Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » my half sister and sex.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: my half sister and sex.
winter
Activist
Member # 991

Icon 11 posted      Profile for winter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay. Well. I'm sorta an only child, but before my Dad was married to my Mom he was married to this other woman and had a daughter...well, that's how I have a half sister. Well, duh.

Anyways, Adele (her name is Adele, it's better for me to call her by her name than just "my half sister", isn't it?), is 22, just graduated from college, and is living with us for a while while she's looking for a job on the east coast and until she finds a place of her own. But, my problem is that she is a complete sex maniac. I'm not kidding. Just this summer, I've caught her about 12 times, with several different guys.

And I sort of suspect she isn't using protection. I've sort of looked around for condom boxes and such, and can't find anything. I know that it's kind of wrong for me to even be looking, but I care about her a lot, and don't want her to end up with an STD or pregnant.

I'm not saying that her having sex with multiple partners is bad...it's just that I suspect she's not using protection, which really really bothers me because I care about her a lot.

Like I said, I'm not *positive* that she's not being safe, but I really suspect it. Should I approach her about it? Should I just leave it be? Or am I just being to concerned and acting like my Mom? I'm kinda confused....

------------------
"Can't this wait til I'm old?"-Phish
hannah@atarikid.com

Posts: 53 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deegurl143
Activist
Member # 353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you aren't acting like your mom...you are just caring for the girl. SHE'S LUCKY TO HAVE YOU AROUND!! i mean you noticed what she was doing and you wanna make sure she's ok. me only suggestion is to ask her. that's the only way you'll know. tell her you care a lot for her as if she were a whole sister and you were just wondering if she was being safe.
my sis is only my half sis, but i had a pregnancy scare once and took a test. i left the test in my drawer. my sis looking for a shirt found the test. she asked about it and asked if i was protected. she told me she was going to take me to get birth control (she's 29) even if i was protected...extra protection you know?
ever since then i've been closer to my sis. i'm glad she's looking out for me. hopefully your sis will feel the same.
GOOD LUCK

~*GoDdEsS oF lOvE & bEaUtY*~

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
DoReEn & JaMeS 4eVeR
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

[This message has been edited by deegurl143 (edited August 19, 2000).]

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you girl!

Is it wrong for you to do these things?! Hell no! You are being an awesome half sister! If the whole "lots of different guys" thing bothers you, then I would go for it, and talk to her.

------------------
WoRD!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would be less worried about her having multiple partners than I would about her not using protection. And yes, I'd definitely say something. Just make sure you phrase it so she knows you're not being judgmental, you're worried about her health because you care about her. Even so, if she's at all unsure about her own action she may just assume you're thinking she's a slut or something, and if that happens you'll have to reassure her that you think she's great and her sexual choices are her own affair, but you want her to be safe and around for a long time because you love her.
Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winter
Activist
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you guys

My parents are really hesitant to talk like things about that with us. You guys are a big help

------------------
"Can't this wait til I'm old?"-Phish
hannah@atarikid.com

Posts: 53 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.