Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » What's your favorite music? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: What's your favorite music?
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love punk, hard rock, ska, rock en espanol; from ska to hard.
Celtic, classical
Salsa, cumbias, punta, merengue, rancheras.....etc.
Rap, hip-hop
My favorite bands are RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, Cafe Tacuba, Molotov, Ozomatli, Chencha, Voodo Glow Skulls, and more.
I love the sound track to Interview w/the Vampire.
Pedro Infante, he's got a great voice.
I just love music in general.

------------------
Jenny kissed me when we met, jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get sweets into your list, put that in:
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, say that health and wealth have missed me, say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*evil*vampiress*
Neophyte
Member # 696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *evil*vampiress*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love rock and,alternative!!SMASHING PUMPKINS, our lady peace, blink 182, greenday , limp bizkit, kittie, blur, bush , vercua salt, offspring, garbage , portishead, republica, elastica,NOFX, korn , hole , nirvana,marlyn manson, oasis, lit, limblifter, tea party, bif, silverchair, no doubt, everclear,creed,etc the list goes on forever !!! the crazyness!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Posts: 36 | From: ontario, canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deegurl143
Activist
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm more of a rap and r&b person myself. i love that music...a lot of it has a message . i'm not going to lie though...i do like that "pop" music....nsync is a fav and britney spears has good songs.
i also have a thing for....country. i'm serious that stuff is good. i love faith hill, shania twain, and the dixie chicks.
i'm a weirdo but if the song is good then i like it no matter who it's by

------------------
~*GoDdEsS oF lOvE aNd BeAuTy*~

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR
^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorites are Smashing Pumpkins (RIP), KMFDM/MDFMK, Skinny Puppy, Pig, Dope, Annie Lenox, Dynamite Hack, Dead Can Dance, Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Allegory, And Also The Trees, Bauhaus, Bella Morte, Cervix Couch (great name, isn't it? ), Joy Division, and, most of all, Apocalypse Theatre. I highly suggest any of these, especially to anyone who's interested in gothic/industrial music. Throw in a little Jewel and I'm in heaven.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love They Might Be Giants. After that would have to come Combustible Edison, Ani DiFranco, Talking Heads, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, and about a zillion others.

------------------
"There's only now, there's only this/Forget regret or life is yours to miss/No other road, no other way/No day but today..."~"Mimi" in "Another Day," from RENT, by Jonathan Larson

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
song du jour is "bohemian like you" by the dandy warhols. but this is all i know of them, so if any other dandy fans are out there, gimme some suggestions.

i'm into the manics, stereophonics, radiohead, black lab, remy zero, underworld, bt, wallflowers, third eye blind, and loads of others.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aja Valderamma
Activist
Member # 519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aja Valderamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gumdrop- The only Dandy's tune I knew of was "Not if you were the last junkie on earth" I haven't heard of the one you mention. I know of one ablum "Dandy Warhols Come Down" Is there another?

Anyway I could compile a huge list but I'll submit my top 20.

Radford, Splender, Stroke 9, Googoodolls, Ninedays, Stir, 3rd eye blind, Vertical Horizon, Lit, Blink182, Better than Ezra, Matchbox 20, New Radicals, 3doors down, Face to Face, Creed, Days of the New, Pixies, New Order.

Aria 51...Just curious how could you mention Joy Division but not New Order? It would seem automatic. Just curious.

Aja

Posts: 204 | From: Capr Coral, Florida. USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great music you guys.
And hell yes NOFX........woo-hoo
Maldita Vecindad, Kittie kicks *** . I like Metalica but after that whole fiasco about Nabster, i don't know anymore.
If you guys are watching MTV today watch out for Rage's video and vote it to being the best rock video, "Sleep now in the fire". They send out a great a message.
The Doors are great, Queen, Modern English, blah blah blah it goes on.

------------------
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, say that health and wealth have missed me, say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I was a teen in the 80's so I still like stuff from that time. Some muscial highlights for me, Tears for Fears, Culture Club, the Go Go's.

As for today's music, I am listening to Matthew Good Band, Tal Bachman and Chantal Kreviazuk. I like Canaidan artists a lot.

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*N SYNC!!! I could actually care less what people think of my music taste. I have loved *N SYNC since the first time I heard "I Want You Back" the summer before my 8th grade year, and I have loved them ever since! My dream is to meet them!!! I have waited like 3 years, and Im probably gonna have to wait three or more! LoL

People are always critisizing them, but around where I live, they're pretty popular! I have gone to 5 of their concerts, and cant wait till they come to Kansas City again!

I also like:
Limp Bizkit
Third Eye Blind!
Enrique Iglesias
Powerman 5000
Vertical Horizon
Bon Jovi
Nelly
Jay-Z
stuff like that...LoL
But NO OTHER music can compare to *N SYNC to me! Those guys top them all!

