like a dream
to sentient beings who are like a dream
I taught them dreamlike teaching to attain
dreamlike enlightenment
--buddha

Posts: 364 | From: San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet chick
Neophyte
Member # 1440

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
" A man is a man, at the bottom....." A Connecticut Yankee, Mark Twain.
I live by my sig too.

------------------
There are three kinds of people in the world;
Those who make things happen,
Those who watch things happen,
And those who wonder what happened.
Which one are you??

Sweet Chick

Posts: 39 | From: the nose ring of iowa. ( get out a map of the USA and look it up peeps) | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a perfect world
Human beings would co-exist
Harmoniously, like a rainbow
A multitude of colors
Each layer vibrant and clear by itself
But in unison...
Boundless, Breathtaking, Celestial...

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my very good friends/mentors/teachers told me this eight years ago, when I was despairing about high school woes.

"If everything good and beautiful and wonderful and fantastic happened by the time you were eighteen, you'd have one hell of a boring life to look forward to. This is not the best time of your life, nor the only time of your life. Live through it and see what happens."

------------------
PHILOSOPHY: Basically, this involves sitting in a room and deciding there
is no such thing as reality and then going to lunch. -- Dave Barry

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a great graduation quote! If I ever become valedictorian (please please please!!!! only 4 years till I find out!) then I'd say that in my speach

Brittany

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie: i spoke at my graduation (top of my class, hurrah for me -- well, no one cares in 3 months, so there's that for ya) and i

1. told my entire town to suck it (in my own sweet way)

2. used a bunch of song lyrics

3. ended with "sayonara suckers"

and in the end, i got congratulated and complimented on my speech. everyone thought i was so glib and confident. i guess it's not what oyu say but how you say it.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
A quote from the author of "The Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy" but from a non-fiction book:

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also
remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

------------------
All paper clips are born free, but they live in chains

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.