Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Pregnancy Scares » Preg risk????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Preg risk????
Tiffjo
Neophyte
Member # 110281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiffjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sry for the long message b4 hand......THANK you for your patience!!

so....i understand that you cannot get pregnant from giving blowjobs or giving hand jobs as your
digestive system is NOT connected to your reproductive...my question here is, if i gave my
bf a blowjob would sperm be able to transfer to my hands then vag and possibly pregnate?
what if after the deed i washed my hands with soap and water for like 10 or 15 seconds and then maybe a half hour later
washed them under hot water afterwards drying them completely then used the restroom -
is there a chance that i could get pregnant? there was no visible semen on my hands when i did
use the restroom and it was probably a good hour after i did the deed. my hands weren't sticky
anymore and there were no fluids that i could see or feel on my hands. and, since i was on my period
i carefully put in a tampon without letting my hand touch myself, im scared that that couldve
pushed leftover spermies inside me [Frown]
i took 2 pregnancy tests on the same day on the 3rd
of this month i believe (somewhere in there) and they both came out negative, i know that its a bit
early for a test, but its the only thing that would stave off my anxiety for a little while. i also
unfortunately havent really kept track of my period and ovulation times, my period last started on the 14th of
april (blood moon...weird lol) and ended on the day i gave my bf a blowjob, the 18th. my period is actually rather reliable - i get my period pretty much every month round the clock. and i had cramps yesterday and my stomach felt heavyyyy but no sore breasts (but this morning i feel no cramping at all o.o.....)
or anything like that, and i havent had any blood yet, i suppose this is because i have had a few (severe)
panic attacks over this so my body is having a late period, but i just would like to see wat your
guy's opinion on this would b. (i am not on birth control, yes i know i should...but ive never had
vaginal sex so i didnt think i needed to.)
i know this is a ridiculous question, and i know many will scoff at it......
my logic tells me im just ooverrrreacting. but you must
understand, i come from a very religious family, and regardless of how irrational asking that
question may be, im so terrified of unwanted pregnancy that, 21 days after i performed oral
sex for my boyfriend, i still CANNOT shake the anxiety i got from this. i will not be doing
any more sexual acts after this as i realize i am not ready for it (obviously......) much
less actually ready to have vaginal sex. i was being reckless to go ahead and do oral sex without
thinking about the emotional or physical consequences. im just at my wits end right now, i havent
really told my bf that im anxious over this and i know i should, but i dont want to stress him out
either, even though he'd probably tell me im overreacting and i need to calm down. but i hav to ask
this because this is making me go bonkers, im an emotional wreck right now, and this is not exactly
a subject i can vent to my family about, not only that, but it would be embarassing as hell (excuse my language) to
talk to them about it, nevermind the fact that they'd tell everyone and then i'd b labeled a whore.......

thank you for your help in advance

Posts: 4 | From: nowhere | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have had periods, you have had negative pregnancy tests. You also did not engage in the activities that can cause a pregnancy in the first place.

So, it is clear you are not pregnant.

Have you sought out any help from a mental healthcare professional for the anxiety you are experiencing? If not, that would be a best next step if you cannot seem to manage or quell it on your own.

[ 05-08-2014, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiffjo
Neophyte
Member # 110281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiffjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just hope i start to bleed soon, that is the only thing i can really think of that will help my anxiety right now, that and talking to some one like you (i appreciate your feedback btw). i refuse to go to a psychologist as every time i have gone to one the experience is ALWAYS quite traumatic for me and i am not willing to do that again. im used to dealing with extreme anxiety on my own, i find that talking to close family or some one i know makes it worse as well. so i suppose i'll be frustrated till this passes.
Posts: 4 | From: nowhere | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Therapy should not be traumatic, and there are also other ways to get help with anxiety that do not involve talk therapy, if that is something you have found does not work for you.

How do you feel about even just checking out some self-help books? "My Anxious Mind," by Dr. Michael Tomkins is one I think is particularly good.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiffjo
Neophyte
Member # 110281

ohhh the ''therapy'' was very traumatic unfortunately. i'll have to check that out thank you [Smile] i find that talk therapy definitely doesn't work, seems makes the problems persist for me honestly.
Heather
Member # 3

Well, no one thing works or works best for everyone!

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

Tiffjo
Neophyte
Member # 110281

this is true [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.