Im sure Im gonna hear crap about it now...but BRING IT ON!!! LoL

------------------
WoRD!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay ditzy, you asked for it. N*Sync uggh. not my cup of tea.

aja: oddly, i haven't heard "junkie" but the song i was referring to is off their newest album '13 tales from urban bohemia' and that's cool that you like new order. yum! i also like depeche mode and erasure.

my apartment is decorated with rock music art prints. very nice. and my room is plastered with all sorts of posters.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MysteryGirl
Activist
Member # 573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awe well ... goodness ... I don't think much of what my music taste has been listed by anyone. Umm, I would have to say my all-time favorite is Aerosmith. I like the older tunes more than the new ones though. After that would be Queen. Gorsh ... can we say "Wayne's World" Umm ... what else ... Madonna, have to give her some credit. Bryan Adams had some good songs out years ago. Also, to go a little country ... Collin Raye is a great singer. I would also have to say for newer things ... N'Sync and Britany Spears. Now I know that's totally against most of what I listed, BUT ... I like the beats of their songs. It's something I can dance to. Kid Rock had some good songs out (the tamer ones). I LOVE soundtracks though ... those are the best. Especially the Disney movie soundtracks.

------------------
"Growing older is MANDATORY, growing up is OPTIONAL."

Posts: 91 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pansies. ;p

I like hardcore, grindcore, metal, etc.
And orchestral and just about everything in between.

Fear Factory, Sepultura, Napalm Death, Orange 9mm, Sevendust, Beethoven, Mahler, Radiohead, Faith No More.

And other butch stuff...cos I'm like totally butch...yeah...

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klondale
Neophyte
Member # 1065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klondale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANYTHING but boy bands!
personally i think pop bands are ruining the music scene.i mean look at the mtv awards. the only bands that get any credit are the one that sell like 10 million albums to a bunch of screaming girls.

Personally i like

Older tea party
tool
sevendust
radiohead
hum
weezer
the doors
rage against the machine

and bands like that.

DEATH TO POP!

Posts: 17 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley_chick
Neophyte
Member # 578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley_chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm with evil vampiress on this one i love all of them i can't stand bubble gum pop like britteny or christina their sounds are so fake and manufactured give me something like limpbizkit or slipknot any day

------------------
em***

[This message has been edited by smiley_chick (edited August 26, 2000).]

Posts: 26 | From: uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand all that bubblegum stuff, either. I like almost every type of music under the sun. The artists that take up most of the space on my CD rack are Stereolab and Elvis Costello. But I listen to everything from roots-country (Old 97's) to jazz (Oscar Peterson) to slow, building apocalyptic-type anthems (godspeed you black emperor!). Currently, I'm infatuated with Belle and Sebastian, and Lambchop.
Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beatles (What more need I say?)
John Lennon (best of the best)
Janis Joplin
The Dead
Jefferson Airplane (those three are sort of all together)
Stones
Patti Smith
Murmurs (awww, Leisha!)
Optiganally Yours (http://www.optigan.com)
Beach Boys (the weird stuff)
Devo (subversive and zappy)
Doors (Sex and drugs)
Bob Marley (positive vibes, truly)
Pointy-Bra Madonna and Samantha Fox (like, her, but British, and more prone, to, ah, 'boob shots')
Joan Baez
Simon and Garfunkel (Gorgeous folk-rock)
Herman's Hermits (sort of responsible for my user name)
Divinyls (I touch myself!)
Smiths/Moz
Iron Maiden
Phantom Blue (they deserve to be better-known)
Weezer
Shonen Knife (who covered . . )
The Ramones
Spacehog
Danko Jones (Hetero-rock)
Stratovarius
Screaming Lord Sutch (Strange, and very cool)
The Dakotas (and Billy J.)
Roxy Music (a bit twisted, but --)
Barenaked Ladies (who but them would be able to sing about 'mutual masturbation' and babys' soft spots on the same album and get away with it?
Press Play on Tape (C64 music!!)
Buddy Holly (so good, and so prolific in the time he had)
Duran Duran (uh, heh)
Femme Fatale (I'm a semi-closet hair metal fan)
Klaus Wunderlich (ultra cheese AND cheesecake covers, much like . .. )
Herb Alpert
And I *did* go on.

[This message has been edited by Milke (edited 12-23-2002).]

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
michelle
Activist
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for michelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree ditzy...nsync is the best! i dont' care what anyone else says-they're not like all the other boy bands-and justin is super hot

i also like shania twain (even though i usually don't like country), bbmak is cool even though they're new. madonna's cool and so's smashmouth.

i really like eminem too-he's pretty cool! and kid rock (i agree...the tamer songs!) Christina Aguilara has some cool songs & so does britney spears.

i love that song "swear it again" by westlife and "amazed" by lonestar (really awesome love songs!) i'm sure theres a million more i like, but thats about the main ones.

