Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Healthy not Anorexic. Please help me out!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Healthy not Anorexic. Please help me out!
Cherryslurpee
Neophyte
Member # 311

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Cherryslurpee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always been kinda big for my age. I have a large frame and I am athletic, so I am not skinny, but not fat. I decided I wanted to lose some weight...and I've lost like 15 pounds over the Summer. I'm happy about that, and now I'm in the "desirable" weight range. (even though I'm not sure I really believe in that, it can't be a bad thing to be there) The thing is, I really don't know what I should be eating to keep losing weight, without hurting myself. Does anyone know some good sites or anything of that sort to go to? I'm sort of scared I'm becoming a bit anorexic, and that's not what I want.
Thanks!!
Post, or Mail me at Cherryslurpee@chickmail.com

------------------
Chubuchots!
Lexi

Posts: 12 | From: Austin,Tx, Usa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AmakusaShiroTokisada
Neophyte
Member # 403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AmakusaShiroTokisada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gah girls these days keeps worrying about being fat. If you've lost 15 pounds then that should be good enough. I think you should just keep it at that and eat healthy. As long as you're not a sumo then lossing 15 pounds should be good enough.

Gee... I feel so unprotected without Prince Shanan and his Holy Sword...

Posts: 26 | From: Kirby's Dreamland, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lexi. Good for you for thinking of your health! We want you guys around and healthy for a good long time.

In any event, in my experience, the best thing to do to maintain weight healthfully is to figure out how many calories you are burning each day, and then eat enough to take IN that many calories, not more or less.

In addition, if you're eating a well-balanced diet or proteins, carbs, fats and vegetables/fruits, without having too muchy of any one thing, you should stay pretty healthy.

Overall, anorexics tend to eat only the minutest amounts imaginable, obsess about food night and day, and never, ever think they are thin enough. That's a very broad generalization, but those things are usually true of most.

More than anything, if you understand food as a support system for your body and mind, rather than an enemy out to get you, or as a substitute for other emotional things, it's hard to really go wrong.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Lexi. Good for you for thinking of your health! We want you guys around and healthy for a good long time.

In any event, in my experience, the best thing to do to maintain weight healthfully is to figure out how many calories you are burning each day, and then eat enough to take IN that many calories, not more or less.

In addition, if you're eating a well-balanced diet or proteins, carbs, fats and vegetables/fruits, without having too muchy of any one thing, you should stay pretty healthy.

Overall, anorexics tend to eat only the minutest amounts imaginable, obsess about food night and day, and never, ever think they are thin enough. That's a very broad generalization, but those things are usually true of most.

More than anything, if you understand food as a support system for your body and mind, rather than an enemy out to get you, or as a substitute for other emotional things, it's hard to really go wrong.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~sullengirl~
Neophyte
Member # 45

Icon 8 posted      Profile for ~sullengirl~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HEY THERE EVERYONE! UM. I PERSONALY THINK THAT I'M A BIT OVER WEIGHT, AND WELL I THINK THAT BOTH WAYS R UNLUCKY. I MEAN I HAD A FRIEND WHO PPL CALL ANOREXIC AND ONE OF MY OTHER FRIENDS IS ALSO KINDA THIN, AND SHE HATES IT SO MUCH AND COMPLAINS, BUT I CONSIDER HER LUCKY. I THINK I'LL GET HER 2 WRITE A REPLY CAUSE SHE CAN RELATE 2 IT MORE THAN I CAN.
THANX.
LOVE YA LOTS

------------------
*~*~Lux~*~*

Posts: 34 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.