Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Sperm travel, precum?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sperm travel, precum?
educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for educatemeplease     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, this is my first post and I don't know exactly if I'm posting in the correct place but if so I strongly apologize but I desperate for a correct answer. I've read plenty of your articles and post hundreds possibly thousands of times but I have found a direct answer. If someone has precum on the finger from readjusting himself then touches the side or near the vulva (not directly in or on the vulva) of a unshaved vagina could the sperm travel (swim) inside the vulva to cause pregnancy. When I was getting a massage, the therapist could have accidentally touched my vagina as he was placing the sheets on me. I don't know if he had precum on his fingers or not but there are a lot of weidos in this world. He may have a slight erection because he accidentally brushed against my had when i was asleep. I keep saying accidentally because I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Thanks
Posts: 14 | From: georgia | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards, educatemeplease.

Have you seen this piece Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide? It should explain why this isn't possible.

Did the massage therapist do anything to make you concerned about his behaviour or his appropriateness with you?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1785 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for educatemeplease     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello again, yes I've read that article a few times. Of course, "natural OCD" kicks in. The thing that got me thinking wasn't during the time I layed for my massage but we it was over and I was fully clothed, he couldn't understand while my body was so stiff and tense. He tried to readjust my body and pop my back to release tension but as he grabbed me from behind I could fell an erection or slight erection (idk). I don't know if this is a natural uncontrollable or perverted response. This left me thinking, could he have jacked off while I was asleep and proceeded to touch me unawaringly. I guess he would have had to put his hands down his pants, touch a bare penis in order to transfer the fluid? I think I may have been too passive and didn't want to embarrass him by saying something but I stepped away to see if I noticed any leaks on his pants so I could call him out on it but I did not see any. Although I did experience some sweat between my buttocks maybe bc I had on gym shorts (i'm hoping it wasn't his fluids). 12 days later, I received my period but of course their are people that say that they've experienced decidual bleeding during pregnancy and they thought there were having a menstrual cycle. I boldly called him the next day or so to confront him on the issue but he said that there wasn't any unprofessional intentions and he didn't mean to offend me. I don't know how guys parts work bc of course I'm not a guy.
Posts: 14 | From: georgia | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, in that article (and this one:
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000 ), what did it say about the risk level of transfer of fluids via hand?

When you say "natural OCD," what do you mean exactly?

And am I understanding correctly that you were asleep during the massage, and that you think he masturbated while you were asleep?

[ 06-02-2014, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1288 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

Hi, when I say natural OCD I mean of course many people will begin to wonder all of the different possibilites (the what if's). Please disregard the the statement of natural OCD presuming that it isn't a major factor in this matter. I don't know if he masturbated or not, I'm just thinking of possibilities once again. How motile are sperm? Could it have swam?
educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

I'm sorry Sam W. to answer your question about the article, it states If you did/were part of anything like this, you (or a partner) MAY HAVE had a pregnancy risk, but it is not a likely one:
• Having someone ejaculate ("come") on hands then immediately rub it on a vulva or put those semen-covered fingers right inside the vagina. This situation didn't take place directly on vulva if I can remember but does that matter if sperm can swim?

--------------------
the kool one

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that scenario is very, very different from what you described to us, no? That scenario involves a handful of fresh ejaculate being rubbed on a vulva or in a vagina, and you know that there was neither a handful of ejaculate nor rubbing of your vulva.

Did you read the article I linked you to in my first reply? It contains the answers to the questions you're asking here about sperm and reproduction.

If a massage therapist masturbated while with a client, that would be grossly unprofessional and an abuse. That is not a thing that any proper, non-abusive massage therapist would ever do.

I'm not sure why you're very concerned about possibilities. The things you're suggesting don't seem to have any real indications that they might have happened - unless I'm missing something?

You're obviously very uncomfortable with something, to be feeling like this. Perhaps we can identify what, so we can help better? For example, have you had fears or many thoughts about pregnancy before, and your mind is trying to find new ways to make you think about it? Or, were you very uncomfortable being naked next to someone, or touched and massaged, or by a man? Or was there something about this massage therapist which scared or worried you, or which reminded you of someone or something that worried you? Or something else?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1785 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

Hi Redskies, I agree that this act could be very unprofessional. You're not missing any detail. I don't want to falsely accuse him by saying that he did masturbate bc I can't prove it, I think it's just fear trying to rationalize different possibilities in my mind. Yes, i can remember having a pregnancy scare as a child but no one ever touched me inappropriately (sounds crazy I know). There was no rubbing on my vulva. When he touch my vagina he immediately pulled his hand away as if it was by accident. The erection after the massage is what I think made me begin to add things together. I haven't had sexual intercourse before so maybe that's where I'm uncomfortable at

--------------------
the kool one

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

An erection is a bodily response that a person is not in full control of. Past puberty, a person with a penis does gradually gain more control, but whether a penis is erect or not is usually not within someone's control all the time. Sometimes the body will even act completely independently of the mind, producing a physical response when a person is having completely unsexy thoughts. So, we don't ever want to judge someone or their intentions by whether they have an erection or not, but by all the rest of their behaviour that they Can control and that they Are choosing.

