Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Dating ~ Places to go

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dating ~ Places to go
MysteryGirl
Activist
Member # 573

Icon 5 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't date or get out often and I was just wondering what there was to really DO when going out. What places could you actually go to? Taking into consideration I'm underage. Of course places differ from city to city ... but general ideas are welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

------------------
"Growing older is MANDATORY, growing up is OPTIONAL."

Posts: 91 | From: Michigan, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about stuff like putt-putt golf or bowling? They're goofy, but that's part of the fun.
Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a big fan of outdoor dates: the beach, taking a hike in a forest preserve, hitting a festival or event outside, picnics and so forth.

Plus, most outdoor things are free, which is a major bonus.

Miniature golf is always fun, too, as Lady pointed out.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like the idea of dates where you have to interact with your date. Going to the movies is tough because you sit there in silence for an hour and a half. Something where you walk around and talk is cool because it lets you get to know the person better.
Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Musickat01
Activist
Member # 272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Musickat01     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, since i have been dating Mike fro a long time now.. We can go to the movies because we know everything about each other. lol. Well this is what we have done

1. movies
2. bowling
3.rollerblading
4. bicycle riding
5. camping
6. hiking
7. hanging out at either ones houses
8. put a piuzzle together
9. went to a swimming pool
10. went to a football game
11.picnic
12. took our little brothers to the movies
13. went out to eat

and probably a whole bunch more!!

------------------
Give it all you got.. and if that doesn't work, give it some more!!!

Posts: 145 | From: Dover, Delaware USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I live in a little suburb, and if you want something interesting to do you kinda gotta drive into town...and Houston is crazy driving (lotsa one way streets) AND my boyfriend and I are always without money, so here are a few of the ways we've gotten creative on dating:

Parks are good. However, bugs and heat are bad.

Bowling is good, but can be expensive.

Do you like coffee? Coffee shops are good.

There is always the movies. Money. And gas prices are SO high right now!

mm...I like to cook him dinner. That's fun, it's really romantic, and if you enjoy that sort of thing, can make you feel really good and let him know you really care about him.

two words: Blockbuster Video.

computer games!

bleh, but necessary occasionally: shopping.

You can always go out to eat, but again, fund$.

mm...walking the dog/cat/bird/lizard/horse/bunny?

playing board games.

trooping over to someone's house and just hanging out. *free!*

he's going to come over tomorrow afternoon and help me bleach/dye my hair...does that count? the green is fading out...*smirks*

if I think of any more I'll post 'em...

~lemming

------------------
"Two little girls, growing out of their training bras/This little girl breaks furniture, this little girl breaks laws/Two girls together, each a little less alone..." ~Ani DiFranco, "Two Little Girls"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spiral
Activist
Member # 533

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Spiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GO BOWLING. It's fun and competitive.
Posts: 88 | From: Los angeles,Ca,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Go walking in the cemetary, and have deep thoughts.

------------------
MASTURBATING IS NOT A CRIME

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
theglitztiger
Neophyte
Member # 664

Icon 12 posted      Profile for theglitztiger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love places like county fairs or local boardwalks .. you can have plenty to talk about and the rides are especialy fun when your on them with yer hunnie
Posts: 27 | From: nj usa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
winter
Activist
Member # 991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for winter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coffee houses are good, and that can usually be accomplished for under $10. (And there are lots of things you can get there that aren't coffee...in case you aren't sure if your date likes coffee or not, hehe)

Concerts are awesome dates

If you and your date are into art, an art gallery or show is really fun.

------------------
"Can't this wait til I'm old?"-Phish
hannah@atarikid.com

Posts: 53 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lemming, good ideas! And of course that made me laugh...can you imagine?

As Brittany looked deep into her crush's eyes, she realized now was the perfect time to ask him out. "Hey," she said softly. "Yeah?" he asked in anticipation. "Do you want to come with me to..." she said, trailing off. "To what?" he asked. "To walk my rabbit and lizard."

Heehee!!! But does he agree to the date? You'll never know! And no I didn't really do that. I don't have a lizard or bunny to walk..but hey I have a rock named speedy! I just have to get him a leash...

Brittany

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.