Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pregnancy scare! Help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy scare! Help?
mary97
Neophyte
Member # 110378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mary97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I'm new here so I don't know if I'm posting this right or not. I need some answers. I'm 16 and a virgin, I've never had any sexual experiences before. About 3 weeks ago, my boyfriend came to visit me and we took things a little far than I expected. It started with us making out and the next second we're grinding. We were both naked when we did it but he did not put it in. Also he didn't ejaculate nor pre-cum. Though I'm still scared of the fact that I could get pregnant. I've had my period on time but it seemed unusual. It started with some brown spotting the day before it started, then it was normal until the second day when I noticed it had stopped for the night. I've felt a bit dizzy and had a slight lower, left abdominal pain. I could barely feel it though. Also I seem to be urinating more frequently. I must mention that lately I've been quite stressed and haven't eaten much. I don't know if I'm being paranoid or if this is psychological, but I need some opinions. Thank you.
Posts: 2 | From: uSa | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, Mary! This post contains your answer: http://www.scarleteen.com/this_is_your_pregnancy_scare_answer

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to make sure we give you full information, Johanna linked you to that article because you've had a period since the incident you're describing.

For the future, direct genital-to-genital contact does have a risk of pregnancy. If you don't want to become pregnant, we'd suggest you use one or two methods of contraception or dial things back to activities that don't have a pregnancy risk. We'd be happy to talk about those options with you. You can also have a look here at what risks or non-risks different activities have: Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

Periods do sometimes vary a bit, and that can be linked to changes in eating habits and lifestyle changes because of stress.

If you're having ongoing pain or other symptoms, it's a good idea to check in with a healthcare provider.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mary97
Neophyte
Member # 110378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mary97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. It was very helpful.
Posts: 2 | From: uSa | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.