From what you're saying, this is sounding like it's fear in the driving seat for you here, suggesting to you and trying to make you believe improbable or impossible things.

Do you know what prompted the pregnancy scare when you were a child?

--------------------

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This kind of fear around this situation certainly sounds much more like a result of an obsessive-compulsive disorder than anything else to me, because in pretty much every way, there is no basis in the reality of this situation you have described for either sexual contact or a pregnancy risk.

Are you currently being treated in any way for the OCD?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

Hello guys, I surely appreciate the time

I'm not being treated for OCD and I'm not going to rule out the fact that the it's one of the contributors in this matter but I can as well discern or have instinct concerning something. If only you could have even heard his tone of voice question marks would flare upon you also. Being that I'm a woman with breast, if I was to cut a guys hair and place my breast on his head just to get a little more precision on the angle I'm cutting, sure enough I think I would know that hey I have my breast on my client's head and it has been sitting here for over a minute. I think he could have been trying to see if I would go further with him "provoking sexual contact". Just think about it: brush against hand while I'm half way asleep, slight tough of vagina, erection during strengthening (in which I don't think is included in fees), creepy voice. Who knows if he actually "got off" though the fantasies of his mind. If he did, primarily I just want to make sure it didn't get on me. Sorry so lengthy but thanks guys

--------------------
the kool one

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not sure what else we can really do for you with this, especially given that you came in telling us, yourself, do not know if anything you are concerned about here actually occurred. And if what you are wondering might have did, there still would not be any issues around pregnancy, so that is a bit moot.

I think the best you can do moving foreard from here is a couple things:
- If and when you ever are in a situation where you do not feel safe, for any reason, you just want to get yourself out of there. In this case, if this massage therapist's voice, or some way he touched you made you uncomfortable, and to the agre you were concerned about abuse, no less, ideally, the best way to go would just to say you were done with the massage now, get dressed and go. If you ever have a next time like this, that is what I suggest doing.
- Perhaps if you are going to get massages, you might feel best with a massage therapist who is not a man? If so, you can always ask for someone of a different gender when you make any appointments.
- If you continue to have any fears around this, and/or you know or suspect you may have an anxiety disorder, the best next step would be to seek out a counselor or other mental health professional to get more help.

--------------------
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

Thanks Heather, Redskies, and Sam for your help. Sure, this is why I've too been confused as of his intentions. Just to be frank, even if he had an erection while standing adjusting my back and neck from behind for at least a minute or two, if he had precum or ejaculate would it have gotten on me. I felt what could have just been sweat bc i had on gym shorts, oil from the massage, and a face of confusion?
Heather
Member # 3

We've already been quite clear that none of what you are worrying about here has the potential to create a pregnancy.

As well, unless this massage therapist was nude, no fluids from his penis, should there have even been any -- and there most likely were not, again, this is this person's job, not likely the way they get their rocks off -- could have gotten on your body regardless.

And if you find that this and the other things we have told you already don't leave you able to just let these fears go, again, I would strongly suggest talking to a mental healthcare provider, as that'd be the next step.

--------------------
About MeGet our book!

educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

Thanks...would the mons pubis and vulva be considered the same thing. I know that the mons pubis is the upper part of the vulva (underneath the abdomen)but I have been so confused to think that the vulva was the slit leading to the vagina? So when i say not directly on the vulva, I could be talking about the mons pubis

--------------------
the kool one

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

The vulva is the name for all your external genital area, not just the entrance to the vagina. The mons pubis is a particular part of the genitals. Our article Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More should help clear this up for you.

--------------------

educatemeplease
Neophyte
Member # 110464

Ok I just read the article and the "light bulb" has just clicked on. My question would be could semen on the mons cause pregnancy?

--------------------
the kool one

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Only if it was ejaculated directly from a penis onto the mons pubis. Otherwise, no.

If this question is about the situation you were talking about earlier in this thread, then again, there is nothing you said that gives any suggestion that there was any semen anywhere.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.