------------------
"Be who you are & say what you feel cuz those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"No guy is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry"

Posts: 100 | From: TX, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThisGuy:
Pansies. ;p

what the hell?! LoL

BRING IT ON HOT SHOT...haha

------------------
WoRD!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

quote:
Originally posted by michelle:
i agree ditzy...nsync is the best! i dont' care what anyone else says-they're not like all the other boy bands-and justin is super hot

Woohoo!! I have recruited someone for my "I love Justin from N SYNC" fan club!! Yay!!

OmG..im kidding! I dont like them cause theyre hot, I LOOOOVE their stuff!

Way to speak up Michelle! *N SYNC ISNT FAKE!!

BBMAK is pretty cool..i dont have their CD or know any of their songs, but I got to meet them at a concert, and they are SOO super nice!

------------------
WoRD!

WILD CHIKA
Neophyte
Member # 1118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILD CHIKA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LIKE HIP HOP AND R&B HOUSE
MY FAVE PEEPS R
DMX, SISQO, JAY Z, NELLY, EVE, DA BRAT, BSB(I LUV AJ THATS THE ONLY REASON) AND HOLE LATTA OTHER ****
~*~*ALI~*~*

Posts: 1 | From: HAWTHORNE,CA,USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*evil*vampiress*
Neophyte
Member # 696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *evil*vampiress*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
die britney spears die

------------------
kiss and kill me sweetly...

Posts: 36 | From: ontario, canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonbeam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My god i had no idea soooooo many of you were into my kinda music i love rock of almost all descriptions apart from punk metal especially limp biskit,rage against the machine, machine head, blink 182,evin abit of eiminem!

rock on guys!

Posts: 84 | From: Ireland.uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Limp Bizkit is awesome!!

------------------
WoRD!

smiley_chick
Neophyte
Member # 578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley_chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i live in england in a small county and where i live all the people who like stuff like slipknot and limpbizkit get slaged off and called grungies. but i agree with evil vampiress death to pop it is such manufactured rubbish how and one can like it i don't know. by the way how many westlife songs have you heard if its more than one you will know most of them are copys and the rest all sound the same. by the way moonbeam you are cool

------------------
em***

Posts: 26 | From: uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~sullengirl~
Neophyte
Member # 45

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~sullengirl~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like music like Love songs,"Where U R"(by:Jessica simpson and nick lachey),, don't worry some of U, I'm not a pop fan. I also like Fiona Appl, and Moby, and Third eye blind.

------------------
*~*~Lux~*~*

Posts: 34 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glitter Princess
Activist
Member # 995

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glitter Princess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im a lil skankin chick! (uhh...for those less educated people, you skank when you listen to ska...go to a show, its fun I like other music too I love:

reel big fish
less than jake
long beach dub all stars
catch 22
edna's goldfish
rancid
wheatus
hole (courtney love is awesome)
adam pascal (swoon!!!)
RENT!!!! (OBC recording)

so basically...my taste is all messed up

------------------

"No day but today,"-RENT

RIP Jonathan Larson

Posts: 70 | From: a boring life in a boring town with the same old crowd | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIGHT NOW, IM TOTALLY ADDICTED TO THIRD EYE BLIND, THEIR 1ST ALBUM. IT KICKS *** !!

------------------
u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Rancid is good. I like caliboration cd's like PUNK-O-RAMA.
Straight faced
Sublime R.I.P Brad
Voodo Glow Skulls
NOFX
I love ska, punk, punk ska, anything you can mosh to. I love to mosh, and I kick *** . Ha Ha HA

Sorry but I despise Fake breasted Britney Spears. :P

------------------
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

libra_beatle
Neophyte
Member # 1156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for libra_beatle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like just about any kind of music you can think of.Led Zeppelin,The Beatles,Willie Nelson,Eminem,Eve,Dolly Parton,moe(Good to see a fellow moe fan on here! )Portishead,Beck,Jethro Tull,Patsy Cline,Isly Bros.,Earth Wind and Fire,Mary J,Lauryn Hill,Bob Marley,Miles,Ellington,Minnie Ripperton,just everything!
Posts: 13 | From: San Jose California USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*evil*vampiress*
Neophyte
Member # 696

yay!!!!!
mosh on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

*evil*vampiress*
Neophyte
Member # 696

hey everbody!!!
first im gonna say DEATH 2 POP!!!
second , i was wondering , is anyone here as obsessed with the smashing pumpkins as i am?

SMASHING PUMPKINS 4 EVER!!

luv ya much!!

------------------

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
evil vampiress -- Hell yes Been a diehard fan since '93 or so.
Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

I also forgot to mention Billie Holiday,
JAZZ.................BLUES................YA BABY!

------------------
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

*evil*vampiress*
Neophyte
Member # 696

yay!!!!!
another pumpkins fan
i can never find any !!!!!
SMASHING PUMPKINS 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.