Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Not sure if there was any genital contact.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not sure if there was any genital contact.
Mr. T
Neophyte
Member # 110372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The situation was that my girlfriend and I hadn't seen eachother in a week and half. Before we made out, I was in the shower washing my body and all parts of my genitals. I also peed multiple times that day, reducing the liklihood of precum containing any sperm. I know that manual sex, oral sex, and dry sex all pose zero risk of pregnancy. I have had anxiety with those issues but have realized now after some self-care that they are not a problem and should be done with enjoyment.

So after I came out of the shower, we started to makeout on my bed. She was fully clothed but I was still naked. As I was making out with her, I decided to go down on her and perform oral. In that process, I removed her underwear and pants. My penis never came into contact with her vagina. After that, I moved to the right side of her body and started to perform manual sex. When she had reached her orgasm, she put her pants back on and proceeded to perform oral sex on me.

My main concern with this whole situation was the possibility I touched my penis before performing manual sex. Never did I ejaculate on her vulva, nor did I ejaculate into my hands and immediately perform manual sex. But a big concern is if I accidentally brushed my penis onto her vagina even for a millisecond. I'm almost positive I didn't do that and she has told me multiple times that she was aware of where
My penis was during the whole thing and that it was either on her leg or outside of her leg, never near her vagina. But just in case I'm asking this, if it touched for like .0005 seconds, would there be an actual risk. I think I talk to myself into thinking these irrational thoughts and fears more than the risk actually ever occurring.

Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mr. T,

Honestly, we can't know any more than you do whether there was direct genital contact between you and your girlfriend. Any time there is that direct contact, there is a risk, although brief, incidental contact of course makes it lower. There's no way for us to pinpoint anything more concrete than that.

In the future, you may find it helpful to make sure you and your partner are never both entirely naked at the same time, no matter where you plan to be in relation to her, so you won't have to have these worries afterwards.

(also, I removed your second thread - please don't double-post your topics!)

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. T
Neophyte
Member # 110372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would a very brief contact be anything to worry about?
Posts: 6 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think it's a pretty safe rule of thumb to figure that if a person does not remember having any direct genital contact -- presuming we are not talking about someone intoxicated or otherwise incapacitated -- it is not something they need to concern themselves with.

In other words, these risks occur only with very specific kinds of contact, namely, genital, intercourse or rubbing penis-to-vulva together, both of which are things people almost always, sparing issues like I mentioned above, know they are doing when they are doing them, and will recall doing afterwards.

If that's not the case for you, then it is seriously unlikely you have any of the associated health risks from those activities to be concerned about.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. T
Neophyte
Member # 110372

I know that neither genital intercourse or penis -to-vulva rubbing never occurred. I know for a fact I would never do that because I know those pose risks. So with not taking part in either of those activities, there is no risk?
Mr. T
Neophyte
Member # 110372

In your sentence "genital, intercourse or penis-to-vulva rubbing...", is GENITAL a different part of the sentence or is that just clarifying the rest of the sentence.
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Heather meant to write "genital intercourse or penis to vulva rubbing"
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. T
Neophyte
Member # 110372

With this situation there was never intentional genital to genital rubbing. It was the slight possibility of coming into contact for a brief second. Robin and Heather both said that there was no risk. This situation is identical with mine. Does that mean there is no risk for me too?

http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=54;t=000025;p=0

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the situation is the same as yours and we said there was no risk? Then there's no risk.
Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.