Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » is it bad to cry?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it bad to cry?
aleox
Activist
Member # 145

Icon 13 posted      Profile for aleox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got this really stupid problem...
I cry a lot. At stupid things, like movies, or when I'm worried.
When I cry infront of my boyfriend he thinks it's sweet and kisses my tears away but I think it's wrong to cry all the time, am I too soft? I know I worry to much...how can I stop worrying so much as well.
Thanx
x

------------------
Love can't be explained...it's just sitting there looking smiley!

Posts: 109 | From: Birmingham, West Midlands, UK | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MysteryGirl
Activist
Member # 573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By no means is crying ever bad. It's a way to express your feelings and yourself in general. Don't feel shame in crying at all. You may just be an emotional person. I know I cry when things get rough and everything builds up. It something you to do release feelings. I wouldn't say it was wrong to cry at all. Crying is a good method of release because you aren't harming anyone or anything when you do it. I wouldn't say you were too soft, no. I would say you're just a sensitive person. Nothing's wrong with being sensitive either.
You can't really stop worry. I suppose you can face your worries and try to overcome them. Other than that, I really don't know. I wouldn't say you have a problem or anything, it's all right to cry.

------------------
"Growing older is MANDATORY, growing up is OPTIONAL."

Posts: 91 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
crying is not bad. sure, you're sappy, but what's wrong with that?

i don't cry. and people think i'm cruel and heartless.

actually, i do cry, but it's 'cause i'm completely neurotic.

------------------
i think you're special ... and i don't mean that in a short bus kind of way

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have that same problem! I cry over things like movies, friends, stupid worries, and sometimes when I just feel bad. Really, I think we're normal (it just means you're sensitive). There's nothing wrong with that! Try not worry about it, O>K?

------------------
*^Lucky^*

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deegurl143
Activist
Member # 353

Icon 14 posted      Profile for deegurl143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as everyone has said it's normal to cry. i cry ALL the time. so much that to other people it gets old. it's like amaya on the real world hawaii....VERY SENSITIVE. if i fight with my dad...i cry. if i fight with my bf i cry. no matter what we fight about. the tears just come out. so don't worry you aren't alone and it's NORMAL.

------------------
~*GoDdEsS oF lOvE aNd BeAuTy*~

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
JaMeS & DoReEn 4eVeR
^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Posts: 269 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stutter
Neophyte
Member # 448

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stutter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
to repeat: no way is crying ever bad. I excuse it as releasing stress chemicals (that's a scientific fact; that's why you feel so much better afterwards). I cry at really stupid little things, but not at the bigger more important things. people think that's weird. *I* think it's weird but there's not a lot I can do about it. I don't know how you can stop worrying about things so much: I haven't worked it out for myself yet. I think you just have to learn to accept yourself.

jen

Posts: 5 | From: Perth. WA. Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aleox
Activist
Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aleox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx you guys
I suppose I was just embarrassed cos I thought that crying too much made me look soppy.
I'm going on holiday now...I'll see ya in a week
xx

------------------
Love can't be explained...it's just sitting there looking smiley!

Posts: 109 | From: Birmingham, West Midlands, UK | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BROADWAY_BABY
Neophyte
Member # 872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BROADWAY_BABY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no no it's ok to cry! Hey i think i saw you on missgirl.com. It was the same post!

------------------
Don't hate me becaue i'm beautiful...hate me becuz your b/f thinks i am.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's better to be pissed then to be pissed on.
Love's a sensation caused by temptation...a guy sticks his location in a gurlz destination...to increase population...ofthe next generation...do you understand my explanation? Or do you need a
demonstration?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
in the words of Courtney Love...if you treat a woman like a dog she'll piss on you!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Posts: 25 | From: in my own little world where my Imagination lives. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Musickat01
Activist
Member # 272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Musickat01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my goodness.. I am the same way. These past 3 weeks, I think I have cried everyday but twice. I am such a crybaby and I keep on thinking I am getting on everyones nerves with it. Infact. I think that because I am really starting to get on my nerves. But last friday, I broke up with my boyfriend of 1 1/2 years and I found out I may have diabetes. So I have been going through a lot an dI think my life is in teh pits right now but I cry all the time anyway. I think its dumb. Boohoo..:-( anyway.. I hope I am normal too!! :-)

------------------
Give it all you got.. and if that doesn't work, give it some more!!!

