Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Celebrity Relationship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Celebrity Relationship
SmartyPants
Neophyte
Member # 265

Icon 5 posted      Profile for SmartyPants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am in a difficult situation. I met this really great guy (who believe it or not happens to be one of today's top celebrities) and we hit it off great! We spent two days together. Just before we left, he kissed me. I later learned that he doesn't usually kiss fans, so naturally I was a little excited about the whole thing. We kept in touch through his Official Website when he would come to chat. A few months ago, his site switched servers and the chat is a little different so we can't talk like we used to. I don't even know if he knows I go there! (I didnít know about the switch for the longest time. I lucky I even found the new site!) I've written several letters to him unanswered (which can be explained because he's so busy). Should I wait it out? Do you think he's still interested? Thanks!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*ShellerBabe*
Activist
Member # 252

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *ShellerBabe*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think hes still interested, but hes probably very busy. did you get his phone number? if so try calling him. By the way, who is this celebrity? im dieing to know! thanks
~michele

Posts: 117 | From: America..~*hehe*~ | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmartyPants
Neophyte
Member # 265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmartyPants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry, but I can't say who it is. Privacy is a big issue, and I hope you can understand that. Believe me, this is all new to me too and I have to adjust to it also. No, I didn't get his phone number. I decided that if he wanted to talk to me over the phone, I'd just let him volunteer his phone number. I'm sure he gets that sort of stuff a lot, so I didn't want to press. (He does have mine. Well, actually, he has my old one. I wrote to him with my new one, but I don't know if he got it.) As of right now, unless he contacts me all I can do is write and attend his chats. When I ask questions at his chat(s), I try to drop little hints that it's me, but half the time the chat moderators end up taking them out for whatever reason. I'm running out of ideas, and I don't want to write too many letters just in case he is getting them I don't want to come across as an obsessed fan! Does anyone have any ideas? I am totally open to them!
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend once dated a rock star, but he was mainly just interested in having a lot of sex with her. I hope things work out better for you in your situation.
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmartyPants
Neophyte
Member # 265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmartyPants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sex has never really come up. As far as I know, we're just friends. (At times, I'm still a little confused about the kiss though.) :-)
ComedyHQ
Activist
Member # 194

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ComedyHQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's cool! I wish you could tell us who it is, but understand why you can't. :-)
Posts: 42 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the most part, "celebrities" or people whom many people know of, really aren't different from anyone else.

In other words, if they're interested in you, they'll call, write back, or give you some "in" to their life. Without raining on parades, a lot of people are very busy, but you know, we write back or keep up when it's important or we're interested. I don't think someone leaving letters unanswered is simply a sign of business, it's a sign of priorities.

If he has your number and your email, for now, I'd actually let it ride, were it me. I'd also on numerous levels treat him just like anyone else, even in terms to general courtesy and what you're excusing him from.

I work upwards sometimes of 100 hours a week, and I make time for who I care about. I've had a lot of friends who are well-known musicians, authors or actors, and the truth is, they're no more or less busy based on fame or success. If they're interested in someone, they'll pursue it just as avidly as the next guy.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 25 June 2000).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celise
Activist
Member # 196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, to me it soulnds like he really never wanted a relationship, I think that if he wanted something like a relationship he would have got in contact with you. How long has it been?? He may have not wanted a relationship but maybe just to hand out. It soulds to me if he really cared he could have contacted you to do something or talk or whatever, he would have enough time to do that.
Posts: 89 | From: Newton, NC, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SmartyPants
Neophyte
Member # 265

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SmartyPants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry it took me so long to get back to the boards. :-) Ummm, it's been a few months since I talked to him. I got an e-mail message from a few mutual friends though, who gave me their advice and what they thought. I think I'm going to wait it out.
:-)

Thanks guys!

~SP

P.S. I'm happy for you Steve...

Cherryslurpee
Neophyte
Member # 311

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Cherryslurpee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GR!
You lucky chica! That's awesome that you got to meet a celebrity! But you know what? I wouldn't take this to seriously. He may just have been being nice to a fan. Also, there may be an age difference....(I don't know?) It's fun to keep in touch, but don't expect a lot out of this guy. Meanwhile, find a great guy near you to crush on!

[This message has been edited by Cherryslurpee (edited 28 June 2000).]

Posts: 12 | From: Austin,Tx, Usa | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Neophyte
Member # 287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was kidding. Sorry bout that.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.