Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Quick Question...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quick Question...
Tpt20092013
Activist
Member # 60391

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Tpt20092013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I have already read the article on pregnancy risks, but I had a question on just how big that risk is...
My boyfriend and I were having sex, we are usually very cautious because currently our only method of birth control is male condoms. Tonight, I did not hold onto the base of the condom when he pulled out, and the condom came with me.

I am aware that this does pose a risk of pregnancy, but I wanted to ask if in your opinion it would be wise to take Plan B as a precaution. The condom seemed completely in place and I am at the end of my cycle (should be starting my period soon). Just asking for a piece of mind...
Thank-you in advance!

Posts: 44 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, did the condom come off and/or did the contents spill? If ejaculate spilled on or around your vulva, then yes, you may want to consider taking EC.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tpt20092013
Activist
Member # 60391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tpt20092013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The condom came off of him, but was still in me. I know some of it spilled on him...but I am not sure, I don't think, any of it spilled onto me.
Posts: 44 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A condom coming off entirely is considered a condom failure; there's no way to know for sure if semen came in contact with you directly, but once a condom comes off inside someone's body, there is a risk of that direct exposure. So it's really up to you how comfortable you are with a potential risk here.
Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.