Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » protected sex but scared and slightly confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: protected sex but scared and slightly confused
xmetalgirl
Neophyte
Member # 110591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xmetalgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I had sex three times this month which were all protected with condoms, no breaks or slips by the way. I was not really worried until now it is a little bit late and now scared and confused. I have a shorter cycle which i usually get my period 22-25 days. It is now later in the day 27 and still dont have it. I took 2 tests and both were negative. I tracked my periods for about a year and I noticed that last year in June I got my period in 28 days and in December I got it 28 days too (only those times and I dont remember being stressed or anything). Do periods have a pattern? I read that two times a year your period will be later because two times a year it will ovulate later. It kind of loks like a pattern because every six months in the year it was late. Am I pregnant and it is two early to test? I even used first morninng urine but held it in all day until 5 pm so that had to be concentrated! Or is there a period pattern going on? I am tired of so much changes in periods lol i remember even last year I was heavier and had heavier periods. I just need help and advice and facts
Posts: 26 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you used a condom for every sexual activity -- and sounds like you did -- and like you said it didn't break or slip then you can trust the condom did its work, everytime. Condoms alone have a very high efficiency rate when used properly.

Periods do change. Our bodies are not machines so they won't always react the same way. Sure they can have a pattern but they are not always going to be the same. Think about this: you don't eat the same food every day, right? You may have a sleeping pattern but I'm pretty sure you don't sleep the same hours every night. See where I'm going? There are a lot of reasons why a period can change. If you'd like you can have more info about this topic in this next link: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Per the testing question, here you can have all the info you need:
Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

If you feel like you don't trust the results now, you can always retest. Pregnancy tests can be taken after a missing period or 14 days after the last pregnancy risk. Whatever comes first.

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xmetalgirl
Neophyte
Member # 110591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xmetalgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I have been going through some other reasons. I never drank coffee as much before or had much caffeine. I have brrn on a pretty healthy diet before and usually when I eat junk food i only do it before my period because I usually get hungrier and craving junk food so i treat myself before my period. About a week ago around day 20 in my cycle I had a very sugary caffeine iced cappucino and sweets and did not sleep at all maybe an hour and it sucked. I was stressed and felt crappy the whole night. But then also a few more times this week had the same very high caffeinated drink because I think i became a little addicted to them and more sweet (man totally regret it). It made me stress a lot , not very much sleep, night sweats, iritable, depressed and when the week of my period came I was just cranky and stressed. I think I am very sensitive to caffeine. Also icfelt an increase in aches and just plain old feel stressed out. Can last week and this week of having those drinks and being all stressed make my period late? I read that caffeine can be bad for the menstrual cycle is that true? Even if it is just a couple of weeks of this?
Posts: 26 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xmetalgirl
Neophyte
Member # 110591

Im sorry for any spelling mistakes I write this from my phone and kind of hard to edit afterwards!
xmetalgirl
Neophyte
Member # 110591

Im sorry for any spelling mistakes I write this from my phone and kind of hard to edit afterwards!
xmetalgirl
Neophyte
Member # 110591

Sorry i meant from a week before menstrual cycle like day 15 had caffeine and then the beginning of my menstrual cycle like days 21 to now stil hhaad caffeine and been achey, stressing out and been waking up alot with night sweats
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We can't really say exactly what is causing those symptoms, but you can go through some of the reasons in the M.I.A article that edith gave you. Although, going from drinking no caffeine to drinking a bunch routinely may have some odd effects on your system. So, you may want to try scaling back on the coffee and see how you feel.

If you're having long term physical symptoms that you can't explain, checking in with a healthcare provider would be a sound choice to make.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xmetalgirl
Neophyte
Member # 110591

Sorry i meant from a week before menstrual cycle like day 15 had caffeine and then the beginning of my menstrual cycle like days 21 to now stil hhaad caffeine and been achey, stressing out and been waking up alot with night sweats
xmetalgirl
Neophyte
Member # 110591

I am 100% sure it is stress then!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.