Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Plan B Scare Help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plan B Scare Help?
Ashleys161
Neophyte
Member # 110777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashleys161     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, about 3 weeks ago my boyfriend and I were being irresponsible and had unprotected sex 3 times within an hour and a half. After that I went a bough plan b that day and took it. When we did have sex he never did anything inside of me. A couple of days later I started bleeding like I had a period and it lasted a week. On June 30th I had protected sex but my boyfriend pulled the condom off and I didnt realize until it was on my tummy. That was 5 days before my period was due. My period was due July 5th and im now 4 days late. Im freaking out and I took a pregnancy test last night and it came back negative. Someone please help?
Posts: 4 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ashely,

So, as long as you took the pregnancy test correctly, you can trust the results and assume you're not pregnant. Plan B can make periods irregular, so that's likely what you're experiencing now.

Also, when you mention your boyfriend "pulled the condom off," do you mean he removed it without telling you and continued to have intercourse?

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashleys161
Neophyte
Member # 110777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashleys161     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He took it off because it felt uncomfortable to him and he was thinking he could pull put and everything would be okay and also things would be okay because I took the pill and my period was due in a week. He now knows he made a mistake. Should I test again next week? I have also taken plan b before maybe like 3 months ago when the condom broke. My period came like 2 days late last time but now its 4 days late so it freaked me out.
Posts: 4 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I take it you two have already talked about how safer sex and contraception is always something you need to discuss together, not something he should ever be making decisions about without consulting you? If so, great. If not, it sounds really important that you be sure that is CRYSTAL clear, okay?

Per testing again, that is totally up to you. It's not uncommon for Plan B to throw menstrual cycles out of whack for a few months, so your period being late is not an indication you became pregnant. That negative test did already make clear to you you are not pregnant. But if you would feel best retesting in a week or two, that certainly is something you can do for yourself.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashleys161
Neophyte
Member # 110777

Yes I made it very clear and thank you so much.
Ashleys161
Neophyte
Member # 110777

I have one other question! My period is 5 days late now but im having thick white discharge, backpain, and tender boobs. Could that be pregnancy? If I was pregnant I would almost be 4 weeks.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Heather said, Plan B can throw your cycle out of whack for a while, so that very well may be what's happening. You've taken a test and gotten a negative result, and as long as you followed the directions on the test you can trust that result, but if you want confirmation testing again never hurts.

Thicker discharge, back pain, and tender breasts are something many people experience before a period arrives. Pretty much any pregnancy symptom can be caused by something else as well, so that's not a reliable way to determine pregnancy: a test is the only way to do that, and you've taken one.

[ 07-10-2014, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.