Posts: 145 | From: Dover, Delaware USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d1TzY8
Activist
Member # 372

Icon 9 posted      Profile for d1TzY8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cry about EVERYTHING under the sun...LoL

I cry when *N SYNC comes to Kansas City and IIIII dont get to meet them..(everytime..and i have been to 5 of their concerts..LoL)

I cry when there's a sad part in a movie (Armageddon was a TEAR JERKER for me)

I cried the other day when i had to leave my sister..we moved her to TX and I live in Kansas...

I cry over SOOO many things...I hit a bird the other day and cried about that.

Im a wuss...

------------------
The *SeXiEsT* guys wear NOTHING but a smile!

Posts: 316 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Innocence
Neophyte
Member # 978

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Miss Innocence     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you're going through. I never cried at all until I met my boyfriend. He's my first, we've been going out for almost a year. Now I find myself getting emotional at hardly anything. At movies, under stress, sometimes for no particular reason at all, except tiny little grievances. Usually it's because all these little bothers add up to make me really upset.

It's sort of surprising to me when I'm mildly upset and start crying in the middle of a conversation. I also feel rather ashamed when it happens, but oh well.

Personally, I think it's good to cry, so long as it's not *too* often. Crying lets out all your pent up emotions, so you don't take them out on other people (as much).

Posts: 7 | From: Washington | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandy
Neophyte
Member # 244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only that crying is great to release your feelings, but for your eyes also! I read once in an article that tears clean up the surface of the eye balls, and keep them healthy.
I also read that if you hold on to crying too much, tension accumulates in other zones of your body and it can be detrimental.
I cry a lot, maybe for reasons people think are stupid, and I like doing it because it feels great afterwards, you're all relaxed!

Posts: 30 | From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Join the club. I cry when I see those soft hearted commercials, I even cried when I saw that Pokemon Movie. Pathetic aren't I.
I was watching some sports and it was about the Iron man, I think, and there was a disabled man running the corse, in his wheelchair. He had help, someone was pushing him and runnig also. He was determined to make it. It was so touching and encouraging and it was so inspiring. He made it to the fifnish line and man did I cry.
There were also so many other people and they were so happy. I felt good inside. It's fine to cry. Though sometimes sad trears arn't so great, but you just have to let them out. It's like a cleansing of the soul.

------------------
Jenny kissed me when we met, jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get sweets into your list, put that in:
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, say that health and wealth have missed me, say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

[This message has been edited by Spiral (edited August 24, 2000).]

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeKtik
Neophyte
Member # 1049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HeKtik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think crying is all cool..its a way many people let there emotions out. Plus crying doesnt meen your sad all the time either, crying can be a very happy event too. I see crying as showing how u feel or how you care about some certain feeling or emotion that u see or have.
Posts: 6 | From: PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoXo Chasez
Neophyte
Member # 590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoXo Chasez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I totally think it's okay. I cry infront of my boyfriend too.. (I try not too, but it happens) but he's so sweet about it and so are my friends. I know it's something I can't control very well.. LoL.

------------------
"Always look forward to the best of everything, or else you might miss out." ~ me
--------------------
* __ sarah __ *

Posts: 29 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sometimes i cry when i get so pissed of.
I can't control my emotions so I go crazy.
I have a bad temper and it sucks sometimes. I can be a total bit**. Emotions run wild and there are so many of them. But sometimes you have to let it out, and when you do it feels good.

------------------
Jenny kissed me when we met, jumping from the chair she sat in;
Time, you thief, who love to get sweets into your list, put that in:
Say I'm weary, say I'm sad, say that health and wealth have missed me, say I'm growing old, but add,
Jenny kissed me.
-Leigh Hunt
(1838)

Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winter
Activist
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that if anything, crying is really good for you. It cleanses your soul...it's better to cry than to keep it all in.

