Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » The Randoms » VERY PISSED OFF

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VERY PISSED OFF
LaLaLaLa
Neophyte
Member # 65

Icon 8 posted      Profile for LaLaLaLa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok let me tell you why. We have an extra tv ok. Yesterday I asked my mom if I could have it. She said no. Today I found out my brother asked for it (today) and my mom gave it to him! (by the way he is 19 im 13 and he still lives at my house) I asked him why he gets it and he said cuz cable is already hooked up to his room. (he has his own computer and he can watch tv on it. so tecnically he has a tv already) I asked my mom why I didnt get it and she said she didnt want to carry it upstairs(I live on the second floor and my brother lives on the first and the tv is on the first.) I got pissed and went away yelling I should get it cuz I asked first. Later I asked her again why I didn't get the tv and she said because she forgot I had asked so oveusally she is lying. My brother said he gets it and took it to his room. Im mad I think I should get the tv do u guys? I mean my brother had a tv but it broke and he has one on his computer. I dont have a computer(I had an old one but my sister stole it from me!) My brother has a job he should buy his own tv! I cant buy one cuz I dont have a job! THIS IS SO NOT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 34 | From: beverly hills, Ca, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should wait until your main wave of anger has passed, and then write a note to your mother, explaining VERY calmly why you think this was unfair. The reason I suggest writing a note is because often, in spite of our best intentions, when we start to explain things verbally, we get carried away. You also run the risk that your mother might cut you off before you finish stating your case.

Make sure you remain calm while you are writing (or that your tone does anyway), because if you seem to be throwing a tantrum (or if you lose your temper to her face) she is likely to see a whining little girl, but if you present your case calmly, she is more likely to see you as a mature young lady whose opinions are worth consideration. Then, once you have calmly written it all down, suggest at the end of your note that maybe the two of you could have a talk (but remember, if she does come to talk to you as a result, remain CALM ).

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like typical sexist crap, with parents always favoring the boys. Just keep on fighting with them untill your parents realize the unfairness of it all, and get you a TV too!!

[This message has been edited by HotGrrl99 (edited June 18, 2000).]

Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaLaLaLa
Neophyte
Member # 65

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaLaLaLa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well my mom says that he gets it cuz he is 19 so once again she is making up another reason. My brother had a tv that broke and my mom said I could have it when its fixed but I know that will never happen. *sign* my mom will just let him keep it.
Posts: 34 | From: beverly hills, Ca, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wear*a*smile!
Activist
Member # 161

Icon 8 posted      Profile for wear*a*smile!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hotgrrrrl, how can u say its sexist crap??? these are parents, they are not going to be sexist. god.
anyway, you're brother is older, so he may have more rights. i would be pretty pissed too, and i bet my parents would do the same thing. maybe you should take you're own advice, and maybe u should get a job. maybe u can do odd jobs, or babysit??? think it up, if u think it u can do it!!

wear*a*smile
PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE, TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!!

Posts: 139 | From: San Ramon, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wear*a*smile!
Activist
Member # 161

Icon 11 posted      Profile for wear*a*smile!     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HOTGRRL, HOW CAN U SAY THAT THIS IS SEXIST CRAP?? THESE ARE PARENTS, GOD!!
anyway, to answer ur question, your parents probably gave the television to your brother because he is oldest, and he has elder rights. maybe u should take ur own advice and get a job. if your too young to work at someplace like mcdonalds are something, try babysitting or odd jobs. if u want something in this world, u can't sit on your butt and complain,u have to do something about it. if u make good money in time, u can maybe buy an even BETTER t.v. and make your brother jealous, hehe, that way you'd get what u wanted, and make your brother jealous, two birds with one stone!
wear*a*smile
PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE, TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE!!

Posts: 139 | From: San Ramon, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
angelgurl
Neophyte
Member # 221

Icon 13 posted      Profile for angelgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think that u prob should get the TV but parents are sometimes unfair that way.... suck it up and quit whinin about it .....most likely they won't submit to your desire 4 the tv if u whine about it <if i came off rude i totally apologize >

------------------
bye guys!!:)

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissKitty
Neophyte
Member # 222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you tried telling your mom all you've told us and it hasn't worked just go in your brothers room and use his tv all the time, hehehehe j/k! But if you have to accept the situation then accept it before there's confontation.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HotGrrl99
Activist
Member # 105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotGrrl99     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tell your 'rents to buy you a new TV! That's what I'd do! (But then again, I'm a spoiled brat!)
Posts: 384 | From: Malibu, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I have never owned a television in my life, and I can't tell you how thankful I am I grew up away from the mind-numbing shadow of television.

So, if all else fails, you could go without the darn thing and realize how many other excellent things you miss out on when you're glued to a tube.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 22 June 2000).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoejoeBaby854
unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
If you really want the tv and your mom says you cyou can't b/c she already gave it to your brother. ask her if you can share it with him. Try to bring up the fact he already has a tv in his room(the computer) and if that doesn't work write a note to your brother and your mom explaining why you think it is unfair. you can all so ask your dad to buy you a new tv if all else fails

------------------
QAS23DF34~
*SMILES*

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve
Neophyte
Member # 287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Life sucks sometimes. However, I doubt that the issue is sexism, or favour-itism. Maybe she just didn't want to carry it up the stairs? Is it really big, cause if it's like 64 inches and your on another floor, than I can see your mothers point. If it's like 13 inches, then I side w/you. I agree that you should just talk to your mom maturely and calmly (and if that doesn't work, you can always steal it)

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.