Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » Anger

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anger
StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Icon 8 posted      Profile for StilQuackn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have anger problems. Sometimes I don't even realize things make me angry and then one thing will piss me off and I'll just explode and think about everything that bothers me.
I don't feel like hurting myself or other people but I feel like breaking things. In fact I do usually break something or throw things. It makes me feel like a little kid having a temper tantrum.
I also feel guilty for getting so mad at pointless things because I'm from good family, we have enough money and I've always had what I wanted. I don't mean I'm spoiled or anything but I think I have a pretty easy life. What should I do about my anger?

Posts: 34 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you could have a psychological problem. I think you should go see a therapist, before you get into trouble by breaking something or even hurting somebody!!
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StilQuackn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I have broken things at school and gotten in trouble. I just don't know how to tell my parents I need help with my anger.
Posts: 34 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try telling your school nurse or guidance office. Maybe they can help you get to see one.
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StilQuackn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, thanks. But, uh, school is out right now. I'm fine right now because I don't have to deal with the stress of school. And I don't think medication is a good idea for me because I'd probably just sell it or something. I don't like taking medicine.
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I totally identify. Sometimes I have anger problems, too. I don't know what to do with myself, and by the time I'm finished deciding whether or not to hurt myself, the anger is gone...
Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Neophyte
Member # 287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of the time, we don't have the luxury of dealing with stress. We set it aside and our emotions build up over time and something simpe can cause you to explode.

The best thing to do, in my oppinion, is to set aside time everyday in the afternoons or evenings to vent your emotions. One of the ways I do it is through physical activity. Go roller-blading or something. If your not into sports, you could just talk to a friend about what's bothering you, or if you can't do that, keep a journal.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Activist
Member # 374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ophelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i know what you are going through, and i guess that i just want you to know that you aren't the only one...
Posts: 72 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ComedyHQ
Activist
Member # 194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComedyHQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try finding an outlet for your anger. Get involved in something. I have a friend who would get so mad, but she found something she was interested in and used it to express her anger. (She took up painting and I have seen really *really* beautiful pieces come from her when she's angry) I don't know what your beliefs are, and I'm not trying to push mine onto you, but I believe in reincarnation and past lives. You might have an issue to deal with from a past life that you are not aware of. That could explain why you don't know why you're angry. Then again I could be completely wrong too! My best advice is try to find something creative to put your energies into when you go through your anger spouts.
Posts: 42 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ComedyHQ
Activist
Member # 194

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ComedyHQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. Wow, I'm a mentor now! Yay!
Posts: 42 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pretty.hate.machine
Neophyte
Member # 132

Icon 12 posted      Profile for pretty.hate.machine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...I know what your talking about I can totally relate to it. I have such an anger problem. I'm usually very good at controlling my temper but lately I've been going through some crap and just can't seem to stay in control. I actually just got arrested a few weeks for assualt. But anyway lately I've been doing better. I've found other ways of channeling my anger, instead of just breaking stuff. When you loose your temper just try and calm down and relax do somethng you enjoy like taking a walk or such. Good luck!

------------------
..now I lay me down to sleep.
...I pray the funk will make me freak.
..If I should die before I waked.
...allow me lord to rock out naked.

Posts: 3 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've been a mentor for a while now, Comedy, you just didn't have the tag.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ComedyHQ
Activist
Member # 194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ComedyHQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miz Scarlet:
You've been a mentor for a while now, Comedy, you just didn't have the tag.

:-) Thanks Miz S.!

StilQuackn
Neophyte
Member # 103

Thanks for all the help. I am now talking drum lessons which helps me a lot. I'm also writing my first book which is a mixture of my daily journal and my thoughts and dreams. Thanks again.
ComedyHQ
Activist
Member # 194

quote:
Originally posted by StilQuackn:
Thanks for all the help. I am now talking drum lessons which helps me a lot. I'm also writing my first book which is a mixture of my daily journal and my thoughts and dreams. Thanks again.

That's great! Good for you! Good luck! :-)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.