Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » minor detail

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: minor detail
BigFish
Neophyte
Member # 110604

Icon 11 posted      Profile for BigFish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A while ago I asked you about a pregnancy scare that I had where I was at a summer ball party and was concerned that my fluids would seep through my clothes to her's and causing a pregnancy. It was very difficult to convince myself to accept the answer until eventually I did. I felt good for a couple of days until I had another pregnancy scare regarding the same situation. Now the problem is I do not remember if my underwear was a pair of briefs or boxer. Why does it matter ? because if it was a brief which is what I think was the case, did not have any opening in the front side (towards the penis) so that would make my situation safe. However I am worried if it was a pair of boxers where these is an opening that my penis with I think dry precum or possible precum might sneak out through the open zipper of my pants and come in contact with her vulva. what is the risk in that situation and how can I move on ?
Posts: 15 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You already know from previous conversations with us that if you were not being sexual with someone, pregnancy is not going to happen.

You know, too, that anxiety is the issue here. Have you started receiving the extra help for anxiety that you mentioned to us? If you have, what has that person or service suggested to you about this?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigFish
Neophyte
Member # 110604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigFish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But through reading your it says that whenever there is genital to genital contact there is a risk...so I am worried about that. also I just finished my clearance stage ..so now I will book an appointment for the real treatment for my fears.
Posts: 15 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, there has to be direct genital to genital contact (as in no barriers), and that is something you would have noticed had is occurred. Our answer about the risk of this situation has not changed.

Once you book that appointment, I would make your anxiety around this issue one of the first things you bring up, so that the person you're talking to can help you come up with some tips for managing it.

[ 07-21-2014, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigFish
Neophyte
Member # 110604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigFish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand... and I also understand that you can't tell what happened or help with anxiety issues. Also when I first mentioned my scare I was just concerned with fluids transferring from surfaces and not direct contact ...so obviously no direct contact happened otherwise I would have known. The reason I asked is that I thought that I might get a different advice than the one I just said...or something that might comfort me. again I know its not your area, but I thought even if there was contact (maybe for a slight contact there isn't a risk or something like that.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, there-there's aren't going to help you manage this anxiety. Have you made that appointment yet?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.