Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » whats up with her?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: whats up with her?
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonbeam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the past couple of months my bet friend has extended her social circle which i am very happy with byt theres this one girl who is not the best influence for starters but who also seems to have taken my role!
Its become so bad that now my best mate spends nearly if not all her time with this new girl and even when shes with me constantly moans she wishes she was out with these others at a certain club which will remain nameless. At first i thought she felt threatend cause i am now with my boyfriend whom im totally in love with and she isnt and has herself been treated bad by nearly if not all the boys she likes. But my point is im the one who is always there to pick up the pieces and comfort her yet i am shut out.
Ive tried to talk many times but she always says im her b mate and ive nothing to worry about so i wrote her a letter as we often communicate this way telling her how i feel and a friend told me she said it wasnt her fault shes got more friends and im jealous!
I dont want to lose her please help quick!

Posts: 84 | From: Ireland.uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deegurl143
Activist
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm sorry that she's treating you like this. i wish i had you for a friend. it's hard to find good true friends like you.
she thinks that these friends will somehow help her in the long run and if you are right about these friends....then they won't. you can only really just let her do her thing. she'll learn. when something happens and these friends aren't like you she'll realize what she's missing.
you are probably right about why she turned to these friends. are you constantly with your bf? if so then she feels shut out by you too.
you have obviously tried to talk to her and that didn't work, so there isn't much to do but sit back and be ready to be there for her when something happens.

------------------
~*GoDdEsS oF lOvE aNd BeAuTy*~

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR
^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Romeo
Neophyte
Member # 585

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Romeo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know exactly how it feels to loose one of your best friends to other people. maybe she doesn't deserve a friend like you. But i think she is just overcome by the popularity that she is thinking care-lessly, not thinking about friends like you because she is so busy tring to impress her new friends. I would love to have a friend like you.

Jut ignore her like you don't care what she does with her new friends like you've got better things to do. And if all else fails just remember almost any and everything happens for a reason.

Hope this helps you,
-Chris

------------------
"Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd;
But thy eternal summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st:

So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee."
-William Shakespear-

Posts: 33 | From: San Antonio-Texas-U.S. | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not, instead of writing letters and making accusations, you ask your friend if you can't both put a little bit of time aside to spend with just each other. She says she's still your best friend, and she probably means it. People always change their social situations, it's a natural thing. You can accept those changes and still preserve your friendship. You may have to make a bit of extra effort to see each other, but if you're really good friends, then it's worth it.

To tell you the truth, you do sound a little jealous of this new girl. That's natural, but it's also something that you have to recognise. Your assertion that she's a bad influence isn't something I really know much about. If she's encouraging your friend to get into illegal activity, then maybe you could express concern to your friend about it, but ultimately, it's going to be her decision, and she'll have to deal with the consequences. So long as she's not getting you involved in it, then that's all you can do. If it's a non illegal thing that she's involved in, then it's really a matter of personal choice to start with.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonbeam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all for your hasty replys . I did actually have a talk on the fone with her that night about all the past goings on and she said nothing about my bf (and answer to past question no i dont spend all my time with him as he lives quite far away and through this summer i can only see him every other weekend!
She said she was sorry and never said i was jealouse that was our so-called mate twisting her words but she said she didnt want to lose what we had. Thanks all for your advice we are gonna try and start again. One if u said i was jealous of this girl and i never denied that she was taking my best mate i just said i wasnt jealous of her other crowd!
Thanx for the shakespear romeo im actully studying tha at the minute it made me feel better. Thanks again for all your kind words guys! xo

Posts: 84 | From: Ireland.uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Thanks all for your hasty replys . I did actually have a talk on the fone with her that night about all the past goings on and she said nothing about my bf (and answer to past question no i dont spend all my time with him as he lives quite far away and through this summer i can only see him every other weekend!
She said she was sorry and never said i was jealouse that was our so-called mate twisting her words but she said she didnt want to lose what we had. Thanks all for your advice we are gonna try and start again. One if u said i was jealous of this girl and i never denied that she was taking my best mate i just said i wasnt jealous of her other crowd!
Thanx for the shakespear romeo im actully studying tha at the minute it made me feel better. Thanks again for all your kind words guys! xo

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.