Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Is decidual bleeding accompanied by severe cramps?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is decidual bleeding accompanied by severe cramps?
phantom123
Neophyte
Member # 110637

Icon 5 posted      Profile for phantom123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello guys,

I'm just wondering if decidual bleeding is accompanied by cramps as severe as dysmenorrhea and bleeding that could last for up to 4-5 days? I've been looking around the net to find an answer but to no avail. Thanks.

Posts: 6 | From: Philippines | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has your girlfriend still not taken a pregnancy test?

If not, that really needs to be the first step if and when someone is concerned they may be pregnant or not. Trying to figure that out otherwise like this just is not sound. Additionally, if and when someone has earnestly been at risk of pregnancy, putting off testing is very strongly not advised.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phantom123
Neophyte
Member # 110637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phantom123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no she still hasnt taken a test yet. I suggested it before to her during the time when we were both freaking about her period being late but she refused as she is too afraid to take it for some reason. After she got her period i stopped bothering her about pregnancy and kept it to myself by looking for symptoms and stuff without her knowing. I've been like this for like 3 months now. her 3 periods were reassuring but can't still shake the feeling. If she gets her period this month, which is 5 days from now, I will leave these thoughts behind.

[ 08-04-2014, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: phantom123 ]

Posts: 6 | From: Philippines | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trying to figure out what's going on with someone else's body, based on symptoms that could be caused by any number of things, really isn't going to give you any useful information. If your girlfriend is still concerned, then she needs to take a pregnancy test: that's all there is to it. And, if she is no longer worried, and chooses not to test, then that is also up to her: the only thing you can do now is figure out how to deal with your anxiety. One option is to see a mental healthcare provider.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.