I cry at a lot of stupid things. Especially music. Certain songs make me cry EVERYTIME I HEAR THEM, if it's just because it's a sad song (a long december by the counting crows) or because it has personal significance to me which makes it sad (malibu by hole).

------------------
"Can't this wait til I'm old?"-Phish
hannah@atarikid.com

Posts: 53 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KristenNicole
Neophyte
Member # 1089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KristenNicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cry a lot too. I cry whenever I say goodbye to my boyfriend on the phone (I'm 4 hours away in college right now). I cry when I get the slightest bit upset about something, or worried, just like you. It's not a bad thing to cry...I actually talked to my (high school) psychologist about it at one point. He said it's a very natural, and even healthy thing for someone my age (I was 17 at the time) to do. How old are you? I'm also on my way to becoming a psychology major, so I'm slowly learning about emotions and the like. If you ever need to talk to someone, you can email me anytime, I'd be glad to try to help in anyway...
Posts: 11 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KristenNicole
Neophyte
Member # 1089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KristenNicole     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um, yeah...by the way, my email is fruitloop@the-genius.com
Posts: 11 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aleox
Activist
Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aleox     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx alot you guys *aw shucks*
On Thursday I cried alot, everything was ontop of me, lots of painful memories. My boyfriend was so sweet. He kept hugging me and wouldn't leave till I stopped crying. I don't know why I cried so much that day...I felt terrible. I feel better now though

I was thinking, isn't it strange that we cry, and when stuff gets too much you just have to realise your emotions...just like what they said in city of angels (that film makes me cry )

Anyway, thanx for all the advice...I still feel weird about crying a lot, but at least I know other people express their emotions too!

------------------
"#Oh what are you really looking for? Another partner in your life to abuse and to adore? Is it lovey dovey stuff, do you need a bit of rough? Get on your knees.
Yeah, turn down the love songs that you hear 'cause you can't avoid the sentiment that echoes in your ear. Saying love will stop the pain, saying love will kill the fear, do you believe? You must believe#"-Robbie William

Oo_Lisa_oO
Neophyte
Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oo_Lisa_oO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same problem! I cry all the time. Sometimes I start to cry, and I don't even know what I am crying about!! My bf says that it kinda makes him feel bad that I cry so much, but that he understands that that is just how I am.
Posts: 15 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cry all of the time.

When somebody says something sentimental, even if it's not directed towards me. If they compliment me in any way I cry or feel the need to.

Anybody else?

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl13
Neophyte
Member # 10363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cry at commercials if it makes anyone feel better..but that might have to do with these darn hormones..but even before i got pregnant i cried alot..i cried at movies i cried when Gandalf supposedly died in the fellowship of the ring i cried at A walk to remember I cried at My Girl..i cried when brother got married i cried when i found out the little girl down the streets grandmother died....so if that makes anyone feel better

Becka

------------------
The mind is like a parachute, it only works if it's open - Steven Tyler

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babygurl13
Neophyte
Member # 10363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babygurl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and Ryan thinks its adorable the way i am so emotional and sappy...i even used to cry when there was no more soda left or i didnt get my way<-but that has been over since i got pregnant i kinda matured so now i only cry at sad things and beautiful things->

Becka

------------------
The mind is like a parachute, it only works if it's open - Steven Tyler

Posts: 32 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cry at EVERYTHING!!!

I mean, I cried on the E.T ride and the Spiderman ride because "they were just so beautiful" in Universal Studios, Orlando.

I cry at every movie imaginable.

Last year, when we thought my P.E teacher was leaving, I cried the whole way through our last class with her...

When I do badly in tests I cry, when I'm hungry beyond reason I cry....

Trust me, its ok to cry...

I feel so much better after a tearful outburst in the bathroom...

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cup of Joe
Neophyte
Member # 10643

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cup of Joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I used to think there was something wrong with crying, that guys weren't supposed to cry. It wasn't "manly." But now I don't care. Alot of things make me cry and you know what? It feels good to let things out.
Posts: 34 | From: Old Bridge, NJ, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.