Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Am I just paranoid? Late period, morning sickness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I just paranoid? Late period, morning sickness
ladykay22
Neophyte
Member # 109739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladykay22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple weeks ago my boyfriend and I were making out in the back of his car and then we stripped to underwear and he was grinding on me. He fingered me and then I gave him oral. He didn't ejaculate in my mouth or around my vagina.
I was uncomfortable with most of this, so I don't think I'm emotionally ready for sexual activity. I definitely won't do anything like this in the future because of the scare I'm having.
Anyways, I was wearing lacy underwear so I'm worried that somehow pre ejaculate got through them.
My period is late and when I woke up yesterday I felt extremely light headed and nauseous, like I was going to vomit. Could this be morning sickness?
I'm scared out of my mind and I can't sleep at night.
Could this pose a pregnancy risk or am I being too paranoid? Are there other causes for severe nausea in the morning?
Obviously I don't want to be pregnant, and it would ruin everything for me. I can't picture myself being with my boyfriend forever and my parents would freak out if they knew I was pregnant.
I don't know what to do.
I'm also not able to get my hands on a pregnancy test without my mom finding out.
On a side note, how can I tell my boyfriend I'm not ready to have sex and do sexual activities with him?
My last period started on April 5th, so is my period late or could my cycle just be longer, is this normal, etc?
Thank you in advance, I'm so happy this site is here to provide information and calm my nerves (hopefully)

Posts: 4 | From: UT | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For a pregnancy to happen there must be a DIRECT contact between genitals. When there is underwear in the middle -- even thin, lacey underwear -- is NOT a direct contact.

This is not the first time you express feeling not ready to have sex so I am wondering if have you been able to talk with your partner and let them know how this sexual activities are making you feel? Sex is never supposed to be stressfull and when we don't feel ready to do something the best we can do it honor those feelings.

You are asking how to talk with your partner and tell them you are not feeling ready? My answer would be: like you talk about anything else. Seriously, being able to have open communication is one of the most important things when we are in a relathionship -- sexual or not. What do you think is stopping you to talk with them?

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zaina
Neophyte
Member # 110363

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zaina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to bother you, but did you end up getting your period? Or were you really pregnant? I went through a similar situation
Posts: 32 | From: USA | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zaina: I'm not comfortable with you posting to other users threads like this (this is the second time now), and even if and when they answer, that still does not tell you anything about YOUR pregnancy status.

If you want to know about your own, other people's situations will not tell you anything. Instead, you need to take care of yourself, and do the things you first can for yourself, and take a test or see a healthcare provider, please.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Also, Zania, I just looked at your user history, and you have been here literally drowning yourself in people's pregnancy scares for over three solid hours. Heck, with that kind of immersion, *I* would be freaking out about pregnancy myself, and probably be having panic attacks just out of empathy alone.

That kind of thing is about the surest way to INCREASE your anxiety and fear -- and to keep yourself from just sucking it up and doing what you need to do with a concern like this, which is taking a test or seeking healthcare. I can't advise enough you do not choose to do things which only keep you panicked and stuck, instead of helping you move forward.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.