Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pre Ejaculate on clothing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pre Ejaculate on clothing
bwoo5789
Neophyte
Member # 110941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwoo5789     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I have read all of the Scarlteen articles on ejaculate and pregnancy risk, but not sure this situation is covered by them.

My fiance and I were engaging in foreplay. I leaked a few drops of precum on my shirt, then got up and left the room for a about 2 minutes. When I came back we engaged in oral sex, but the precum on my shirt may have come into contact with her vulva, and then I fingered her. There was no direct genital contact or vaginal sex. Would the precum on the shirt be able to cause pregnancy? I know it cannot go through clothing,but what about on the surface of clothing? She was on day 15 of her cycle. I had not ejaculated in 2-3 days. Does this situation warrant purchasing EC?
Thanks for the help!

Posts: 3 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've answered your own question: no direct genital contact means pregnancy is not a concern, and EC isn't needed. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bwoo5789
Neophyte
Member # 110941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwoo5789     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! So just to ensure I have my facts straight, once precum comes in contact with any fabric at all it is no longer viable to cause a pregnancy? This being the same reason it cannot penetrate even one thin layer of clothing? Thanks so much for your knowledge and assitance!
Posts: 3 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Onionpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 41699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Onionpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As soon as there are stops on pre-ejaculate/ejaculate's journey on the way to the vulva, the chances of pregnancy go out of the window. Sperm are incredibly fragile so the only things that really pose a risk are direct genital-to-genital or fluid-directly-out-of-the-genital (for example, if someone ejaculated onto a vulva) contact.
Posts: 1311 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bwoo5789
Neophyte
Member # 110941

Thanks for the help!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.