Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Is it possible I'm pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it possible I'm pregnant?
seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Icon 4 posted      Profile for seashorex100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I did not ever have sex, but the other day he put his penis in between my butt for a few minutes. He did not ejaculate and he said there was no pre-ejaculation because he had done it before. That day I experienced sore boobs and I have been since. I'm not supposed to get my period for another 5 days and I usually don't get sore boobs until the day before my period. What are the chances of me being pregnant? There was no direct contact of the genital region and no ejaculation. Why do my boobs hurt so early before my period I never experienced that before? What do I do if I miss my period? Can I miss it from being so nervous?

--------------------
:)

Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there was no direct genital to genital contact, and your partner did not ejaculate, there was no pregnancy risk. However, you'll want to keep in mind that unprotected anal sex CAN pose a pregnancy risk when your partner does ejaculate, so next time you'll want to put on a condom. That also helps prevent STI transmission.

The fact that your breasts feel sore now does not mean that you are pregnant. Even if you'd become pregnant, it would be waaaay to soon for your body to experience any symptoms from that.

Our bodies are not machines, so we're not always going to experience PMS in exactly the same way, or have our periods start exactly when we expect them to. So, running a little early this month is not really unusual, and doesn't have to mean anything.

Since your period is not due for another 5 days, I'd not worry about it being late just yet. Just try to relax, alright? If and when it's late, we can take it from there.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seashorex100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thank you so much!!! I was just worried because I've never experienced sore boobs for 10 days before.

--------------------

Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seashorex100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you don't believe I even had a pregnancy scare? I'm so nervous that I'm gonna miss my period [Frown]

--------------------

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we can't know exactly what kind of contact you did or didn't have, because we weren't there. But we can tell you what things do and don't have pregnancy risks.

Waiting and being nervous about something is certainly very uncomfortable. Self-Care a La Carte has some suggestions that might help you out.

For the future, having this kind of contact is obviously not something you're comfortable with, as you're so worried now. Would you like to talk about either scaling it back to what you are comfortable with, or about using condoms and/or other contraception, or about how to talk with your boyfriend about those options?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Yes, I think part of the reason I'm so worried is because I wasn't comfortable with doing it. He just moved his penis up and down my butt there was no contact with my genital region and he did not ejaculate.

--------------------

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, sounds like what will probably help you a lot is to have a conversation with him about that and about what you both need to be doing when it comes to seeking consent from each other before doing things.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Thank you guys for the advice. This is a great website. Even though I didn't have a risk I still feel really nervous about it. I know it can't make sense since he didn't ejaculate and there was no direct contact but for some reason I still have the anxiety that there's some kind of chance I'm pregnant. Is this a normal fear?

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you do not know or understand how human reproduction works, it would make sense to be scared.

But we also notice a lot of people scared around pregnancy when there were not real risks often feel that way because something bigger is making them nervous or scared. Like. For instance, when people are not doing consent, so at least one person feels afraid of not having the kind of control over their sexual choices we need to have, and can only get when people are giving us a choice in what they do by asking first. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Thank you SOOO much! So I'm not pregnant?

--------------------

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can not see inside anyone's uterus to know what's going on in there, but it is always safe to say that if someone hasn't had the kind of sexual contact that can cause pregnancy, there's no way that person can indeed become pregnant.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Hi guys,
so I was supposed to get my period today and I didn't get it. I am on vacation and freaking out. I spoke to my mom and she said that airplanes can cause a delay in your period is this true? Reminder, there was no ejaculation and he didn't touch my genital area. What's going on I'm so nervous?

--------------------

seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

I also have little white bumps on my nipples and I'm freaking out I want to cry.

--------------------

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Periods can be late for all kinds of reasons other than pregnancy, and even people with very regular cycles occasionally have a bit of variation. Check it out: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Hi guys just wanted to let you know I got my period three days ago! I just flew on an airplane and I was reading about how different altitudes affect your period. I'm usually on my period for 6 days but it seems like its down to to 4 this month. Is this possible? I don't think it was spotting or anything because it was my normal flow. What are your opinions? I kept reading online sometimes you get your period and girls find out they're pregnant?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Periods vary. That's just a thing that they do, like pretty much everything else about the human body. So, even if yours normally lasts six days, it will not always, and things like travel and stress can affect your body in ways that also have an effect on your cycle.

It is not possible to have a period and be pregnant: periods are the shedding of the uterine lining, which is needed to sustain pregnancy. Sometimes people have bleeding during pregnancy, sometimes those people mistake that bleeding for a period, which it is not.

But.

That is not relevant here, because you did not have a pregnancy risk to begin with. Google is great for a lot of things, but not so hot sometimes for health information, so do yourself a big favour and stay away from googling pregnancy information, okay? That's one very easy way to help yourself feel better.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Hi guys, so I finished my period 3 days ago and now I noticed some pink discharge in my underwear. Last night I threw up but I think I might have a little virus. My flow wasn't as heavy as usual but I'm afraid I could still be pregnant and I feel sick.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

So if you are afraid you are pregnant and want to be assured that you are not with certainty, then what you want to do is to take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

seashorex100
Neophyte
Member # 110790

Is the pink discharge normal?

--------------------

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can read about the different types of discharge here:
Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.