Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Implantation bleeding or late period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Implantation bleeding or late period?
nicole1512
Neophyte
Member # 110374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nicole1512     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
So I'm going to tell you my story:
My last period was on April 21 and on April 24 my boyfriend and I were on the beach fooling around. Under water, he penetrated for like 5 seconds until it slipped away. He was in me for less than 10 seconds, for sure (TMI, I know, sorry). I was on my period that day (I bled a little on the morning but in the night there was no more blood). My periods usually take 3-5 days to finish and my menstrual cycle is usually 25-26 days and I have never been late. I think I ovulated between the days May 5 to May 8 (I felt the weird pain I always feel when I'm ovulating).

My next period was expected to be on May 16. Usually I wake up with a pool of blood (again, TMI, I'm sorry, but I think it is revenant). But my period didn't came that day. I had some cramps but stopped fast. I woke up on May 17 with no period, again. I started panicking and getting very anxious (Yes, I panic a lot). On May 18 I woke up with nothing but a white sticky fluid stuck on my panty. I went to the nearest store and bought a pregnancy test. When I was about to pee I noticed brown blood spots on the panty, following pee with brownish blood. (I think that thats the start of a period?) I took the preg test anyways and came out negative. (That happened like at 5pm).
Like at 7pm I went to the bathroom and there was no blood, just a little as I wipe. Then I felt a huge need to pee so I run to the bathroom and there was blood again, this time was a little more, a little more red, but still brownish.
I usually get the brownish blood at the end of my period. I don't know how it starts since I just wake up with the blood pool (as if the period started 5 hrs before I woke up)

What is happening? Can this be implantation bleeding? Why my period was 2 days late? Am I just being paranoid?

A little background info:
During this time, I finished my senior year, changed a little my sleeping schedule and started exercising.

Please help.

PS: Sorry for any gramatical error, english is not my first language.

Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nicole1512
Neophyte
Member # 110374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nicole1512     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Additional Information:
On May 27 I took around 6000 mg of Vitamin C and Green Tea in order to induce the period...

--------------------
niki

Posts: 5 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While you did have a risk, a negative pregnancy test means that you are not pregnant. If you took it according to the directions, then you can trust that result.

A lot of things can affect the menstrual cycle. Here are some suggestions: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

Unprotected genital contact also poses STI risks, so if you two have not been tested, you'll want to get caught up.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.