Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » how worried should i be? what are the chances?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how worried should i be? what are the chances?
buitra
Neophyte
Member # 110330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buitra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, first of all english is not my first language, but I will try to express myself the best I can, so you guys can help me.

So, the other day the girl that Ive been seeing and I started to mess around,we got naked and dry humped I know that this has a risk of pregnancy, but I did not get an erection, and I did not ejaculate(also Im not circumcised, I dont know if it matters in this case).

Later we tried to have sex but as I was very nervous I still couldnt get hard, but we tried to have sex anyways, but I couldnt really get it in for more than a second, so we stopped there.

The problem now is that this happenned 15 days ago, and now she has a delay of 5 days, and Im getting worried.

Is there a realsitic chance of her being pregnant? in my mind it should be very very low, her delay could be because of normal stuff, she had been taking some antibiotics and also had a lot of stress because of work.

Thank you very much for your answers, and sorry for my english

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No trouble -- it's not your fault we mostly only work in one language here! -- and welcome to the boards. [Smile]

Am I understanding correctly that you did engage in vaginal intercourse? If so, was any method of contraception used at all, including condoms? If not, am I also getting right that you not only did not ejaculate, but where nowhere near ejaculation?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buitra
Neophyte
Member # 110330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for buitra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did engage vaginal intercourse or at least tried to, but I didnt have an erection so it was quite hard, Im not actually sure if the penis entered the vagina, but if it did it was for seconds because it would get out. also I did not used any method of contraception which was really dumb from me. and no I was nowhere near ejaculation I dont think I had pre-cum.

I hope that I was clear enough, Im not used to using these terms on a foreign language, and thank you for your quick answer.

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.

So, then what you did was use withdrawal as a method of birth control. You can find out how effective that is here: Withdrawal.

As well, you won't have done anything to reduce risks of sexually transmitted infections, so if you and your girlfriend already do not get tested, sounds like it's time to start with that.

If her period is late, given you did engage in intercourse, an activity that poses pregnancy risks (for how long really is a non-issue), what would be advised is not worrying, as that doesn't do anything, but her taking a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So you had direct genital contact, but no ejaculation? In that case, there is a risk of pregnancy, but it is very low.

With unprotected contact like that, the bigger concern is STIs. Have you both been tested for sexually transmitted infections?

(Your English is fine, btw! [Smile] )

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buitra
Neophyte
Member # 110330

Thank you very much for your answer.

from what I read ,the chances should be quite low and I suppose that not having an erection at that time helped in that regard, but yes you are right, she can still get pregnant so the most logical step would be to take a test and clear all doubt.

Again thank you for your time I find this site to be very useful.

buitra
Neophyte
Member # 110330

I dont have any STIs that I know of and neither does she, but I think I will get a test just in case.
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Testing is really the only way to know for sure, so it's a good idea to get tested regularly. If you need help finding somewhere to get tested, let us know and we'll see what we can find. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.