Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » What's going on?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's going on?!
ladybug18
Activist
Member # 96153

Icon 11 posted      Profile for ladybug18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there,

I wanted to ask a question - I really did not want it to sound like a question where it has been answered many times before "Could i be pregnant?" However, I'm in a country where I cannot talk to my parents about it nor I cannot speak to the doctors here about pregnancy at a young age, please help me!

Around 2-3 weeks ago my partner and I decided to have unprotected sex(this was the first time we ever had unprotected sex)
As we had unprotected sex - he pulled out since he said he was about to cum - however, I am concerned about pre-cum. We used lube a lot in this case - so when I went to the bathroom and wiped my vagina I saw that I was very wet I'm not really sure what that was? I keep thinking back to the time where I wiped in the bathroom and saw like a very transparent gooey liquid and kept wondering if it was from lube that we used or just my vaginal discharge because I was very aroused. However, there was no sign of cum when I urinated or on my underwear or anything like that. I've asked my partner and he said he was positive that he did not cum inside me - since we only did it for a few minutes but pulled out. So what could it be?

After that, we've been using the condom again - he never does cum inside the condom so I'm not really worried about that part but now I'm 3 days late into my period and I'm just so stressed.

Just yesterday, I noticed white liquid vaginal discharge which is ovulation. I've been experiencing bloating a lot more, acne, mood swings and mild cramping however no sign of period and my period is always early, ALWAYS. So, I'm just so stressed! (and I do know that is also a reason for a late period) Also my routine has changed.

My question is - could I be at risk or not so?

Thank you so much.

Posts: 43 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladybug18
Activist
Member # 96153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladybug18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I added incorrectly - I'm 5 days late*
Posts: 43 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any time you engage in unprotected intercourse, even without ejaculation, then there is a risk of pregnancy. If you're able to access a pregnancy test, one would be accurate by now, so that's an option.

If you say your period's always early, it doesn't sound like your cycle's that regular - how are you keeping track of it? Even if you do tend to get your period around the same time, it's not unusual to have them show up earlier or later from time to time, so that may be what you're seeing here. It does sound like you're describing common premenstrual symptoms, so it may be on its way!

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladybug18
Activist
Member # 96153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladybug18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, great! I'll be going with my partner to get one today.

I usually jot down the dates on the calendar for when I do get my period - and I have a period tracker on my phone! Last month, my period arrived on June 11nth - few days earlier than expected. I will definitely try to get a pregnancy test today!

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would also add that if and when you are in a situation where you are, or just feel, totally unable to access any healthcare or help when it comes to sex, where you feel you cannot even talk to anyone about it?

It really is likely a better choice to opt out of sex, rather than putting yourself in precarious situations. Especially if part of that means being or feeling unable to get and use things like condoms or other reliable safer sex and contraception. Sex can be awesome, for sure, but it is rarely so awesome it is worth taking giant risks with.

I know you have accessed condoms and Plan B in the past, though. Any sense of why, knowing your own situation and what you do and do not want to risk, you did something you know is way more risky than you want?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladybug18
Activist
Member # 96153

I got my period (yay!)

I can definitely speak to my friends about it and they do of course help me. It's just difficult sometimes being in a country where none of that is easy to access - I feel like I did that because I trust my partner - however, I'm the type of person who freaks out about anything or maybe I just really wanted to have sex at the time... [Frown]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.