Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Pre ejaculate fluid transferred to second condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pre ejaculate fluid transferred to second condom
yenialtin
Neophyte
Member # 110287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yenialtin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have tried to have sex with my girlfriend for the first time, I used condoms and didn't ejaculate inside her. But what worries me is pre-ejaculate fluid that may have been transfered to second condom from my hand.
I took of my condom, there was some fluid on my penis and I am not sure if I transferred some fluid to second condom with my hand. Because I touched at the tip of my second condom while wearing it and put it inside his vagina.
Is there a risk of pregnancy. I am too worried and I can't get it out of my head. Is it possible to transfer sperms this way? is there a risk of pregnancy?

[ 05-09-2014, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: yenialtin ]

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you take a look at this article first, please?
Can I Get Pregnant, or Get or Pass On an STI From That?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yenialtin
Neophyte
Member # 110287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yenialtin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the fast reply.

I've read the article but I am not sure which fits my case better. [Frown]

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that article lists all the sexual activities that can pose a pregnancy risk. Is what you describe listed as an activity that can pose a pregnangy risk?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yenialtin
Neophyte
Member # 110287

It's a vaginal intercourse, so yes?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Did you use a condom for this vaginal intercourse?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

yenialtin
Neophyte
Member # 110287

Yes...
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you properly used the condom, then the chance of pregnancy is very low. (We have a good article about condom use: Condom Basics: A User's Manual)

In terms of any fluid transfer to condoms from your hand, that falls under manual sex for purposes of looking it up in the article Joey linked above.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yenialtin
Neophyte
Member # 110287

I didn't add any lubricant because my condoms were extra lubricated but I guess it doesn't make any difference since it didn't break.

I've read "manuel sex" again and I concluded that there is no extra risk in my case because the article accounts body fluids? Am I right?

And there is no extra risk in fluid transfers except a direct contact?

Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the future, it's best to use lube even with lubricated condoms, as what comes on them generally isn't enough. Since it didn't break, in this case you were fine.

You're right on both of those risk assessments.

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yenialtin
Neophyte
Member # 110287

Thanks for the answers.

I used condoms and I didn't ejaculate inside her. That means a pregnancy is almost impossible, right? So I shouldn't feel scared. But why do I feel bad? Is it normal to be anxious after the first time?

How can I stop thinking "what if I did something wrong"
How can I make myself (and more importantly my gf) feel better?

[ 05-10-2014, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: yenialtin ]

Edith_*
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 107716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Edith_*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You, succesfully, used a condom and also used withdrawal as well. Those are two methods, and the chances of pregnancy are very, very low.

What we know is that sometimes, when people feel bad -- or anxious -- about sexual activities usually means that people is not ready yet to have sex, or that there is something they need -- and don't have -- to feel safe about sex.

There is no way we can tell you how to stop thinking something you are already thinking. That's not how the mind works. But what I can do is advice that, if you are not feeling okay with the desicions you and your partner are taking the best thing both of you can do is, honor those feelings, talk to each other and see if you can find out what each of you need to feel good. Open communication is very important whenever we are in a relationship, of every kind.

This next link could be very useful for you:

Whoa, There! How to Slow Down When You're Moving Too Fast.

--------------------
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it " (...'cause no one else will) -Gandhi-

Posts: 420 | From: Somewhere over the rainbow* | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yenialtin
Neophyte
Member # 110287

But my gf has nausea and she vomitted today. Is it a symptom?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Symptoms" are most often neither helpful nor relevant.

For more, see: Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul.

If your girlfriend is concerned she may be pregnant, the only sound next step is for her to take a test. If she is not concerned, trust her on this, as this is about her body. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yenialtin
Neophyte
Member # 110287

It has been only 4 days. We should wait until her next period or 2 weeks, right? (see, I learn lots of things from this website [Big Grin] )

I understand I shouldn't think about symptoms as they are mostly related to something else, but is it possible to see any symptoms this early?

I want to talk more with my gf about this, but I cause her to panic like me. I don't want to make her feel scared again after I managed to calm her down. I guess she just assumes she got cold.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, because it isn't even possible for there to BE a pregnancy this early should someone become pregnant. [Smile]

In other words, this is kind of like asking if someone could have symptoms from food poisoning while the fork with the food on it has not yet even touched their lips. Make sense?

If not, this should explain that for you: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.